Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Reed Doughty on getting hit by LaRon Landry

I_Bleed_B&G

my God the thread is about Laron. I feel bad for him always be compared to this falsely inflated rememberance of Sean Taylor. Laron Landry is Laron landry. you know who he hits like? Laron Landry. He plays much more like Palamalu than any former redskin star.
I agree with this quote to a degree. Sean is being mentioned in here more than LaRon.

I wonder how long it will take before there can be a thread about LaRon Landry without some of us feeling the need to compare his talents/success to Sean Taylor's. There will never be another Sean Taylor.

To this day it's hard for me to think of Sean's death let alone watch one of his highlight reels without getting choked up. I think of his family. I think of all of the excitement that he brought to our team. But I had to move on.

Just to be clear, I'm not coming down on anyone for mentioning Sean in here. I'm just saying that maybe LaRon is finally playing at a level to where now it's just him that we can discuss in a LaRon Landry thread.

Landry hits hard on every single play. This is what i missed watching most when i watched Sean. The hard intimidating hits. Thanks Laron for bringing that back to Washington. I love the way he plays, flying 100 MPH to the ball every time. He keeps playing this way, and Pro Bowl and Defensive MVP certainly arent out of the question (Although Matthews from the Packers is killing everyone in his sights right now...what does he have 6 sacks already? ridiculous.)

I just remember reading a story about how Laron always rights the words "Suicide Mission" on his chest before every game. That's exactly how he plays, he goes all out, full speed ahead every time. Throughout the years this has been some what of a liability but now it seems like Haslett's scheme is letting him really shine.

Never heard that before. Where did you read this?

It would make sense... he does play that way.

There are a few here that have said this whole time that all Landry needs is another defensive coordinator that will recognize and make better use of his talents.

Bravo.:applause:

I believe pretty much everyone agreed with this, however, the contention was that we had no other Free Safety on the roster (Kareem was still too raw and then got hurt when he started to get more playing time) and Landry was the best one to play that position for us. Imagine if we put him at SS in Blache's defense and had Doughty/Horton playing deep all the time. Yikes.

I love his intensity, but he should become a more versatile player. He' has no ball awareness what so ever. The ball is in the air and he's only looking for someone to hit whether it's an opposing player or someone on our team! He could have so many more interceptions or in Reed's case allow someone else to catch an interception..lol Seriously though, I think Doughty wouldn't have caught the interception anyway whether LaRon hit him or not. Reed is Landry Light. H's not a safety that can go after the ball.

Well, let's just stay positive and hope Laron will turn into something like Sean. I'm starting to see it. We really need Moore back over Doughty though to make this work

We don't want Landry to be a Sean Taylor, we need Laron to be his own person and be the starting SS. Sean was a FS Laron is not one he's better up at the line. We just need Laron and Kareem to be a good combo for us and be the guys we need to man down the position for a long time

my God the thread is about Laron. I feel bad for him always be compared to this falsely inflated rememberance of Sean Taylor. Laron Landry is Laron landry. you know who he hits like? Laron Landry. He plays much more like Palamalu than any former redskin star.

Did you read the posts before you wrote that?

This thread is about our safties.

The people before you were just imagining "what if..."

The only comparisons were in the length of time it took the players to develop.

The whole "can you imagine if ST were still alive" thought is so prevalent in the minds of so many. I read it on here and I've had a number of other people say it to me. It's sad on so many different levels. I think the best way we could remember the situation is to think, "look what ST taught 30". His legacy lives on. You're not going to find too many freak athletes like Sean. But I would hope our current secondary would always be reminded of and emulate the way this guy played and the way he got better with every game. If they do that, we're going to be OK.

I believe pretty much everyone agreed with this, however, the contention was that we had no other Free Safety on the roster (Kareem was still too raw and then got hurt when he started to get more playing time) and Landry was the best one to play that position for us. Imagine if we put him at SS in Blache's defense and had Doughty/Horton playing deep all the time. Yikes.
Sorry I don't agree. I remember not so long ago a good amount of fans that were calling for us to trade Landry because of the excessive celebrations after he'd make a tackle 20-30 yards down field, the bad angles that he took and the amount of times he would dive past ball carriers each game. It was only a small minority that maintain that Landry would thrive under a new coordinator.

BTW, I wasn't one of the "small minority". Lol!

Sorry I don't agree. I remember not so long ago a good amount of fans that were calling for us to trade Landry because of the excessive celebrations after he'd make a tackle 20-30 yards down field, the bad angles that he took and the amount of times he would dive past ball carriers each game. It was only a small minority that maintain that Landry would thrive under a new coordinator.

I also thought he had a bad attitude. Hes demeanor was very ****y and arrogant. I feel really bad about prejudging him. I read some of the articles from this past summer and he seems to say all the right things. He is a team player. I feel for opposing offenses who think they are going to come in here and run all over us.

I also thought he had a bad attitude. Hes demeanor was very ****y and arrogant. I feel really bad about prejudging him. I read some of the articles from this past summer and he seems to say all the right things. He is a team player. I feel for opposing offenses who think they are going to come in here and run all over us.
Yeah, I live right outside of Pihlly and all Eagles fans are talking about are Vick and Landry.:D

Archived