Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Casey Rabach Must Go!!!

Touch of Class 17

• 4 weeks later...
I'm bumping this thread. Rabach needs to be benched. Slide Montgomery to Center and put Hicks/Heyer/Whoever at RG.

Any QB, RB, WR, TE, whoever, I don't care who it is, can't function if the pocket gets blown up in 0.8 seconds.

Glad to see this has been brought to life again....Watching Rabach on the field is like watching a Car accident happen mutliple times, not fun at all and someone always ends up hurt

I'm bumping this thread. Rabach needs to be benched. Slide Montgomery to Center and put Hicks/Heyer/Whoever at RG.

Any QB, RB, WR, TE, whoever, I don't care who it is, can't function if the pocket gets blown up in 0.8 seconds.

You know, sometimes I wonder if the coaches are just too close to it to realize when there is such an obvious problem like this. To me, it seems like a no-brainer.

I agree that the middle of the line is a major problem.

What will really get me is when the team refuses to address this in the offseason.

By the way, we risk serious injury to McNabb this week with the Giants' elite D Line and the weakness of our interior line. They run a couple of stunts with Tuck or Umenyiora up the middle and we're toast.

Completely agree.

Rabach starting is getting ridiculous. I can tell if we're going to win or lose before the game even starts, just from whether or not Rabach is starting.

i am still stunned that he and hicks were starting, even though I suspect neither was 100%.

The Giants are going to manhandle those two. It always takes Shanahan a few weeks longer than it should to cut the cord on a failed approach.

I am preparing for the worst since its December, and am realistically only hoping for change next year. Maybe they get blown up so bad in the first half that he makes a mid game change. Ha.

Rabach is going to get steamrolled this weekend. This game may be the final nail in his career with the Redskins.

That nail should've been when Monty came in and outperformed him drastically. But we can hope that its coming, either way.

And who do you suggest they replace him with?
I don't about the guy you asked, but I'll venture an answer: Mike Pouncey of Florida in the 2011 draft. Sure to be the Rimington trophy winner. Won't be there in the second round though. It's first round or nothing to get this guy, or wait until his rookie contact is over and then overpay for him. Otherwise, get a 5th or 6th rounder and do what the Skins always do: hope for the best from a late round pick on the OL.

Once the season is a write-off [when 8-8 is best that can be hoped for], bring in Cook off the practice squad and try out some new OL. But until then, Rabach is all they have.

That nail should've been when Monty came in and outperformed him drastically. But we can hope that its coming, either way.

Yep. It also baffles me how he got named a Team Captain by the teammates...maybe he's just an amazing lockerroom leader?

I like how we can cut him this offseason with no cap hit, but I really really wish he doesn't start till the end of the season. I want him gone in time for the Giants...otherwise it'll be another painful 3 hours.

The plan last week was for Rabach and Montgomery to split time, with Monty getting most of the time. However, when Hicks couldn't go after like 3 snaps, Monty spent the entire game at RG, and Rabach, who wasn't at all healthy, had to play the game at C.

Actually, even though he was getting beat like a drum, a pretty gritty performance. I still don't think he should have been on the opening day roster, but they guy does fight.

What I didn't understand is why they didn't just leave Heyer in at RG and Monty in at C. I know that Heyer hasn't played G at any level ever, but heck, beginner's luck?

This team took a HUGE hit when BMG (remember him, he was supposed to be the starting RG) had to miss the entire season for medical reasons.

I still think they've got to get Monty several games at C throughout the stretch to see if he's the answer, at C, or if they need somebody else going into the off season.

If you could find one more starter on the OL with somebody on the roster, that's one less starter they have to find. And I think that LG, C, RG and RT are all up for grabs. If you only have to find 3 starters outside the organization instead of 4, that's good, right?

Archived