Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Fanhouse: Mike Shanahan Not Taking Albert Haynesworth's Excuses (Merged)

spanishomelette

Was this really the case. This is the first I've heard of this.

It didn't seem that way to me. He look more disinterested than anything. I think he was angry that he was playing in the 3rd quarter. We saw a ton of winded Haynesworth last year and that wasn't it. I think he was dogging it and got pulled. He probably got chewed out for it at some point. That probably pissed him off and what lead to the idiotic comments after the game.

It's also a chess match with the Washington Post.

This was an exclusive for AOL Fanhouse / Thomas George (national correspondent). Shanahan did not speak to the media generally today, but did hold an interview with George. Rich Campbell says so here:

In tandem with the firing of Zack Bolno, this is a major power play by Shanahan against the Post and against anonymous leaks by Redskin officials, in my opinion. Leak to the press? Get fired. Use anonymous sources against the interest of the team? Find yourself in the cold as a journalist.

From a management perspective, this is riveting stuff. Shanahan is laying down the law. With Haynesworth, and by extension the team. With Zack Bolno, and extension all Redskins staff. With the Washington Post, and by extension, all of the media. I like it.

Right now, Shanahan is master of the universe. We've never seen such an effective management. The outcome may be uncertain, but the system and the rules will prevail without exceptions. The system and the rules are the necessary foundation for a successful franchise.

outstanding analysis ASF, thank you.

I don't see how Al loses this? I hate that we even have to deal with this dude. Smh...

What do you mean? If Al doesn't start toting the line once the regular season starts Al will be on the scout team and then deactivated on Sunday. Sure he still gets paid but his lagacy will be intact for a generation. That's a loss.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/17176/report-haynesworth-had-rhabdomyolysis

After watching this video I've come to the conclusion that it is entire possible that Shanny's conditioning test is what caused this. They keep saying it doesn't happen in well-conditioned athletes becuase they are used to that kind of strain. ALso it can happen in any muscle tissue. But a DT is not used to running 300yrds in sprints day after day. And I'm not lookingv to sympathize with AL but it would be slightly ironic.

1) I represent people (as an attorney not a physician mind you) who have been severely injured. MASSIVE trauma causes rhabdo. I have clients with multiple fractures and muscle tearing and if they are severely deconditioned then the breakdown of muscle tissue cannot be cleaned frmo the blood by the kidneys fast enough and it builds up in the blood. I have to say (and again, i am not a physician) I don't believe for a second AH has rhabdo from football practice. I certainly don't believe he had it on thursday and played NFL football in a game on Saturday. Not a chance. I don't believe that for even one second. BUT . . .

2) IF by some stretch of the imagination this guy developed rhabdomyelisis from doing 300 yard sprints twice in a 13 day period over a two weeks ago it would HAVE TO be because he was GROSSLY out of shape to begin camp.

Either way, there's just no concievable way that AH is right here. None. (and again, I am a fan - see the sig) - he's just plain ol' wrong. He needs to get his head out of his butt and play. Otherwise, Shanny should keep showing him who the boss of the this team is until they can find adequate trade value for him (which they won't until AH gets his head out of his butt). This is ALL on AH to stop acting like a child and start playing football for his 32 million. Ridiculous.

How is trading or cutting Haynesworth Shanahan's trump card?? That's exactly what AH wants, he'd be doing AH a favor. If he gets that and keeps the money, he'll have come out ahead.

Agreed. 92's trade value has never been lower, plus they need his talent on the DL this year. They should keep him for this year and do their best to at least give off the public image that he is getting along fine.

Play out the season, trade him for whatever you can get in the offseason, and draft or sign more DL that will cooperate with the team concept for the future.

What do you mean? If Al doesn't start toting the line once the regular season starts Al will be on the scout team and then deactivated on Sunday. Sure he still gets paid but his lagacy will be intact for a generation. That's a loss.

If he even cares about his legacy. He probably feels like let me go, I will go elsewhere and dominate again no big deal...

I would suspend Haynesworth without pay for actions detrimental to the team, also for filing false doctor evaluations and for showing up to training camp unprepared and out of shape...if his knees are that bad and he suffers from rhabdomyol...whatever.... it is because he is out of shape and should consider retirement.....Let him sit out a season after retiring and try to come back at a high level at his age. He will lose money. Enjoy the bench and the lack of practice, AH, you fat slob!

I would suspend Haynesworth without pay for actions detrimental to the team, also for filing false doctor evaluations and for showing up to training camp unprepared and out of shape...if his knees are that bad and he suffers from rhabdomyol...whatever.... it is because he is out of shape and should consider retirement.....Let him sit out a season after retiring and try to come back at a high level at his age. He will lose money. Enjoy the bench and the lack of practice, AH, you fat slob!
If Fat Boy doesn't straighten up by Opening Day, and IF we could actually do this, I would so like to see us do what you describe.

Archived