Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DMN: Taylor: Cowboys win, but offense is awful in every way

tr1

I'll take that bet. Name the parameters and let's come to a concensus. I don't think the cowboys offense will be top ten this year.

I would say that Romo sits to pee can't go down for more than 3 games.

I would say that they can't lose 4 or more starters on offense to injuries more than 5 games.

If those are acceptable, i'm in. Otherwise, tweak it and I'll evaluate.

I didn't have a problem with criticism concerning the Cowboys offensive play against the Chargers. Truthfully, it was tr1's comments about "puke fans" in his follow up post, which has absolutely nothing to do with the article, that drew my attention.

Could I have ignored it? Sure. But it's not like I'm all offended or anything. I dig tr1's schtick and any comments I make about it is only in jest. Tr1 knows this (at least I hope he does).

How about instead of rationalizing it, you just do it?

One more post from you on this topic and your time here is done.

Apologies to all for the hi-jack.

I love TR1 threads, they are so entertaining:ols:

And, every season he keeps getting the same reactions from puke fans. Some even come back for repeat performances.

Kind of sad if you look at the big picture, but entertaining in the small world that is the ATN.

No statement is more true than "if you don't like the thread, don't read and post in it".

Even I abide by that rule from time to time.

Cowboys will open up with a 31-13 win over the Redskins to start the season.

If you are so confident, why don't you make a thread about your prediction? That way we can bump it up when you are proven wrong and clown you for the rest of the time you are on this board. :ols::ols::ols:

If you are so confident, why don't you make a thread about your prediction? That way we can bump it up when you are proven wrong and clown you for the rest of the time you are on this board. :ols::ols::ols:

Only a drama queen or a message board whore would make a thread with a prediction like that. The skins are the worst team in the East, not exactly going out on a limb with my prediction. It's like coming out and saying I think the Lakers are going to kill the Nets tonight. No **** amirite?

I only posted because as much as Dallas has struggled during the PRESEASON, they will have no problem putting up points when it matters.

I would say that Romo sits to pee can't go down for more than 3 games.

I would say that they can't lose 4 or more starters on offense to injuries more than 5 games.

If those are acceptable, i'm in. Otherwise, tweak it and I'll evaluate.

3 games? Move it up to 5. They should still be able to end the season with top 10 numbers if they're as awesome as you say.

For injuries to other starters we first need to decide how the starters are determined, then we can talk number of starts versus number of starters.

Also, no letter of the law stuff. If a guy plays but doesn't start, it shouldn't count towards injury issues.

Nothing can be predicated on other aspects of the games.

For them to be top ten in offense, they have to end the regular season top ten in both yardage and points per game.

Only a drama queen or a message board whore would make a thread with a prediction like that. The skins are the worst team in the East, not exactly going out on a limb with my prediction. It's like coming out and saying I think the Lakers are going to kill the Nets tonight. No **** amirite?
I never underestimate the value of a QB change. The Vikings went from barely squeaking out a victory against the Giants' backups for a playoff berth in week 17 of 2008 to being one play away from the Superbowl in 2009. The Eagles will likely have the worst QB play in the division. And outside of Samuel, their secondary is a joke. My money is on them for worst team in the division.
I only posted because as much as Dallas has struggled during the PRESEASON, they will have no problem putting up points when it matters.
I had similar thoughts about the Giants defense last year. Who cared if they were struggling in the preseason, surely everything would get better once the real season started. You saw how well that worked out for us.

The Eagles might be worse but I doubt it. They are a much younger and more talented team from top to bottom compared to the Skins.

And as far as the Giants bad D carrying over correlating to the boys..... I think your situation had more to do with injuries? Losing Phillips, Canty and Pierce hurt bad. One place you don't want to be weak on defense is the middle.

Dallas has some players out that they will get back (Kosier Colombo and Bryant). Those players should help move the chains.

Wins and losses in the preseason mean nothing. How well did the starters perform is generally what counts. I say generally because there are always exceptions, but the pukes offense is not one of them.

The Colts are the perfect example. They lose all the time in the preseason, but Manning and the offense always look crisp the short time they play. Come regular season they are ready to play.

I don't care who you are, you cannot simply turn on the switch and be ready to play.

The pukes starting defense has played well so far so I expect them to be ready for the opener.

But, don't listen to me, let's just wait and see to prove you wrong once again.

Wins and losses in the preseason mean nothing. How well did the starters perform is generally what counts. I say generally because there are always exceptions, but the pukes offense is not one of them.

I agree, although I think the Cowboys productivity on offense the last few years probably means they'll at least be pretty good offensively(barring major injury). But if the OL is as bad as some people are saying it could be a long year.

Let me correct you: the Redskins were the worst team last year. What they are this year is in question. So, don't take this team for granted.

While that could be true, such things don't always happen. While the preseason should be taken with a grain of salt, you should be concerned by this.

kind of like a d bag that would come to an opposing teams board and respond to a posted article from their local teams newspaper with a prediction pulled out of their ass with no real analysis to back it up.....you mean like that?

A couple of things.

1. I will believe the Cowboys are having offensive woes when I see it with my own two eyes in the regular season. Until then, I just refuse to buy into the preseason hype. They still have one of the most dynamic QB's in the game, one of the best TE's in the game, and a very good WR corps.

2. Trying to peg the Redskins place in the NFC East Hierarchy is just dumb. It's kind of a dumb thing to do before the start of any season. But when you bring in a new GM, new coach, and a new QB, it's extraordinarily dumb.

Am I concerned about their lack of production this preseason? Not really, Dallas wasn't very good last preseason either and ended up with the #2 offense in the NFL. Unlike other teams which have undergone a complete overhaul and are looking for signs of anything Dallas really only replaced 1 starter, and so far Free has been playing quite well and looks like an upgrade from Flozell. I'm worried about depth, but even the 2nd team linemen haven't looked terrible so far.

December 10, 2000 - Cowboys 32, Redskins 13. If memory serves, that was Aikman's last game.

Thank you. So 10 years? The Cowboy offense is sputtering in preseason, yet will casually go out and drop 31 on a team that it hasn't done that to in 10 years?

3 games? Move it up to 5. They should still be able to end the season with top 10 numbers if they're as awesome as you say.

For injuries to other starters we first need to decide how the starters are determined, then we can talk number of starts versus number of starters.

Also, no letter of the law stuff. If a guy plays but doesn't start, it shouldn't count towards injury issues.

Nothing can be predicated on other aspects of the games.

For them to be top ten in offense, they have to end the regular season top ten in both yardage and points per game.

dont let this guy dupe you into some stupid bet with the guidelines of it being that nothing horrible goes wrong for the pukes...if your gonna take the bet, it should be either they are top 10, or arent at seasons end...period.

Archived