Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Special Thought: Bid Farewell to Bidwell

Rocky52Mc

We need an upgrade now!

Well, technically speaking, we always need an upgrade at any time for any thing. If it's possible, it will be done.

An upgrade by definition is always good. Upgraded QB, Upgraded receivers, Upgraded blah blah blah, Upgrade coach, Upgrade secondary.

If an upgrade can be had for *anything*, we need it now.

Bidwell had a subpar game but he did well on the punts when they counted the most early and late in the game, mid game he had a hiccup but he was solid. we need to not just dump players after one game, get real this isn't madden franchise

So he either needs to wake the **** up and get real or get cut. Sunday night football and you **** up a snap which takes away 3 points from us, which technically gives us the win.

Two people have a really good chance at getting cut because they're liabilities. Alex Barron and Josh Bidwell.

Do you see how much 3 points can affect us? If we lose, you're screaming for his head.

He scored negative 3 points, and had a terrible punt that I believe led to an eventual TD drive. Aside from Byron Westbrooks great 1 yard touch, he SUCKED.

So, here's the THREE punts the ****ed us (not counting the muffed hold), since no-one else seems to have noticed :

J.Bidwell punts 27 yards to WAS 34

J.Bidwell punts 35 yards to DAL 18

J.Bidwell punts 36 yards to DAL 33

A little premature OP. I believe Bidwell will bounce back next week, and if he continues to make bad plays, then maybe you think of replacing him

No, let's not wait until he costs us a game or 2.

Let's heed the warning signs and consider ourselves lucky he hasn't already cost a game.

They didn't bring back Hunter because they wanted to save money.
I've finally come to grips with the loss of the Red Snapper. The new guy is younger, cheaper, and apparently pretty accurate. I've moved along now...

Since when is this team known for saving money? Especially during an uncapped season on punters and long snappers! You know those guys make less than $500,000 a year, yet we'll guarantee Haynesworth $41 million and keep him on the roster.

As far as Albright's replacement being younger, cheaper and pretty accurate, long snappers can play into their 40s, cost nothing to begin with (relatively speaking), and Albright was a Pro Bowler who didn't show any signs of depreciation.

So he either needs to wake the **** up and get real or get cut. Sunday night football and you **** up a snap which takes away 3 points from us, which technically gives us the win.

Two people have a really good chance at getting cut because they're liabilities. Alex Barron and Josh Bidwell.

Do you see how much 3 points can affect us? If we lose, you're screaming for his head.

I salute your point, but we had much more problems with our pass rush and coverage. I wouldn't put a loss solely on Bidwell, but our lack of getting in the endzone is where it starts. He needs to wake up just like everybody else, but I wouldn't go cutting people after a W thats for sure

I salute your point, but we had much more problems with our pass rush and coverage. I wouldn't put a loss solely on Bidwell, but our lack of getting in the endzone is where it starts. He needs to wake up just like everybody else, but I wouldn't go cutting people after a W thats for sure

If anything though, I believe cutting him after a win proves a damn good point. We can easily replace him as the punter. We would not miss him there for one. It's week one against our hated rivals and that **** happens. He didn't just have one bad play, he had quite a few. I'm not saying that bad play in one week deserves a cut. But when you play such a specific role and you're supposed to be a master and expert and a veteran at:

1. Holding

2. Punting

and you not only **** up your actual job description "Punter" but you screw up your secondary role. At which you say, why is this single player handling two roles on this team when he can't do his damn job well in prime time, when games count, when our records fresh, against the Dallas ***** ass Cowboys. If this turned out like the Saints game I would have **** myself and tried to get in touch with the FO to suggest it ASAP. Wins are wins, and we NEEDED this tonight as a franchise and a fan base. We needed to get back on track in front of ourselves, and the whole universe. And if we didn't and we lose by 1 point, I say **** Josh Bidwell. And if we won tonight, I say cut his ass.

That's my personal opinion but I think we need to take special teams more seriously. Especially considering how this team has been the past many many years. Skins are usually always in it, and it takes just one mistake to let that other team leap frog the **** out of you.

Archived