Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TMNT Live Action Please!!

HRNY4ZRNY

If they were to remake Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles LIVE ACTION would you all go to see it?!?

I sure would! It could be in 3D and the merchandising would be nuts.

I can see it now... You get to pick which 3D goggles to want out of the 4 Turtles.

Jason Statham as Casey Jones.

jason-statham-shirtless-scarred.jpg

Anyone got ideas for April?

According to Wikipedia:

According to Deadline, Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon have brought Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form on to produce the next film that reboots the film series. Bay, Fuller and Form will produce with Galen Walker and Scott Mednick.

And that eliminates any chance that I see the movie.

I would be far more inclined to watch it were NOT live action. They already did a live action TMNT and it looks like this:

tmnt02.jpg

You see how horrible that is? They are friggin turtles that are ninjas... there is no way to make that cool in a live action format.

Also, the first ninja turtles movie was actually a very well done movie. There was real depth to the characters and they chose a much darker vibe than other comic book-turned-movies and it made it very engaging and entertaining. When shredder is talking to all the misfits and when he says, "you make us all Proud", you could feel the power in the words.

Maybe im over doing it but i ****ing love this movie. I will not watch a remake.

How old were you when you saw the first live action TMNT movie?

I'm sorry, but there is no way that any reasonable adult, seeing it for the first time, would ever think it's a good movie. Yes, it's a better made movie than 2 and 3, and yes I still look at it fondly for nostalgia reasons...but realistically, it is still a cornball movie chock full of embarrassing moments.

Interestingly, the costumes in the picture quoted above look pretty silly. I could have sworn the costumes in the first movie looked better. I wonder why the costumes got worse as the series went on? You'd think the technology would get better. But maybe they made the costumes cheaper/lighter-weight to make stunts easier.

Don't get me wrong. I still like the movie. I saw it when I was 8 and I was blown away. But let's be realistic--nostalgia aside, it's a silly movie. And the whole premise is silly anyway, which is why a live action movie would never work, no matter how "serious" and "dark" it is.

I don't know, another TMNT movie will probably be PG and suck. Now if they would make a movie that was rated R; that I would go see. I always wondered why no one died when leo used his swords when I was younger.

there used to be these comic books that was pretty graphic with TMNT. I can't remember the series name but that would be something, watching a TMNT movie with some gore in it.

Archived