Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

... how come Wizards didn't go after Howard? 

Too much money, too much mileage.  Howard is still a pretty dominant player right now and he definitely could have helped us a ton this season.  But I think he's rapidly declining.  He's gotten so slow and he doesn't have a lot of skill to fall back on now that he's 30.  The second and third years of his deal could hurt Atlanta.  But they didn't really have a lot of options after it became clear Horford would leave.

I really like Sato's poise.  Young guy doesn't panic.

Nice little post up basket by Sato there.  Using his size.  He is a match up problem for most of the PGs in the league.

I am hyped about this kid.  Love the way he keeps his head up when he drives.  He reads the floor very well.  The dude has some Manu in his game.

Once he gets strong and develops his three ball he is going to be a fantastic player.

Otto getting some tough boards.  All of Orlando's points are coming off easy stuff--runouts after long rebounds and turnovers and stuff like that.  Their halfcourt offense is weak.

Offense is flowing really smoothly without Wall tonight.  Sato has filled in admirably for him so far.  The problem is going to be that second unit.  When Beal and Sato sub out, we're going to get the Burke and Thornton show again.

Otto will sub out too and Oubre will come in.  So you go from three good passers on the perimeter to three really bad ones.  The second unit is really going to feel the absence of Sato.

3 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

I realize Wall had surgery on both knees, but a pro needs rest 5 games in?  Probably the trainer's/doctor's call, but damn. 

helps to remember that he is ahead of rehab schedule. Most people had him missing the first few games of the season

i'm cool with him missing one of the games of a back to back early in the season

18 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't remember the last time I saw us look this competitive without Wall. I'm impressed, and some of our bench players, like Thorton, looking better.  Want to see more from Oubre, and then I'll really feel good about what I'm seeing.

Credit to this offense.  With Wittman the point guard dominated the ball and most of the team stood still.  Look at all of these off ball screens and cuts!  The system is creating ball movement and generating open looks.  

• Like 1