Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Casey Rabach Must Go!!!

Touch of Class 17

This team needs to shake up the roster again and get rid of the lousy players. Rabach is one of the worst centers in the laegue. He constantly gets beat and pushed back into the play but Shanahan praises this guy. Maybe it is the guys on either side of him that make his play look bad or just maybe the whole interior is bad. Whatever the case we need to find the solution to these type of woes if this team is to progress and not regress as it does year after year.

Rabach is only around 260. Montgomery is around 300-310. If you're taking on multiple 300 pounders you need that extra weight to keep you anchored to the ground. On top of that weight often translates to muscle with athletes like this. From the looks of him on the field Rabach has to be one of the weakest linemen in the NFL. I don't care if you're quick or have good technique, none of that matters if you get physically overpowered half of the time.

To top it all off I've paid attention to what looks like Rabach making line calls. Now he could just be pointing and yelling stuff to guys to throw the other team off, but it seems like he does one hell of a bad job setting the rest of the line up to properly handle a blitz when he DOES recognize it. The problem is most of the time he guesses wrong and doesn't recognize where the pressure is coming from, which puts a lot of importance on how well our runningback chips or picks up those blitzes up the gut.

Rabach has been stepping on the feet of our QB's since he got here, singlehandedly causing a large number of drive killing tackles for a loss and even fumbles. I can name at least three times a touchdown pass or big play was called back because Casey Rabach was holding. Center is one of the easiest positions on the offensive line NOT to hold at. Very few C's draw holding penalties with any regularity.

Rabach is recognized around the league as a dirty player, and not the "he's so good/rough/tough" that he borders on dirty while making great plays type of dirty player. The type of dirty player that needs to do ****ty, underhanded crap to survive. The wrong kind of dirty player

Casey Rabach doesn't really even have great technique. I knew some light G's in my football days. Usually a light offensive lineman has to make up for his lack of size and strength with great technique. Look at a guy like Mark Schlereth. He was always listed in the 280's but his teammates claimed he couldn't have been much more than 260-270. Look at Jeff Bostic, he had to be what...245 or 255? Those types of players know how to get themselves in a position where they can use their speed and finesse to cut off and block an opposing player. Rabach doesn't have horrible technique, but he sure isn't a master by any stretch.

Overall, Rabach eats babies and wishes the Nazis won in WW2. The end.

no Dockery is not the answer. if you watched the tennesee game, Will Montgomery is the answer at center...

I always thought Edwin Williams was the answer at Center.

There are a bunch of vet players that will not be here next year. Rabach should be on that list, but there are not that many Oline, so maybe he actually stays on the 53 next year.

I am still scratching my head over Shanny keeping Parker and Johnson around all camp. And cutting his best young backs (his kind of guy) and having to risk losing them. Johnson especially, we keep him all along in camp and then cut him after 4 carries??

Rabach is going to get pitchforked and body slammed vs the Giants. I hope Kyle is smart enough to realize this and make some quick throws. Nevermind, we dont have a possession WR, nor do we have a QB that can throw the short ball accurately to our small WR's (see Moss have to jump to catch a simple slant). Ok lets roll out McNabb, move the pocket, do something. A no brainer would be to go shotgun/hurry up early and often, but I think Rabach sucks at shotgun snaps. None of our coaches like it. Why is that?? Rabach, I theorize.

Is he still calling our blitz pickup calls? I think its easy to see our blitz pickups have sucked Casey's entire tenure here.

Archived