Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boardwalk Empire

Heisenberg

—did they show Mueller/Van Alden's wife getting with Eli earlier in the season?

Nobody is going to tell you, just have to watch ;)

And while the deputy sheriff Nucky flashbacks aren't nearly as annoying as the childhood flashbacks, they're still drawn out and pointless.

Agreed. I can see if this was the first season, okay cool show me how enuch became Nuck Thompson. But with only a few episodes left, I don't care at this point. Just give me as much Buscemi as possible!

I don't find the flashbacks pointless at all. Now we're going to see how Nucky delivered like a 13 year old to the Commodore and by the end she'll be giving birth to baby Jimmy, Something still happens with Nucky to put him over. That's what we're going to see.

It involves his wife, Mabel, I'm sure. She's not going to make it, as we know. He made a comment while touching her belly, "I know what I'm doing it for."

So I'm betting Nucky gets killed at the end of the series and I'm going to go out on a limb with a guess as to who does the honors...

I'll say it's Mickey Doyle's new sidekick. The one who meets Nucky for the first time at the end of this last episode.

And my guess as to why...

I'm thinking this is Jimmy Darmody's son, come back for revenge

So I'm betting Nucky gets killed at the end of the series and I'm going to go out on a limb with a guess as to who does the honors...

I'll say it's Mickey Doyle's new sidekick. The one who meets Nucky for the first time at the end of this last episode.

And my guess as to why...

I'm thinking this is Jimmy Darmody's son, come back for revenge

Interesting theory...but even w/ 7 years passing, I think there is still to big of a gap for his son to be 16.  Last we saw him, he couldn't be anymore than 5 or 6, right?  On top of it all, how would he know who his father's killer was?

The real life Enoch Johnson survived, but I think he was broke post-prohibition. Then again, the producers insist their Nucky is fictional, so anything can happen. Gretchen Moll's character is so annoying I think it would have been better if she had been killed by Gyp Rosetti. The question is, are they keeping her alive just to show that quack shrink's asylum, or will she escape and play a part in the finale.

They seem to be setting up Nucky to get offed in the finale... all these flashbacks are leading up to the death of his wife and unborn child and his first foray into evil... delivering the young Jillian Darmody to the Commodore. I imagine him submitting to a resigned death at the hands of person named above in spoiler text as pennance.

The rest of this has to be on the Nucky side of things. Right? With the people who recently died, the ledgers that the Feds now have, etc. We know where those stories go. Eli probably heads back to Nucky.

and they don't need to kill him in the end. Losing everything and living can be worse in some ways.

Consider the following-

Nucky has loved 4 women in his life:

Mabel -dead

His showgirl mistress -killed because of him

His Tampa Bay/Cuba lover -dead because of him

His estranged wife now coming back into the picture just when the series is about to end.....hmmm.

Also, remember that the writers made a point of Nucky convincing Kennedy he wanted to "leave something behind" and he subsequently tells Margeret he believed if he could just rescue her his life would have merit.

Living to see her killed because of his actions would be the biggest tragedy.

Yeah, me too! Love the actor that plays him though. Big Redskins fan, and is always fantastic in everything he's in-who else could go from Muddy Waters to Felix Lighter to Dr. Narcisse.

Yup!  Dude went to St. Albans.  he's such a good character actor, he really gets into his roles. 

In my opinion, i'd go as far as to say he's one of the best supporting actors of the last 15 years.  he's SO money.

Archived