Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are we putting too much stock into how much Kareem Moore will upgrade the secondary?

NoCalMike

makes you miss ST. Imagine him paired with laron landry and the game he played today.

Now why'd you go and have to say this :(

I have to admit when AJ caught that jump ball in the endzone, I did think to myself "No way Sean would have lost that battle". With the way Landry is playing now... Every game would be a body bag game.

Despite our secondary not being the best, IMO our DL is the problem.

DT on the DL is not putting enough jam in the middle to allow blitzes to get in FAST.

With FAST blitzing, we can have a mediocre secondary. Problem is, with a bad DL and average secondary, we can't do anything.

The scheme is good, we don't have the right personell.

Bring Moore on, I am ready to see our defense at full strength. I feel like Doughty will never make game changing plays for us, while Moore has that potential.

To be fair to Reed, he would have had a pick yesterday if he didn't get lit up by Landry.

I am with you. In the pre-season, he didn't look as good as advertised. HOWEVER, he is still better than Doughty. If he was in, we win this game today.

But next years draft, we have to draft a FS with one of our top picks. Matter of fact we should draft WR,FS,and RB in that order.

Agreed; remember, this is the SAME Kareem Moore who had an int stripped from him against the Saints last year due to not using his head, and getting turned more than a hambuger on a grill, so for me the jury's gonna take a recess until I see him backing up what I keep reading on this board...

You still gotta come down with the ball and that's where a smaller player can make the play.

To be fair, once AJ secured the ball, he switched it to his right side, away from Reed who was on his left side, while in mid-air! not easy, but I hate the fact he was put in that position in the first place, someone else should have been down there

I have a feeling that he will be a MAJOR upgrade with the secondary. There is something to be said about a guy who has the "range" and hitting ability he has. I think a lot of those passes where Doughty is there in time to tackle a player are passes Moore breaks up or better. It seemed like they were picking on Doughty a lot of the time to me.

Both Shanahan and Haslett were singing the praises of Kareem Moore in preseason and training camp--his speed and cover skills are sorely missed right now as evidenced by what Andre Johnson did to Doughty and Co. yesterday. A healthy Moore will make the back end of the zone defense much tighter. He clearly is a major upgrade over what the "Skins have in the lineup right now and his return will make the entire defense better as opposing QB's won't have guys running open deep as targets and instead will be forced to look around more for other targets which should allow the rest of the defense to make plays.

How many games has the guy played in? I love the fact he is our only strong on the roster, but he is very inexperienced. Sadly, he always seemed to get injured the only times I saw him making plays. He gets high praise from everyone but I have yet to see any on field results from him.

no, because Moore as the footspeed and cover skills to stay with guys down the field.

that doesn't mean he's going to stop a 6'3 receiver catch the ball on a alley-oop in the back of the end zone, but he won't be so much of any easy target as Reed Doughty has been.

Doughty was targeted by the Cowboys and Texans in consecutive weeks for a reason.

When you look at the Redskins back seven, who is the weak link?

Doughty.

Archived