Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I don't consider anyone who obsesses to the point of perfection within their craft a clown. Gil put more work in on his game than most ever did. He might have been a humorous dude who joked sa bunch, but he's not a clown. If not for a freak accident, premature comebacks, Lebron whispers, and shaq, he'd have his jersey in the rafters.

So what happens to Baltche and Swaggy P if they had been drafted by, say, the Spurs?

Blatche had a rep as being lazy before he was drafted...and Nick was just a fun loving kid.

We'll never know what would have happened because more than likely the Spurs wouldn't have drafted them in the first place.

We'll never know what would have happened because more than likely the Spurs wouldn't have drafted them in the first place.

Exactly. Because Gil set the clown culture and made it possible for us to draft them.

You know I was as big of a Gil supporter and fan as anyone back when, but as time has passed, as I get further away emotionally from those teams, as I experience a legit contender with legit professionals on it, I've soured on Gil more and more.

Exactly. Because Gil set the clown culture and made it possible for us to draft them.

You know I was as big of a Gil supporter and fan as anyone back when, but as time has passed, as I get further away emotionally from those teams, as I experience a legit contender with legit professionals on it, I've soured on Gil more and more.

We'll agree to disagree.  :)

• Like 1

A new $30 - $40 million training facility for the @WashWizards could be coming to the Shaw neighborhood in NW DC.

Mark Segraves @SegravesNBC4

Proposed @WashWizards training facility would be located where Shaw skate park is now. 5000 seat facility could be home to @WashMystics

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Gil was great from 2004-08 but he was the ring leader of a locker room circus and was a mediocre leader.  More known for guns and online poker during halftime than winning and playing defense.

Now regardless, if not for Gerald Wallace falling on his knee, his career would be completely different but Wall is a much more natural leader I think and actually puts effort in defensively.  Hence, better chance of success.

Chipwich is sure to come in here and tell everyone for the umpteenth time he saw them play in the 70s and that because they've sucked since, we should hold Eddie Jordan up with Joe Gibbs and George Allen, but the fact is, the guy had three All-Stars and couldn't get to 50 wins once, not with Hughes or Butler rounding out the Big Three. 

And of course they're making everything.

Offensive foul?

Jesus our offense is a mess tonight and the Raptors are killing it from deep.

Porter needs to come in early. Find someone who can spark us. Shooting is contagious. Good and bad.

Also gotta start working the ball inside. Can't hit anything, gotta try to get to the line.

Jesus if DeRozan is making that and Drew Gooden misses an open jumper, it's going to be a rough night.

Porter comes in and hits his first two. Stopping the bleeding.

I'm surprised people challenge Gortat at the rim so much. He does a great job contesting shots without fouling.

Wall is ice cold and he's out there thinking and not doing. Hesitant to take a shot.

I like that. Lou Williams on GRJr, take that post up every time you can.

Honestly we're lucky to be down just 10. They shot 55% and we shot 31%. Especially since they did a good job turning a bunch of our misses into quick offense.

We're staying in this game by beating them on the boards. We'll be alright if we can finally starting hitting some shots.

God Williams just destroyed us. They're going to blow us out tonight.

Our worst game that I can remember. This is flat out embarrassing. Crappy defense and worse offense. Missing layups. Missing FTs. Missing open jumpers. Losing the ball after the screen. Getting embarrassed by quick ball handlers that get right past the on ball defender.

We weren't prepared at all tonight. They're a sharper and better coached team and it shows.

Wall, you gotta pay for making them gamble for steals and press you in the back court.