Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Yeah, was just coming to post about it.

Interesting take from Pierce here:

James Pearce @JamesPearceEcho 2m2 minutes ago Liverpool, England

No idea how Fellaini has escaped punishment for that elbow. Also not sure who benefits most from him being available for Thursday night.

15 retweets 20 likes

What I think is it sets up Thursday for a big goon fest.  We'll probably see a Michael Oliver style ref who lets big **** go and then will call something trashy in the 65' to give a HUGE advantage.
  • Like 1

When you look at the Arsenal and United squads, they don't have the Star power/roster they use to. Which players really worry you?

They don't have the perception of star power in Arsenal's case.  They're always a young team with a ton of potential and a few players who can provide some veteran savvy and movement.

I think they are sorely missing Santi Cazorla right now.  Not sure any of them will agree with me that he's the driving force in their attack because somehow that would take away from what Ozil is doing.... I don't think it does, but that's the mind set of a lot of them. 

Honestly thought they had the goods to win the league this year and thought they'd threaten in Europe if they were able to get Vidal, but they've had some tough luck with injuries and they don't have a killer.  I think Sanchez is a tidy player, but he's not a killer.  Same with Ozil.

But I also wouldn't lose my mind that they're out of the FA Cup after winning it twice in a row.  Saw some weird reactions on their fan tv yesterday.  Dudes calling for Henry to be the manager?  Has Henry even coached one of his kids teams?  I mean, sure he's a one of a kind talent in his day, but not everyone is cut out to be the manager.  That's a big risk if they went that way.

Liverpool - Jurgen

City - Pep

United - Jose

Arsenal - Henry

Yeah... on second thought, that'll do.  Bring him on! :lol:

United just keep getting it wrong tactically.  They also seem to be the kind of side that rides a player into the ground while they're in form rather than developing them.

What was the documentary, "the Class of 94" or something like that?  Those guys are all well gone except Giggs, who is on the sideline.  They don't really have an identity and it's going to be tough for them to dig themselves out of where they are.  It's not going to be one player that does it for them, either.  They are in complete disarray and are living in the ghost of SAF, who just happens to be in he stands for most matches adding to his gin blossom. 

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

Yeah, was just coming to post about it.

Interesting take from Pierce here:

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 2m2 minutes ago Liverpool, England

No idea how Fellaini has escaped punishment for that elbow. Also not sure who benefits most from him being available for Thursday night.

15 retweets 20 likes

What I think is it sets up Thursday for a big goon fest.  We'll probably see a Michael Oliver style ref who lets big **** go and then will call something trashy in the 65' to give a HUGE advantage.

Their standards are a complete joke. 

They rightly clamp down on racist chanting. They rightly clamp down on political chanting. Hell, they laughably did City for booing the frigging Champions League anthem. Yet something so obvious and widely condemned as that they do nothing. 

Exactly the same this coming Thursday when you just know/ fear our little pricks will respond in kind. When if that happens L'pool should be sanctioned too. 

Same with the elbow. Irrespective of the ref missing it and Can down playing it after, how can they not act on something so blatant?

No matter who's in charge, UEFA are as corrupt and ineffective as ever.

Hail. 

• Like 1

Their standards are a complete joke. 

They rightly clamp down on racist chanting. They rightly clamp down on political chanting. Hell, they laughably did City for booing the frigging Champions League anthem. Yet something so obvious and widely condemned as that they do nothing. 

Exactly the same this coming Thursday when you just know/ fear our little pricks will respond in kind. When if that happens L'pool should be sanctioned too. 

Same with the elbow. Irrespective of the ref missing it and Can down playing it after, how can they not act on something so blatant?

No matter who's in charge, UEFA are as corrupt and ineffective as ever.

Hail. 

UEFA is a joke, but we'll be holding their silverware soon enough. :D

REALLY curious to see the 11.  I'm already off this Friday, so I plan on living it up this Thursday.  Can't wait.

Wonder if United will start Schweinsteiger, who has clearly gained about 20lbs during his injury :lol:

• Like 1

Fair play to all anti-chelseas on the board  :) .  Costa certainly did not cover himself in glory over the weekend.

TBF, Barry came out and said no bite.  He'll get banned most likely for 1-3.  We will see.  I understand why so many people dislike him, but I can tell you as far as on-pitch performance he has taken the torch from Willian as our best player this year.  It's not saying much as everyone has had their troubles, but he is the only consistent threat since December.  

Our season has been done for some time.  Really pulling for Leicester.  Hate to see the Spurs end up winning the league.  Hopefully on 5/15 we are handing over the league trophy to the foxes.

• Like 1

So Ian Aire is "stepping down".

Hopefully that spells the end of the committee.

Must have something to do with having a world class manager or something...

I'm sure Ayre stays on if he was able to sign Teixeira... but there were so many missed signings and then below par signings. 

Good fan.  But bad club-builder.

