Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wp:Albert Haynesworth practices mostly with scout team(Jason Reid doesn't get the message)

x96bryan10

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/albert-haynesworth/pro-bowl-defensive-lineman-alb.html

It is highly unusual for a player of Haynesworth's caliber to practice with the scout team as the season is about to begin. Cooley's comments confirm that the Redskins are handling Haynesworth, who was the subject of trade reports against this week, atypically.

A team source said the Redskins have used starters, second-stringers and third-stringers on the scout team this week. Shanahan, the source said, utilizes as many players as possible in practice, especially because the Redskins do not have any defensive linemen on their practice squad. Haynesworth is one of seven defensive linemen on the 53-man roster.

After receiving few practice reps on Saturday and Monday, Haynesworth on Wednesday began working with the scout team, multiple team sources said. In fact, he has performed so well in the role against Washington's first-team offensive line that Coach Mike Shanahan and defensive coordinator Jim Haslett have congratulated him in front of teammates.(That may not portend well for the offensive line against Dallas's star pass rusher, DeMarcus Ware).

Cooley did not mention that while the bulk of Haynesworth's reps have come with the scout team, he also has received practice reps in the team's nickel packages. In addition to working with the scout team Wednesday and Thursday, Haynesworth, the team's top pass-rushing defensive lineman, was part of nickel packages Wednesday and Thursday.

...............CLick link for rest of article

Twice this week Mike Shanahan has said in press conferences that our local reporters were to stop reporting whose playing and what packages due to the competitive advantage it gives other teams. Safe to say this guy is probably one of the reporters Mike scolded about writing articles like this. If not i expect him to say something to him soon. I really don't care where Haynesworth is playing during practice if he's on the field on sunday then great if not then there will be a reason for it. Move on already.

There was a follow up posted in one of the other threads that the skins only have 7 Dlinemen and none on the practice squad so it's no surprise that they're using several 1st teamers on the scout team.

Which only reaffirms by belief that he is an idiot and only stirring the pot.

Not to mention the fact that in this very same "blog" he mentions that Shanny uses 1st, 2nd and 3rd stringers on the scout defense. meaning Haynesworth isn't the only high profile player getting reps with the scout team. Why isn't that getting reported as unusual???

lol good catch with that. so maybe even orakpo, fletcher, daniels, etc. have been playing scout team this week

I just think Reid's oblivious. The fact that Al's taken reps in the packages he was rumored to be used in, and the fact that he's played NT, the OTHER position he's been used for, pretty much tells me he's going to be used at NT and DE on nickel situations. What a ******* revelation!

I actually am really happy about the fact that Haynesworth has thrown himself into his responsibilities against the 1st teamers. It will help him look better in front of the coaches (as is evidenced by their congratulating him publicly) and it will help our OL because, though Reid thinks it mean our OL is going to look bad against the Dallas DL, the Dallas DL doesn't have ANYONE on their line that can dominate like AH (if he's trying, which it sounds like he is, during practice anyway).

I know JReid was trying to make all that sound negative, but I actually thought all of that stuff was promising stuff.

I just think Reid's oblivious. The fact that Al's taken reps in the packages he was rumored to be used in, and the fact that he's played NT, the OTHER position he's been used for, pretty much tells me he's going tpo be used at NT and DE on nickel situations. What a ******* revelation!

I actually am really happy about the fact that Haynesworth has thrown himself into his responsibilities against the 1st teamers. It will help him look better in front of the coaches (as is evidenced by their congratulating him publicly) and it will help our OL because, though Reid thinks it mean our OL is going to look bad against the Dallas DL, the Dallas DL doesn't have ANYONE on their line that can dominate like AH (if he's trying, which it sounds like he is, during practice anyway).

I know JReid was trying to make all that sound negative, but I actually thought all of that stuff was promising stuff.

Actually, Ratliff is a stud DL for the pukes and can dominate just as much, if not more, than AH can at the NT position

Here's a question: Why do we even let reporters watch practice? Why even open it to the media?

League Rules is why.

Though it's going to be funny as :pooh: if Shanny just has the team do warm ups for the 20 minutes that media allowed to watch practice.:ols:

Actually, Ratliff is a stud DL for the pukes and can dominate just as much, if not more, than AH can at the NT position

If Ratliff ever get's CLOSE to winning an NFL Defensive Player of the Year award (let alone being the best defensive player on his own team), then I'll stop laughing at that comment.

Ratliff is good, he's not a focused, determined, AH.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/albert-haynesworth/pro-bowl-defensive-lineman-alb.html......

It is highly unusual for a player of Haynesworth's caliber to practice with the scout team as the season is about to begin. Cooley's comments confirm that the Redskins are handling Haynesworth, who was the subject of trade reports against this week, atypically

Can we officially put Jason Reid on the idiot list?

Redskins Insider RedskinsInsider

Shanahan said he had conversation Cooley. Said he uses starters on scout team, and it's not unusual that he'd use Haynesworth 1 minute ago via mobile web

Translation: Shanny called me a friggin' idiot. :ols:

Archived