Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DMN:`Tired' Cowboys back in shoulder pads

tr1

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/08/tired-cowboys-back-in-shoulder.html

The Dallas Cowboys worked in in shoulder pads for the first time in six days during the afternoon practice on Tuesday.

Coach Wade Phillips said his club is mentally and physically tired and likely will be that way for Saturday's exhibition at Houston. That is the way Phillips wants it. Unlike many teams, the Cowboys remain in training-camp mode.

``That's part of getting ready for the season,'' Phillips said of the fatigue factor. ``It's necessary to get the tired and working through it. We've got things we need to work on fundamentally.''

This does concern me. My Freshman team has been hitting since camp opened, with only one day off. Those are 14 year olds, we are talking pro athletes, they should be going full force 75% of the time, to be out of contact for 6 days does not make me happy. But im not a pro coach, so maybe i have no idea what im talking about, but as a fan...I dont like it :mad:

The Hall of Fame game is rather unfair to those chosen to play in it.

~Bang

It would really be better to have the preseason like the regular season I think. Have the HOF game start a couple of days earlier like on a Thursday/Friday, then the rest start on Saturday. And make them all play four games only. Seems to make the most sense to me.

This does concern me. My Freshman team has been hitting since camp opened, with only one day off. Those are 14 year olds, we are talking pro athletes, they should be going full force 75% of the time, to be out of contact for 6 days does not make me happy. But im not a pro coach, so maybe i have no idea what im talking about, but as a fan...I dont like it :mad:

You coach Sasser? Actually I guess their are a lot of new schools up there since I left in 64. :ols:

It's not really the extra game that wears on players, it's the additional training camp days. Dallas was the first team to start training camp, one of the last to finish, and haven't had a single day off yet.

"Camp Cupcake" is sort of a misnomer, Jennifer Floyd Engel coined the term Wade's first year in Dallas because they weren't tackling, but the Cowboys have actually been some of the hardest worked players in training camp among any team.

I caught the DAL Vs SD replay this afternoon (Dallas' starting line looked very unimpressive) and the DAL play-by-play guys mentioned a couple times how hard the boys TC had been this year and some of the vets were complaining during the week....I don't know if we will have much of a competitive advantage with the boys gased but this is a real story and If Wade runs them into the ground it could only help the good guys.

It's not really the extra game that wears on players, it's the additional training camp days. Dallas was the first team to start training camp, one of the last to finish, and haven't had a single day off yet.

"Camp Cupcake" is sort of a misnomer, Jennifer Floyd Engel coined the term Wade's first year in Dallas because they weren't tackling, but the Cowboys have actually been some of the hardest worked players in training camp among any team.

Would you like some cheese to go with that wine?

Archived