• Like 1

So Ian Aire is "stepping down".

Hopefully that spells the end of the committee.

Must have something to do with having a world class manager or something...

I'm sure Ayre stays on if he was able to sign Teixeira... but there were so many missed signings and then below par signings. 

Good fan.  But bad club-builder.

Ayre stepping down after next season.

WONDROUS news. 

There's been rumours of this for a while (along with FSG selling up) but I didn't buy it. This is BRILLIANT news. I'd like to think he's jumped before he was pushed. (And that 'push' has been LONG overdue.). The Walkout was more likely to of been the final straw. He'd of told Boston it would only be a thousand or so divvy's. When half the f-ing main stand is steaming out past him his arse must of totally went!  

But having kept him this long, probably not. 

But regardless of how it happened, if they do intend to stay, this is the next best step for FSG when it comes to fan relations. 

Go see if your grass is greener gob****e!

Hail. 

• Like 1

Still can't believe he wasn't sacked after Kazan when the pictures of him with the brasses were all over the net. Getting pissed and partying with hookers on club time away is bad enough. (Something he regularly did/ does on Euro aways. Partying the night away.). But to then take the very same two girls to the frigging game and have them sat either side of him was the ultimate piss take. 

Good riddance!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

my brother-in-law just sent me the list of players he's missed on.  He called it "the list of broken dreams".  Appropriate for sure.

I doubt he has any power for the remainder of the time he's here.

• Like 1

my brother-in-law just sent me the list of players he's missed on.  He called it "the list of broken dreams".  Appropriate for sure.

I doubt he has any power for the remainder of the time he's here.

Share for ****s and giggles. 

*I have an unhealthy hatred of this prick. Just so nobody's left in any doubt. Shrugs. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Well done Leicester. Another step closer. It wasn't pretty but three points is ALL that matters at this stage. 

Very unlucky Newcastle not to get something. Not least when Morgan should of had a penalty awarded against him. 

VERY nervy game from Leicester. Are the nerves starting to show the closer it gets?

Make it a two horse race now. We finished City three games back. Norwich just nailed that. And Arsenal are in a mess. Absolute disgrace both those two aren't battling it out given their resources and the slips of the other big clubs. 

Wenger surely can't survive after blowing this?

Hail. 

So the rumor mill is out in full force today.

Spurs AND PSG want Hendo.  Sell him to the highest bidder. 

Sturridge to Napoli.

31.5 mil for Gotze.

Don't know about you boys, I just can't wait til ****ing Thursday.

Two more sleeps!

• Like 1

So the rumor mill is out in full force today.

Spurs AND PSG want Hendo.  Sell him to the highest bidder. 

Sturridge to Napoli.

31.5 mil for Gotze.

Don't know about you boys, I just can't wait til ****ing Thursday.

Two more sleeps!

How is Origi I have heard good things so far but haven't actually gotten to see him play.  I reckon he's a bit more reliable than Sturridge, but is he better?  

Sturridge for £20m is way too low. I'd be quite inclined to sell him off, though, with his injury history-- depending on who we can get to replace him. in an ideal world, i'd sell both Daniel and Benteke, bring in a true top-flight striker that fits klopp's style, and then spend some money on a high-potential youngster. that'd have: 1. stud 2. origi, 3. ings 4. young potential. firmino may or may not be in there as a striker or as a mid-fielder. whatever.

How is Origi I have heard good things so far but haven't actually gotten to see him play. I reckon he's a bit more reliable than Sturridge, but is he better?

more reliable, but not better. a nice player, but not the studly game-changer that the reds need up top.

• Like 1

Now Sturridge appears to be over his injury problems (please God let that be so), why would you move him on? He's the one true World class talent we have and the best forward in this league not called Augero. Hopefully, with  a good preseason under him for the first time in like forever (please God again don't let frigging England screw that up), he'll be firing on all cylinders the start of next year. 

If you can add a top bracket striker that fits what Klopp requires then brilliant. But with Sturridge, even if you're having to manage his games (the goal output alone you'd get from Daniel only playing let's say 20/25 games a season would be MORE than worth it), Danny Ings hopefully  returning to as good as new (he was starting to show under Rodgers he looked perfect  for Klopp. Really think he'd of played a lot this year had he been available), Origi, who I'll hold my hands up as getting dead wrong (Still raw and has a long ways to go. But he finally looks like a striker and a threat now he has a manager that believes in him), and Firmino who has just been devastating up front and the most effective forward player the league this calendar year, that's a pretty darn good four. And the way Kloppo keeps talking, he seems to think he can turn Benteke's attitude around with a full pre-season of hard work. Which if he does, we've another real good, different option there. Certainly has all the attributes. Just a lazy so and so. 

Centre forward certainly wouldn't be at the top of my priority's personally this summer. 

Talking of forwards, I'd play Origi Thursday with them having to come out. His pace could be devastating again behind. 

