Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Where the hell are Wall, Nene, and Butler on the defensive rebounds? I see Pierce and Gortat battling all of Charlotte. Basketball 101 the TEAM crashes on defensive rebounds until it's secured. They are treating it like offensive rebounds.

That's bad basketball. This is unforgivable coaching.

Where the hell are Wall, Nene, and Butler on the defensive rebounds? I see Pierce and Gortat battling all of Charlotte. Basketball 101 the TEAM crashes on defensive rebounds until it's secured. They are treating it like offensive rebounds.

That's bad basketball. This is unforgivable coaching.

Seems like theyre trying to cheat to get out on a break. Cause they can't do anything in the half court offense..

I mean "offense."

Edited by STBonecrusher21

Seems like theyre trying to cheat to get out on a break. Cause they can't do anything in the half court offense..

I mean "offense."

It's amazingly bad. Watch any good team rebound at the end of games and you'll see much more than two guys crashing for defensive boards in a tight game. Doing it twice on consecutive possession with under 2:00 remaining is unbelievable. Doesn't matter who the assignment is, players crash down or box out (and then crash if needed).

Also I'll say it again, this is not a bench problem. They lost the lead but the starters had an even game, again, and couldn't close. We've seen the same scenario play out against good teams all year. The starters should win games in which they are essentially tied with 4 minutes to go. If they can't the starting unit is a problem because that scenario is what playoff basketball is all about.

Wizards will be 5th and trying to hold off the bucks for that spot soon enough.

I'm sick of Wittman too. His offense is crap, and he still wants to blame player effort.

I never really liked him. Hes entered Cerrato territory after tonight. 

He does 2 things from the sideline, yell "Lets goooo" to push the ball up. And the other is hang his head and charlie brown walk back to his seat.

When/if he does finally call TOs, he never seems to have any quick critiquing to the guys. He bee lines to a ref and complains about the last call. Zero coaching. We really needed to keep Cassell. 

Witt "It's the same thing over and over again. ... We shot 41% in the 1st half and scored 54 ..." #WizardsTalk #NBA #WizHornets @CSNWizards

Witt:"For whatever we take it upon ourselves, 'This time is for me.' I dont know. Cant answer it" #WizardsTalk #NBA #WizHornets @CSNWizards

Witt: "U cant come out in the 2nd half & play totally different. ... That's y we're losing" #WizardsTalk #NBA #WizHornets @CSNWizards