Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BAlt Sun: John Harbaugh Kick-off BBQ Comments (redskins related)

x96bryan10

When I checked the score, first-team versus first-team was 3-3. 10-3 if you want to include the fake punt trickeration. Yeah, we should have been ready for that. We just didn't realize that the Ratbirds vewed this as their Super Duper Pooper Bowl.

Right and if Davis catches that pass in the end zone it's 7-3 us. Far from being run over.

I'm not one to overreact at most preseason stuff, but this is pretty weak. I wasn't mad at the fake punt like I saw a bunch of people on here calling it "classless".

But to hear a coach show any kind of excitement for a preseason win is just weak. And for it to be against my Skins, that's just lame.

This doesn't mean Harbaugh is a bad guy, but it does kinda indicate something.

I think Baltimore is like the LSU of the NFL, nobody's #1 rival so they go around trying to start stuff to build up their games while others enjoy great #1 rivalries (us/Cowgirls obviously) and even down to #2 & #3 (Giants, Eagles).

So the Ravens' fans are best ignored. They are just trying to build some sort of rivalry, and its best if we don't fall for the trap and let them into #4/#5 category.

EDIT - By the way, if you ever wanna get under an LSU fans' skin, just remind them that their big rival is TULANE. :D

Well, 23-3 is running over the other team. Yeah, pre-season doesn't matter (not that he couldn't reference the last real game between the two) but it is countdown to kick-off so what else is he supposed to talk about? Practice?

The real question is why is a minute long video about the Ravens coach talking to Ravens fans in the Ravens stadium important to you guys?

Right your 2nd/3rd string ran over our 2nd/3rd string. Great measuring stick there! Let me guess, you were one of those guys who used be the tough guy in the school yard saying "My dad can beat up your dad!" What matters is McNabb went right down the field on your so-called "amazing" defense and if not for a drop would have an easy 7 on your team.

Well, 23-3 is running over the other team. Yeah, pre-season doesn't matter (not that he couldn't reference the last real game between the two) but it is countdown to kick-off so what else is he supposed to talk about? Practice?

The real question is why is a minute long video about the Ravens coach talking to Ravens fans in the Ravens stadium important to you guys?

Anybody see the irony here?

Look at the amount of posts this Ravens fan has on a Redskins forum.

You live in Sterling bro...quit pretending to be a Ravens fan...Cal's streak ended a long time ago.

:ols:

Anybody see the irony here?

Look at the amount of posts this Ravens fan has on a Redskins forum.

Beat me to it.

I didn't care about the fake punt, I mean it's preseason, try out whatever.

To brag about it after McNabb threw for over 200 yards in the first half with a bunch of dropped passes is kind of laughable. The Ravens first team pass defense was being shredded badly. They did however look really solid on run defense.

Eh, it's whatever. His opinion about a preseason game means nothing to us.

I don't care about defensive systems and evaluating guys.

When you are in a preseason game and you have one team that is blitzing second and third team OL and then congratulating yourself on your success, it is a mirage.

The Ravens game planned for the Redskins game, fine, they evidently wanted to win the game badly.

But seeing Trent Williams out there on Suggs with no help from the TE or a back chipping to the outside tells me the Redskins were simply getting him experience and they weren't concerned with the final score.

But let's not allow that to stop the Ravens' fans from whooping it up that they dominated all the matchups and won easily :)

Because that Ravens coach talking to Ravens fans in the Ravens stadium said something idiotic about OUR REDSKINS. :rolleyes:

Did you seriously ask that? :ols:

The thing that confuses me the most (and I am not dogging Darklight), how can you become a fan of the Ravens (unless you are a previous Browns fan), Jags, or Panthers? I can understand the Browns in the sense that they existed prior to "99. Who were you a fan of prior to "the switch"? How can you just switch at all?

It's pretty pathetic a coach of an NFL team brags about winning a preseason game. Congrats. Your starters didn't play any better than ours. Your backups played better than our backups. Would you like a ****ing cookie, Ratbird King?

yup, the coach taking on the character of the fans quite well..

Let's just imagine the game went the other way, and it was us who didn't do much but ended up winning a preseason game 23-3. I wonder what Shanahan would've said? No, actually, I don't... he would've said pretty much exactly what he said with the way it ended up in reality, same thing he said after the Buffalo game, that we did well in some areas but got some things to work on and build upon.

Yeah, that's what a head coach should be saying during preseason. ;)

I don't know guys. He said that because there seems to be some type of mini rivalry between the two regions so he said that to get the crowd fired up. Plus you guys are sounding a little like Cowboy fans. Forget history and forget who is getting the most attention. The Ravens are a good football team right now. We can only pray our 3-4 can match their 3-4 so just give credit where credit is due.

Plus can't believe people are calling that fake punt "classless". I mean HB Blades was there to make the tackle and clearly got juked so it was more of bad tackling than trickery.

The real question is why the hell are you always here? jeeze. It's a Skins board look around.

Why don't you be real about it...first team to first team what did the Ravens really do? everyone is picking you guys to go to the superbowl this year...frankly I wasn't impressed. We were 4-12 last season remember?

Archived