Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Waiver Wire Thread,( AKA: Should we Sign......?)

Son of Gadsden

I am surprised the Redskins did not make a move for veteran OT Adam Terry.

Heyer is nothing but a stalking horse at OT. We all know Hicks is the real insurance policy behind Williams and Brown.

Inside Will Montgomery is not big enough to play guard. He is a natural center and now we have two centers in Lichtensteiger and Montgomery that are supposed to cover OG as well? :)

I am surprised the Redskins did not make a move for veteran OT Adam Terry.

Heyer is nothing but a stalking horse at OT. We all know Hicks is the real insurance policy behind Williams and Brown.

Inside Will Montgomery is not big enough to play guard. He is a natural center and now we have two centers in Lichtensteiger and Montgomery that are supposed to cover OG as well? :)

Terry, by all reports, has lost a considerable amount of mobility and is a detriment in pass protection. If you can't move, then you're less than useful in a ZBS. Analogy to Terry would be Jansen the year after he left the Skins.

If we weren't at least interested in TJ or VJAX and we are fine at WR, and Haynesworth did a good job against the Cardinals than I will admit that 35 years of watching the Redskins field successful and unsuccessful teams has taught me nothing :)

Does anyone think Shanahan may be shading things a bit to boost the confidence of the receivers now on the roster for the Dallas game and admitting that we need Haynesworth on the field for that game as well?

If we weren't at least interested in TJ or VJAX and we are fine at WR, and Haynesworth did a good job against the Cardinals than I will admit that 35 years of watching the Redskins field successful and unsuccessful teams has taught me nothing :)

Does anyone think Shanahan may be shading things a bit to boost the confidence of the receivers now on the roster for the Dallas game and admitting that we need Haynesworth on the field for that game as well?

I don't think that it was ever a question of IF Haynesworth would play, but how much could Shanahan work him into shape in order that he could play considerable time at RDE.

If the WR corps stink up the place and are the teams achilles heel, there's always the chance that the team makes the move for Jackson and makes a compromise deal with the Chargers.

Hartwig blows. He wasn't injured at all with the Steelers.

Terrible in pass pro and run blocking. Other than that, he's a terrific center!

Other than the groin injury he was still recovering from when the team signed him, and the shoulder surgery he had this offseason, Hartwig wasn't injured at all with the Steelers.

For what it's worth, though, you're right. Hartwig is pretty bad. Plus he still looked injured during the preseason. Plus he's pretty slow, so I'm not sure he'd be much good in the Zone Blocking Scheme.

I'm curious what this business is about Adam Terry being slow. As far as I could remember, he was a naturally talented guy with good feet and mobility. Did he blow out a knee or something?

Patrick Turner-WR-Jets Sep. 7 - 6:06 pm et

Jets waived WR Patrick Turner.

Turner was just claimed from the Dolphins two days ago. Perhaps the Jets were just pumping him for information with a matchup at Miami in Week 3. Turner's release leaves the Jets with just three receivers on the 53-man roster.

Source: Rich Cimini on Twitter

Other than the groin injury he was still recovering from when the team signed him, and the shoulder surgery he had this offseason, Hartwig wasn't injured at all with the Steelers.

For what it's worth, though, you're right. Hartwig is pretty bad. Plus he still looked injured during the preseason. Plus he's pretty slow, so I'm not sure he'd be much good in the Zone Blocking Scheme.

My bad....didn't know about the shoulder surgery. The groin injury was 2006 when he was with the Panthers. He started 15 games for them in 2007.

Unfortunately, he started every game for the Steelers these past 2 years. This year the rookie Pouncey made him look like total crap. And he didn't want to be a backup for us. He's not a deserving starter anymore, if he ever was.

The Steelers don't sign many free agents. They don't make splashy trades.

But they DO evaluate their talent very well.

Usually, when Pittsburgh gets rid of a veteran player, he is done.

I think we learned a lesson with the ARE signing.

He was a limited player and Cowher and the Steelers knew that.

He had some value but not $30M over 6 years worth :)

Hartwig at 32 is done. At least as a starter.

We need DB help, and Bly might be better than Banks, Buchanon, or Westbrook.

As I recall, Bly was considered 'top-tier' at one time -- and didn't he have a bigtime contract? I'd be very curious why he was cut, and how much he'd cost the Skins to sign.

We need DB help, and Bly might be better than Banks, Buchanon, or Westbrook.

As I recall, Bly was considered 'top-tier' at one time -- and didn't he have a bigtime contract? I'd be very curious why he was cut, and how much he'd cost the Skins to sign.

So was Adam Archuleta and Deion Sanders...

Archived