Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Top Redskins pick gets ticketed

SkinsNatsFan

Trent is gonna lose his license for a min 30 days which is probably for the best.

I dont understand why players who make this kind of money dont hire someone to drive them around.

That being said I dont see this as a character issue, anyone who lives in VA knows how retarded the cops are here about speeding.

Well, glad he didn't kill anyone and hopefully he learns from it. The lesson here (and for some of the rest of you telling stories) is to stay within the 10 mph leniency zone. Especially disappointing that cops are being referred to as pigs or nazis because they do their job. Is it that hard to stay around 65 in a 55 zone?

Good thing he was sober. True story, I got pulled over by a statey doing 125mph in a 65mph. He came to my window, started screaming, and quoted "Give me your ****ing license". He told me if he had a pair of scissors he would cut it in half. I was only 16.......he calmed down and gave me a 80 in a 65. Lucky...

When i got reckless (96 in a 55) they gave me freakin 100 hours community service! I know people with DUI's that got like 40 hours, pissed me off

Pfft I got 98 in a 55 on rt 66 and I got 90 days jail with 86 days suspended -- so basically a weekend in county. I was 18 and got the cheapest lawyer.. ever since then I've been nailed for really bad stuff but I lawyered up and never got a sentence, only fines - no DUIs though, all speeding and other stupid things

I actually had a state trooper give me a reckless driving ticket for following too closely. Was coming off the 95 ramp onto the 495 from Springfield heading into work in Alexandria.

Got a lawyer and had it taken down to something much less.

Shouldn't have had a ticket at all. Should have given the ticket to the moron going 45 MPH in the fast lane of a major highway when there wasn't any traffic.

Cops and their quotas.

Can we not make this a story of the cop messing up, as everyone seems to be doing. I understand VA cops can be jerks, but the cop is absolutely in the right to pull someone over doing 90 in a 55.

Dude was being a dumb kid fresh out of college with way more money than any one person needs and made a boneheaded decision. Let's hope he doesn't make a habit out of it.

Can we not make this a story of the cop messing up, as everyone seems to be doing. I understand VA cops can be jerks, but the cop is absolutely in the right to pull someone over doing 90 in a 55.

Yep, the cops are there to referee the "game" of driving. If one is gonna' cheat the game then just man up and take the penalty, don't whine and try call out the ref 'cause you got caught.

Cops can be jerks, too often it takes one to deal with one.

I just read this article and saw his attorney was Mark Dycio. He was my attorney for a street racing ticket I got a while back. Ticket ended up only being for improper equipment. I heard he was the best traffic attorney in this area and he did good by me and is now representing a Skin.

I don't get why any you shrug this off and say "no biggie". You do realize the ramifications of a accident at those speeds? It means you aren't walking away from it. Most likely you are going to be dead. They even have stats on fatalities in relation to speed, and I assure you the numbers are high the higher up you go.

Seems to me is we have a young 60 million dollar tackle that doesn't value his (or others) life that much. You are ok with that? :doh:

When i got reckless (96 in a 55) they gave me freakin 100 hours community service! I know people with DUI's that got like 40 hours, pissed me off

As well as you should. A drunk driver hitting somebody at 55 mph will do less damage to somebody that a sober person driving 96 mph will do. (barring head on collisions)

73% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I assure you the numbers are higher the more someone thinks they are right.

Did you see me quote a statistic? Nope, so shut the **** up and stop being a smart ass. This has nothing to do with me thinking I'm right. Do the research yourself and stop being a troll.

You want to dispute the Laws of Physics, then go ahead and prove the studies wrong my man.

Do you think Roger Goodell will spend several days deliberating, making headlines, and finally suspending TW for 8 games and fining him 650,000?! Its all about the image of the league!

If you haven't caught on, I've taken this opportunity to sarcastically express my disdain for goodell.

Virginia traffic cops suck. They are super strict because of the super strict traffic laws in Virginia.

That being said, there really isn't any excuse for going 90 in a 55 unless there is some kind of emergency, and that does not appear to be the case here.

THAT being said, I do not think this can be filed under the category of "character issue," "me first mentality," or anything else other than boneheaded driving.

I hope that the rookie and new Virginia resident has learned his lesson not to push the limits with speed, especially in Virginia. I know I sure did when I got a reckless driving ticket in 2008 for doing 85 in a 55.

Hail.

I had to drop someone off at the airport and I can attest to the fact that it is EASY to do 90 on that road with barely anyone else on 287 (or whatever the hell it is). Some cars are engineered so well that you can't "feel" how fast you're going. In the Porche, 90 actually feels like 45.

Archived