Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Quit insulting the lil' Brazilian genius!

Hail.  

I wasn't, on the contrary my friend. Coutinho came to LFC with a serious inconsistency problem, but he managed to turn things around and blossomed. That's why I asked Coutinho 2.0 ? about Kovacic.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 2

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport and Jutarnji List, both clubs agreed to a 25€ millions transfer fee. The guy is talented but is inconsistent. IMO, it's a big gamble for the Scousers. Coutinho 2.0 ?

I'd hope he's more of a string puller from further back, though I think they could be interchangible.  He could play either the 10 or the 6 for me.  But I think if you get Phil further back with legit strikers and the ability to come up when he sees it's an option he'll become deadly.  Phil's strength is creativity.  I see some Hazard in Kovacic's game.

I remember a certain someone not being very fond of the Coutinho transfer when it happened...

As late as early in the 13/14 season he needed convincing lol :lol:

But we don't talk about that one :ph34r:

Anyone watching this Real Legends/ L'pool Legends game?

Great fun. 2-1 Liverpool H/T. 

http://firstrows.biz/soccer/real-madrid-legends-vs-liverpool-legends-frs10e6e1

Hail. 

I didn't see the link until late.

Just saw the Reds' twitter mafia opining on the "legend status" of 3 of our back 4 :lol:

Edited by DC9
  • Like 2

So it was league work out day today where players can show off their abilities and such for captains of teams. So I let my team know I had very little intention of returning last week. So I've been getting messages from different teams after that leaked (Think my teammates let it spill to others.). So the questions of captains were my severe hamstring strain after that injury at the end of the season. Basically wondering if my speed was back yet. I had a hat trick the first game and brace in the second at the work out so I think maybe those doubts are at least less than what they were. My former team has still been in contact but I just don't think I have anything gain from staying and I think a change of scenery would be good. Plus maybe there is a team just missing that one piece at striker to make everything click. My former captain was telling everyone at the team's end of season party we were originals of the club and was there for the club's most successful season (Went undefeated through all competitions and walked away with major silverware. Sadly the mismanagement after that season killed the club's future.). I will say for those who played on the team it was something special. That season was just magical.

Mail reporting that Madrid has offered £13m for De Gea. If true, would be an astonishing insult.

They aren't top 4 without him yet they can't wait to move on.

That's actually decent money for a keeper.

Mail reporting that Madrid has offered £13m for De Gea. If true, would be an astonishing insult.

I've heard from someone at Man City the offer was £20M plus add ons. Still an insult but he has only got 12 months left on his contract so Utd have their backs against the wall a bit. 

That's actually decent money for a keeper.

Wash out your mouth with soap and water - most important position on the field  ;)

• Like 1

The Americans have won all four meetings with Nigeria, three in group stages of the World Cup. During the 1999 championship run, the U.S. team yielded the opening goal and then scored seven in a row. In 2003, the margin was 5-0. Four years later, it was 1-0. The other encounter was at the 2000 Olympics, a 3-1 outcome.

Wash out your mouth with soap and water - most important position on the field  ;)

I totally agree, that's why we've been trotting Mignolet out there for two years, now.

But in all seriousness, I'm not sure why, but they just don't typically move for north of 10 mil, so that's actually a lot of money for a keeper.

I totally agree, that's why we've been trotting Mignolet out there for two years, now.

But in all seriousness, I'm not sure why, but they just don't typically move for north of 10 mil, so that's actually a lot of money for a keeper.

It's certainly true that there have not been many fees over £10M - but let's not forget Man U paid £18M for DeGea when they bought him and he is a MUCH better keeper now than then. Southampton paid £10M last year for Forster from Celtic and I think he's a good keeper but not top drawer. I'd want at least £30M for DeGea based on him only having one year left on his deal (how Utd allowed that to happen is another question - they should have extended him before the start of last season).

• Like 1