You're always cautious because it's Utd., but quietly confident we'll lick these for a big aggregate. They are utter ****e. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

How is Origi I have heard good things so far but haven't actually gotten to see him play.  I reckon he's a bit more reliable than Sturridge, but is he better?  

He's more reliable, but he isn't a better finisher than Sturridge... yet.  Origi is only 20 years old, though.  And he's grown dramatically the last 4-6 months (weird timeline, I know :D ).

Sturridge is one of the best finishers in the world, he just can't stay healthy.

• Like 1

Danny Ings hopefully  returning to as good as new (he was starting to show under Rodgers he looked perfect  for Klopp. Really think he'd of played a lot this year had he been available), Origi, who I'll hold my hands up as getting dead wrong (Still raw and has a long ways to go. But he finally looks like a striker and a threat now he has a manager that believes in him), and Firmino who has just been devastating up front and the most effective forward player the league this calendar year, that's a pretty darn good four. And the way Kloppo keeps talking, he seems to think he can turn Benteke's attitude around with a full pre-season of hard work. Which if he does, we've another real good, different option there. Certainly has all the attributes. Just a lazy so and so. 

Centre forward certainly wouldn't be at the top of my priority's personally this summer. 

Talking of forwards, I'd play Origi Thursday with them having to come out. His pace could be devastating again behind. 

You're always cautious because it's Utd., but quietly confident we'll lick these for a big aggregate. They are utter ****e. 

Hail. 

I keep forgetting about Danny Ings, and yes, with his pace and work ethic (and that he can finish) he's PERFECT for Klopp.

We need two midfielders that can put the ball in and take a free kick.  Gotze and Xenit would do nicely there.  BIGGEST difference between this team and that 2013 team that scored all kinds of goals is that we don't score from closed play unless it's a pen. Gerrard or Suarez would always be a threat from a free kick outside the box.  I used to almost EXPECT to score those, now I don't even get excited.

I would sign a forward if we can sell Benteke, but I'd spend most of the war chest on the pivot and the defense.  Goalkeeper for me is a foregone conclusion.  Someone is coming in, whether it's Ter Stegen or a vet.

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

I would sign a forward if we can sell Benteke, but I'd spend most of the war chest on the pivot and the defense. Goalkeeper for me is a foregone conclusion. Someone is coming in, whether it's Ter Stegen or a vet.

if i were in klopp's shoes (for FSG's), i wouldn't seek to sell Sturridge, but if i got a big offer, i would consider it. he's a great talent, but he has not proven that he can stay on the pitch. if we sell Benteke and Sturridge, sign a stud striker and have some money left over from the sales to add to the war chest (for the MF, D, and GK), i'd consider it strongly.

• Like 1

if i were in klopp's shoes (for FSG's), i wouldn't seek to sell Sturridge, but if i got a big offer, i would consider it. he's a great talent, but he has not proven that he can stay on the pitch. if we sell Benteke and Sturridge, sign a stud striker and have some money left over from the sales to add to the war chest (for the MF, D, and GK), i'd consider it strongly.

Have to be a big offer that reflects his calibre. 

This current media talk of £20 million or so is absolute nonsense. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Have to be a big offer that reflects his calibre.

This current media talk of £20 million or so is absolute nonsense.

Hail.

Totally agree. I imagine other teams will want a discount based on injury history that FSG/klopp would be unwilling to give.

• Like 2

The derby's been rearranged for Wednesday April 20th. That's the week after the quarter final second leg on the Thursday, the memorial the Friday, and Bournemouth away the Sunday. Be strange being away in Europe if that's how the second leg falls for the memorial. Have to find a church on foreign soil and do our little service that we do down St. Nicks. 

Everton's 'Cup Final' before their semi final. Nice.  ;):D .

Chelsea has been rearranged for Wednesday May 11th. (They're saying it's subject to further change but heck knows why? No clash with any Europa round.). 

Both games to kick at 8 PM BST. (3 PM EST.). Both live on Sky. (Or Fox or whatever out there.). 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Well it wasn't Groningen, but when is it ever, but the Dutch boys almost sent a shock wave through Europe.

Lot of tight sphincters in Madrid during those penalties, I'm sure.

Sad, to me at least, that the Eredivise has not kept up with the Big 5. Money always wins out.

• Like 1

Well it wasn't Groningen, but when is it ever, but the Dutch boys almost sent a shock wave through Europe.

Lot of tight sphincters in Madrid during those penalties, I'm sure.

Sad, to me at least, that the Eredivise has not kept up with the Big 5. Money always wins out.

I agree 100%.

Back in 90s, the Dutch league was on TV here in the US, early Sunday mornings.

I'd get up and watch the game as I got ready for my men's league games.  They played with flair and skill.  Great teams to watch.

Now, they are little more than a developmental league for the Big 5.  Too bad.