Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'll certainly take 5-2 in every 7 games played. Especially with 5 road games played. That's 71 %, and would add up to 58 wins.

It would be nice but this team is going to struggle against the better teams for a while.  Don't be surprised if we hit an early losing streak.  We'll be fine but the rotations are a mess, Beal is sorely needed, and we aren't hitting the outside shot like this offense needs too in order to work well. 

Like others, 5-2 is surprising and I'll take it.  With Beal hurt, Humphries hurt and not at 100%, the 1 game suspensions of Nene and Blair, I was thinking we'd be 3-4 by now.  I don't get all the games, so I only see them during the DTV free preview and any national games like the Indiana game last Wednesday.  Get Beal back and set the rotation and like I said during the offseason after all of our acquisitions, there is no reason this team can't win 50 and compete for the East. It's up to Randy at this point. 

Like others, 5-2 is surprising and I'll take it.  With Beal hurt, Humphries hurt and not at 100%, the 1 game suspensions of Nene and Blair, I was thinking we'd be 3-4 by now.  I don't get all the games, so I only see them during the DTV free preview and any national games like the Indiana game last Wednesday.  Get Beal back and set the rotation and like I said during the offseason after all of our acquisitions, there is no reason this team can't win 50 and compete for the East. It's up to Randy at this point.

If you're out of market, you can get NBA league pass and the games won't be blacked out. You can get a five team digital package for like 150 dollars for the season and watch the games on a computer, tablet, or gaming console. It actually makes me wish I was out of market so I could get the Wizards games through that package. I don't like having to monopolize the TV every other night in my household.

We need Beal to be better than last season. I want to see better handles and a better J off the bounce. He gets those going and those awkward pick and pops with Gortat would go from horrible to productive.

Also he and Wall need to stop drawing fouls by falling backwards when attacking the rim. Beal has fallen hard a hundred times doing that and Wall picked up the habit this season.

Edited by Destino
  • Like 1

If you're out of market, you can get NBA league pass and the games won't be blacked out. You can get a five team digital package for like 150 dollars for the season and watch the games on a computer, tablet, or gaming console. It actually makes me wish I was out of market so I could get the Wizards games through that package. I don't like having to monopolize the TV every other night in my household.

I have Sunday Ticket already. I'm not spending any more money and I don't know how you guys can watch a live sporting event on a 4 inch (phone), 10 inch (tablet) or 17 inch (computer) screen. Too small. I need a TV. Speaking of which, you could always get a 2nd TV in your home.

I have Sunday Ticket already. I'm not spending any more money and I don't know how you guys can watch a live sporting event on a 4 inch (phone), 10 inch (tablet) or 17 inch (computer) screen. Too small. I need a TV. Speaking of which, you could always get a 2nd TV in your home.

Was going to say, if you don't mind watching on tbe computer, pretty sure I could get you a link for every game. Goes for anyone here out of market. Obviously not the best setup, but my opinion, better than nothing. Just let me know. Ditto everyone.

• Like 1

I've got a good second TV but only one cable box, so the other TV is just hooked up to a gaming console. And we're about to get rid of our cable too. I thought I was going to be able to just bypass cable all together and get league pass but nope. Blacked out. That really disappointed me. It's not friggin 1994 anymore. In 2014, I should be able to subscribe to a service that let's me watch my team without having to let the cable company rip me off.

I don't mind watching games on the laptop. Sometimes I hook it up to the TV anyway. But if you have something like an apple TV or a gaming console or other smart device, the NBA league pass app is on there and you can watch it on your TV.

So far it seems like me, you and skinfan2k.Destino, stevem, Randy, among others, any of you all interested? Would be real nice

Im outta town on biz the next few days.  i get back to Richmond on Sunday.  If you guys have the details sketched out by then,  you can probably count on me coming up.  I look forward to it!

What would be awesome is if Ted worked it out so you could subscribe to a service on Monumental Network that streams all Wizards game broadcasts on an app for any smart device, regardless of where you are in the world. I would absolutely pay for that.

Every team, professional and college, should have such a broadcast network. Ditto for baseball and football too.

What would be awesome is if Ted worked it out so you could subscribe to a service on Monumental Network that streams all Wizards game broadcasts on an app for any smart device, regardless of where you are in the world. I would absolutely pay for that.

Every team, professional and college, should have such a broadcast network. Ditto for baseball and football too.

I'd buy that as well. 

I don't get why anyone is surprised the Wiz are 5-2 so far. They have played 4 really bad teams (combined 9-21) and two really good teams (combined 11-3).  The Wiz should be 7-2 before starting a tougher stretch though they do play 9 of the next 11 at home. They need to take advantage of the schedule while they can.

• Like 1

I don't get why anyone is surprised the Wiz are 5-2 so far. They have played 4 really bad teams (combined 9-21) and two really good teams (combined 11-3).  The Wiz should be 7-2 before starting a tougher stretch though they do play 9 of the next 11 at home. They need to take advantage of the schedule while they can.

Because the Wizards don't start fast as a rule.  That kind of preparedness and consistency is what other teams experience.  Around here our team likes to get injured and play itself into game shape.  Plus we're talking about the wizards, the team that specializes in losing to bad teams they should beat. 

Edited by Destino

Because the Wizards don't start fast as a rule.  That kind of preparedness and consistency is what other teams experience.  Around here our team likes to get injured and play itself into game shape.  Plus we're talking about the wizards, the team that specializes in losing to bad teams they should beat. 

I understand all that, but the East is downright terrible. Maybe 3-4 teams in the East would have a chance to make the playoffs in the east whereas probably only the Lakers and the Nuggents wouldn't have a chance in the East...well, even those two might have a chance in the East.

The talent alone should get the Wiz into the top 5 of the East.