Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Top Redskins pick gets ticketed

SkinsNatsFan

VA Cops don't mess around from I-95, I-81, I-64 to Route 3 through Fredricksburg they will pull you over for just about anything I haven't gotten a ticket in like 6 years but its because I learned to just set the cruze its not worth all the trouble. They even tell you they want to bust you....ever notice the "Speed Limit Enforced by Radar and AIRCRAFT ...radar detectors illegal"....at every point of entry into VA.....

Originally Posted by Warhead36 viewpost.gif

Welcome to the D.C. metro area, home of the worst cops ever.

Amen to that.

And the worst drivers ever, which is why the cops have to be alot more aggressive here. In some cases I don't think they're aggressive enough in nailing the people who are doing 90+.

And the worst drivers ever, which is why the cops have to be alot more aggressive here. In some cases I don't think they're aggressive enough in nailing the people who are doing 90+.

Its a losing fight. Cops are dumb for doing their jobs because there will always be jackasses who say things like this. Their the same people who keep these cops employeed so be thankful for them.

Its a losing fight. Cops are dumb for doing their jobs because there will always be jackasses who say things like this. Their the same people who keep these cops employeed so be thankful for them.
So cops shouldn't stop people who are endangering everybody around them?

So cops shouldn't stop people who are endangering everybody around them?

Not at all, I am agreeing with Jeff in DC and saying its pointless to argue with the people he quoted, who drop by to say F the police, or pigs are dumb. These same people can barely think for themselves let alone debate why they feel a certain way so its a waste of time to try and convice them otherwise.

They are the same people who will call the cops to help when they hear a noise, someone robs them, or their getting their ass kicked by their spouse.

Not at all, I am agreeing with Jeff in DC and saying its pointless to argue with the people he quoted, who drop by to say F the police, or pigs are dumb. These same people can barely think for themselves let alone debate why they feel a certain way so its a waste of time to try and convice them otherwise.

I can think for myself and say pigs are dumb.

Want to debate?

• 1 month later...

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/tom-jackman/traffic-charged-dropped-for-sk.html

Bronson said she approached Williams's window, advised him he was driving 90 in a 55, and he replied, "Yeah, and so?"

The officer provided a certificate showing her car's speedometer had been calibrated in February, and the certificate indicates it has been notarized. Virginia law requires a document's authenticity to be sworn to before it can be admitted as evidence.

But the county mechanic who serviced the car did not testify that he had the calibration notarized. Defense lawyer Mark Dycio objected to the certificate, and substitute Fairfax General District Court Judge John Keats threw it out. "For this document to be admitted," Keats said, "it has to be done under oath."

Dycio then asked the judge to dismiss the case, and Keats, an experienced criminal defense attorney himself, did so without further comment.

"I'm happy and thrilled with Mr. Dycio's services," Williams said.

If only we normal people could get off so easily...

VA Cops don't mess around from I-95, I-81, I-64 to Route 3 through Fredricksburg they will pull you over for just about anything I haven't gotten a ticket in like 6 years but its because I learned to just set the cruze its not worth all the trouble. They even tell you they want to bust you....ever notice the "Speed Limit Enforced by Radar and AIRCRAFT ...radar detectors illegal"....at every point of entry into VA.....

I don't think they use aircraft anymore. I thought I read an article saying how they cut that program due to costs.

I have seen radars posted above the interstate with a camera, so if you do speed it'll take your pic... I only hope they raise some of the limits to 70 in Virginia. It's ridiculous sometimes to go slower than 65 being stuck behind a someone in the passing lane...

I once went 90 in a 55. The Contour has surprisingly good grip on the road... But yeah, he definitely needs to slow it down. There's very little benefit to driving that fast, especially when you don't have far to go.

Anyways, I'm a very calm driver these days. Usually try to stay within 5 MPH of the speed limit (I'd gladly go faster, but I just don't want a ticket). Still never been pulled over to this day.

I hope all you guys drive in the right hand lane (you know who you are)...Too many driving 55 in the far left hand lane, that dont pull over or let people pass, no blinkers, rolling through stop signs, fingers if you pass someone. I hate driving around here. DWA City. The left hand lane is the new right hand lane (thus the right hand lane is now the new left hand lane).

I wish I was back in Germany. People over there know how to drive and follow the general "rules of the road" not to mention you dont get pulled over for 90 mph. You WILL get pulled over for doing 50 in the far left hand lane. 90 in a 55? Dude I see that all day long on the 95/ 495 / 270 / Dulles Toll Road / 66. I cruise at around 70 to 80 and usually have a fair amount of people rolling right along with me in the third / fourth lane...until you hit Chinatown / Mumbai / San Salvador. Yea that is wrong to say, but so damn true.

In regards to TW "getting off"? He gets paid well and can afford a good lawyer, thats all it is. You got money, you get a good lawyer and it makes a hell of a difference. Dont go short on Lawyers and Doctors.

Archived