Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BAlt Sun: John Harbaugh Kick-off BBQ Comments (redskins related)

x96bryan10

The real question is why the hell are you always here? jeeze. It's a Skins board look around.

Why don't you be real about it...first team to first team what did the Ravens really do? everyone is picking you guys to go to the superbowl this year...frankly I wasn't impressed. We were 4-12 last season remember?

Because her daddy is a Redskins fan and she was raised in Redskins country and she thinks it's okay to degrade the Redskins fans and teams because she thinks it doesn't matter to people on this board.

She spends a lot of time here not realizing there is a high percentage of fans that she is insulting with this nonsense. :evilg:

We'll see how the Ravens do this year. Other than the Browns, their division is stacked and it is hardly a done deal that they will even make the playoffs much less the SB. I'm not saying that the Ravens aren't a good team and I'm not saying they're not better than the Redskins right now, but I think the AFC North is going to be fun to watch this year.

As far as them rolling all over us, their twos are better than ours twos. Their threes are better than ours. But our ones played well and left much on the field in six dropped balls in the first half. Until Zorn decided to bust out the only thing he was ever good at here - the trick play, it was a pretty even game even with those drops. If anything this game shows that despite their injuries, the Ravens are far deeper in terms of talent than the Redskins. But compared to years past, we still did alright. Normally they truly kick the crap out of us in the preseason / scrimmage. It's my annual preseason panic game.

What bothered me the most was that after that Zorn play, it looked like some guys mentally checked out. It was like they said, "oh ****, we're out of our comfort zone." and didn't adapt. That has been a problem with this team for a few years. We would get into a game and the opponent would do something we didn't expect and the route was on. Hopefully Shanahan will correct that mental aspect of the game, and if he can't then Bruce will find some players who can adapt. You can't go far in this game if you don't adjust to getting punched in the mouth.

Its sad when a head coach doesnt know how meaningless a pre season game is. Even sadder when he doesnt realize that his first team didnt do anything. I know hes just trying to hype the fans up, but come on. You certainly didnt hear Shannahan take that approach when we merked the Bills.

The Ravens played the pre-season game with the intensity and game planning of a play-off game and the Redskins played the game in a glorified scrimmage mode. Orapko could not have been held more if here were dancing with his blocker.

Baltimore will always be Washington's bi*ch because Washington cares zero about Baltimore and Baltimore is always trying to upstage Washington and, to me, Baltimore just looks foolish.

If it wasn't for that stupid fake punt, we would have dominated the first half, which is what really matters in preseason games...

Don't forget that the Ratbirds also brought their own refs. 'Rak was mugged on every single play and they never called it!

Looked to me like the Skins moved the ball much more effectively... missed several opportunities. Anyone want to remind this guy that its preseason? By the way their biggest play was a fake punt.

Exactly. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. :doh: By the way, great sig. :drooley:

The only time I ever care about the Ravens is when I'm forced to miss more entertaining Colts, Chargers, Steelers, and Patriots games on channel 4 because one of the Ravens borefest games is being televised instead.

Other than that they may as well be an AFL team. They matter about as much.

Obviously this win mean so much to the Ravens organization and the coach. I saw how they threw the challenge flags out to contest everytime a player farted. I am glad for them. They should cherish the win(or polish the terd). Have you heard the new Ravens fight song, sounds like a multicar pile up(wow what a great beat). We dont waste our time with trash teams like that we have OUR team to evaluate.

The fact you even know we have a new fight song is telling :cool:

The fact you even know we have a new fight song is telling :cool:
Yeah.. ho hum.. I listen to 98 rock usually in the morning as I have for the past 20 years. Yes it has become a Ravens radio station since which is fine, but im not going to stop listening to them, like the show regardless. Born in DC, grew up in PG county. Grew up a Skins fan and an O's fan for 27 years and always will be. I live about 8 miles south of Baltimore. Never had a problem with Ravens fans until late, seem to have this show you up tude and think theres some imaginary rivalry(guess that may be part of the reason for their new and to be honest horrible sounding fight song, not knocking the team but that is just plain terrible, sounds like there about 100 crash symbols going off at once, the beat is inconsistant, and the lyrics wow big eye opener there, R A V E N S ravens, really original there). Our song has talent in every musical aspect, and history.. you cant touch it or even come close.

Wait the ravens have a marching band? Where did I see that before?......................OH Yeah........POSERS!
Yeah the left over colts marching band, which originally had a ok song but certainly was not something unforgetable, it was lack luster bordering lame o pretty much. So they have them... along with the 101 crash symboleers put together this collage of crap.

