Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins still in good position for playoffs

CRogersGuy

Think about it guys:

NFC East:

Redskins 1-1 (1-0 in division)

Eagles 1-1 (0-0 in division)

Giants 1-0 (0-0 in division, possible loss to Colts tonight)

Cowboys 0-2(0-1 in division, have looked awful)

I was as pessimistic as anyone going into this season but I'm actually feeling better about our season after today.

Eagles look good with Vick, but terrible Kolb will be starting again.

Cowboys look terrible.

Giants may be good, we'll have to wait and see.

Texans are a really good team guys. Top 5 in the NFL for sure.

The point I'm trying to make is that we're looking like the best team in the East. I'm not trying to get a playoff run thread going. Wow.

EDIT: Can a mod just delete/lock/edit the title of this thread when they see it please? It seems people don't want to read anything more than the title before replying after a tough loss.

Since 1990:

* Teams that have started 2-0 have made the playoffs 64.1 percent of the time (107 of 167).

* Teams that have started 1-1 have made the playoffs 40.7 percent of the time (111 of 273).

* Teams that have started 0-2 have made the playoffs 13.0 percent of the time (22 of 169).

We are not looking too good if Trent Williams, Laron Landry, Clinton Portis have serious injuries.

Substituting Stephon Heyer, Chris Horton and Larry Johnson for Williams, Landry and Portis takes a GULF of talent off the field for Washington heading into the Rams' game.

We are not looking too good if Trent Williams, Laron Landry, Clinton Portis have serious injuries.

Substituting Stephon Heyer, Chris Horton and Larry Johnson for Williams, Landry and Portis takes a GULF of talent off the field for Washington heading into the Rams' game.

Laron could still play even with a hand injury depending on the severity, right?

Week 2 and someone is already talking about playoffs. Wow.

I guess if you look at it that way, this thread is premature.

What I took out of this is how the Skins are doing compared to the rest of the division. Which is a legitimate discussion, even now.

EDIT: The OP just confirmed what I thought.

I guess if you look at it that way, this thread is premature.

What I took out of this is how the Skins are doing compared to the rest of the division. Which is a legitimate discussion, even now.

EDIT: The OP just confirmed what I thought.

Thank you. People need to calm down a bit. I'm not trying to get a playoff debate started already.

Archived