Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Fanhouse: Mike Shanahan Not Taking Albert Haynesworth's Excuses (Merged)

spanishomelette

Mike Shanahan Not Taking Albert Haynesworth's Excuses

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/08/22/mike-shanahan-not-taking-albert-haynesworths-excuses/

ASHBURN, Va. -- Albert Haynesworth had his say on Saturday night after the Washington Redskins 23-3 preseason loss to the Baltimore Ravens, informing all that the team was holding it against him that he did not participate in "their offseason program" and that the Redskins were underplaying his injuries in describing them only as headaches.

On Sunday afternoon, Redskins coach Mike Shanahan had his say.

"One thing for sure that is clear to me is that Albert has gotten away in the past with playing without practicing,'' Shanahan said. "That will not happen under this regime. If he's going to play, he's going to practice, and that is the same with every player here. The days of him playing without practicing are over. And that, to me, says it all.''

And as far as the condition that Haynesworth is reported to possibly have -- rhabdomyolysis -- that concerns muscle fiber damage? Shanahan said: "Not aware of that.''

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/08/22/mike-shanahan-not-taking-albert-haynesworths-excuses/

Mike Shanahan - "One thing for sure that is clear to me is that Albert has gotten away in the past with playing without practicing,'' Shanahan said. "That will not happen under this regime. If he's going to play, he's going to practice, and that is the same with every player here. The days of him playing without practicing are over. And that, to me, says it all.''

And as far as the condition that Haynesworth is reported to possibly have -- rhabdomyolysis -- that concerns muscle fiber damage? Shanahan said: "Not aware of that.''

Well, there you go.

6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.

Type in your profane word and let the filters do their job. Then check your post to see if the profanity was replaced with asterisks. Veiled or "subtle" attempts at using profanity are unacceptable. We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or none at all. For example "****" and "#&*%$" are acceptable, while “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

I can't wait until every thread on ExtremeSkins isn't about 92.

I realize Painkiller is just posting news, please don't take that as a shot at you in the least. I just can't wait for the day that we don't have any new 92 articles coming out.

I refuse to even say his name anymore. He annoys me.

The Redskins will actively rotate their defensive linemen this season, so they are looking for Haynesworth to play 55 to 60 percent of all snaps. He was in for 19 plays against the Ravens, all in the third quarter, and after those plays was so winded that he had to be pulled.

Was this really the case. This is the first I've heard of this.

I can't wait until every thread on ExtremeSkins isn't about 92.

I realize Painkiller is just posting news, please don't take that as a shot at you in the least. I just can't wait for the day that we don't have any new 92 articles coming out.

I refuse to even say his name anymore. He annoys me.

I do agree with you. Had it not been Shanahan's retort, I wouldn't have started this thread. It's a shame it's come to this, but at least we don't have a million "sky is falling" threads over the loss last night. :)

I do agree with you. Had it not been Shanahan's retort, I wouldn't have started this thread. It's a shame it's come to this, but at least we don't have a million "sky is falling threads" over the loss last night. :)

It pains me to say this... But I'd rather have those than threads on 92. Seriously. How sad is that? :ols:

I'm not sure why Haynesworth thinks he can win a battle of wills against Shanahan. The only question that remains here is how long Shanahan's going to try to break Haynesworth before he plays the trump card and cuts/trades his worthless ass.

How is trading or cutting Haynesworth Shanahan's trump card?? That's exactly what AH wants, he'd be doing AH a favor. If he gets that and keeps the money, he'll have come out ahead.

How is trading or cutting Haynesworth Shanahan's trump card?? That's exactly what AH wants, he'd be doing AH a favor. If he gets that and keeps the money, he'll have come out ahead.

Maybe "trump card" wasn't the right phrase.

One way or the other, I think the detriments to keeping him on the team outweigh the benefits at this point, so the best move is to get rid of him. Keeping him around on the bench as a punishment just so he doesn't get his way is foolish. It costs money and will eventually sour the locker room, if it hasn't already.

6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.

Type in your profane word and let the filters do their job. Then check your post to see if the profanity was replaced with asterisks. Veiled or "subtle" attempts at using profanity are unacceptable. We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or none at all. For example "****" and "#&*%$" are acceptable, while “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

Duly noted. Edited.

I really don't know what to believe anymore. Haynesworth's camp is saying he had this mysterious syndrome nobody ever heard of and is still being punished, and the Skins camp is saying he was faking it and are refusing to give him any special treatment. I haven't found Haynesworth to be a high integrity kind of guy, so even if he is telling the truth, he has to realize that he basically can't win in this situation because nobody will believe him anyway. At minimum, he should shut up. But we know that won't happen.

Pardon my French but I effin' love having Shanny here.:beavisnbutthead:

Im not gonna lie, I love Shanny's prescence here as well. It is SO refreshing. I also love how he just wrote it all out on the wall for Haynesworth in the media. Now its Al's move. Interesting chess match we have here.

Archived