Yeah the left over colts marching band, which originally had a ok song but certainly was not something unforgetable, it was lack luster bordering lame o pretty much. So they have them... along with the 101 crash symboleers put together this collage of crap.

I don't knnow about you but I for one LOVE puple Camo:ols:

1) Doing a fake punt in preseason isn't classless. You'll see more fake punts, field goals and onsides kicks in preseason because there is less risk. I had no problem with it. Blades should have stopped it.

2) Darklight126 is a GIRL. Not a guy.

3) The gatorade bath to Zorn was douchy.

4) Harbaugh crowing about a win against a 4-12 team who they play once every four years and once a year in the preseason is douchy also.

5) The Colts are given credit for having the first official marching band in the NFL. I always thought we did.

When I was watching the game, I remember feeling pretty good about how are 1st string was playing.

The momentum changed after they ran the fake punt - in which our first string was only out there for a few more series.

It went down hill from there, there 2nd and 3rd teamers beat up our 2nd and 3rd teamers.

That being said, I think the local media would have been ALL OVER the redskins, had they ran a fake punt in the preseason.

1) Doing a fake punt in preseason isn't classless. You'll see more fake punts, field goals and onsides kicks in preseason because there is less risk. I had no problem with it. Blades should have stopped it.

2) Darklight126 is a GIRL. Not a guy.

3) The gatorade bath to Zorn was douchy.

4) Harbaugh crowing about a win against a 4-12 team who they play once every four years and once a year in the preseason is douchy also.

5) The Colts are given credit for having the first official marching band in the NFL. I always thought we did.

They did have the first marching band. We have the oldest CONTINUAL marching band in DC as the colts / ravens (same band, they stayed together) band wasn't in the league from 1984-1996.

Again I say that Baltimore would be an awesome place if it would get over its insecurity about DC. I get that JKC was a douche about the Ravens, but let's not kid ourselves here thinking that is the root of this. The fact is that Baltimore has always looked at DC with contempt. Being that my parents are from Baltimore, I have a lifetime of experience with their respective families and their insecurity towards our nation's capital. My mother's side of the family is descended from Thomas Stone and have been Marylanders since before the Revolution. They were far more vociferous with their hatred for DC than my father's side which was only two generations in from immigrating from Germany. The only conclussion that I can draw from this is that this hatred for DC has been around far longer than JKC's attempt to block the Ravens existance. Personally I think it started when George Washington picked a marshland in between the Potomac and Anacosta to be the place where the new capital would stand - Washington, DC. I think it festered even further during the civil war when much of Maryland sided with the confederacy while the state officially was labeled a border state due to pressure from DC. There was an incident where a regiment from Mass. was accosted in Baltimore on their way to DC. The eastern part of Maryland was for the confederacy with the western part for the Union. Again, Baltimore felt as though DC was going against their will. When you really look at it, Baltimore has hated DC as long as it has existed. They can go ahead and say it's JKC or the fact the Redskins play in Maryland. But the reality is this, historically Baltimore has always suffered from a massive inferiority complex when it comes to the city to the south that runs the free world. It's sad because personally I love Baltimore and the state of Maryland. It is sad to see a place so consumed with hate that they can't see how awesome the DC / Baltimore metro area is. The two cities complement eachother perfectly. Yet it seems that we keep hearing the same "4skins" jokes or we keep hearing the same played out reasons why Baltimore is superior to every city on the face of the earth especially DC. But really all that they are doing is making their city look small time. Do people in Le Havre talk **** about Paris? Do people in St. Petersburg talk **** about Moscow? Are there people in Amsterdam talking **** about the Hague? As much love as I have for Baltimore, their perennial small penis syndrome about the district is old and played out. The fact that Harbaugh caters to their ignorance and hatred is not surprising. Whatever gets the dumbed down masses excited, right? But remember, Raven fans, at the end of the day you still live in Baltimore.

Anonymous, I definitely agree with this. Being an Orioles fan and a Maryland lover, it was hard for me to come to terms with the reality that people from Baltimore resent us. I always enjoyed visiting the city when I was little, going to the inner harbor and Camden Yards ever since it first opened. Not to mention, my mom is from Baltimore (well, Joppatowne) and my dad worked for the O's and has am '83 world series ring.

I understood the true nature of Baltimore folk during my first week at Towson University, and have been annoyed ever since. I love the city, not too fond of their fans. There are some here and there who aren't so in your face about it, which I appreciate more since the contrast with the rest of them is so great.

Archived