Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

He's not having his best game - but I'm going to give props to our boy Emre Can.

Three games in a row now he's played against filthy strikers in the Elephant Man and Andy Carroll.  Stomped, elbowed, bloodied, and he still lines out of his comfort zone to provide some calm cause BR wants him to.

2-0 FT

The presence of a World Class striker - ya'll

Oh how many in this thread laughed this past summer when we said Sturridge was a better all round player than Suarez and arguably more important to the side. Best English forward by a Country mile and up there alongside ANYTHING in the BPL when it comes to forwards. People, outside of Liverpudlians, just don't appreciate/ realise how technically gifted he is aside from being a top class finisher. 

Good day. Solid win. Daniel back doing what Daniel does best. And I got back in for the last 10 mins of the rent boy game (surreal to be in a bar in town after the game that absolutely erupted and went nuts when Citeh scored); streamed the NBC feed, and was blown away by a group of American reds chanting 'Justice 4 the 96' as they talked in the open-air studio in downtown Arizona. 

Class boys. Pure class. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

People, outside of Liverpudlians, just don't appreciate/ realise how technically gifted he is aside from being a top class finisher.

I'd disagree here GHH. I think Sturridge is widely recognised as a top quality striker throughout the country. He is quality.

The problem is, we all know he can never ever stay fit, and therefore can't be tagged as the best of anything IMO.

Oh how many in this thread laughed this past summer when we said Sturridge was a better all round player than Suarez and arguably more important to the side. Best English forward by a Country mile and up there alongside ANYTHING in the BPL when it comes to forwards. People, outside of Liverpudlians, just don't appreciate/ realise how technically gifted he is aside from being a top class finisher. 

Good day. Solid win. Daniel back doing what Daniel does best. And I got back in for the last 10 mins of the rent boy game (surreal to be in a bar in town after the game that absolutely erupted and went nuts when Citeh scored); streamed the NBC feed, and was blown away by a group of American reds chanting 'Justice 4 the 96' as they talked in the open-air studio in downtown Arizona. 

Class boys. Pure class. 

Hail.

I know we talked about patience and not expecting too much from him immediately. I know he will have poor touches and equally poor attempts on goal. I know I shouldn't let my emotions get the best of me.

.........But, I have decided to give my brain a rest and go with my heart on this on. Welcome back Mr Sturridge!!! Now go win us some games!!!

• Like 1

Well this is turning into a crudy Sunday. 

Rangers an absolute disgrace in the Old Firm semi. Talent deficiency is one thing. A complete lack of fight and effort, in THAT game of all games, is a complete other. Hang your collective heads in shame Bears. 

And down South Arsenal annihilate Villa. A villa side BTW who we got scolded for saying were utter garbage and one of the worst teams in the league when they won at Anfield earlier this year. They've now scored ELEVEN goals ALL season. (23 games.) The lowest ANY team has mustered at this stage of a Premier League season in history. 

Y'all we're right. They are not utter garbage. They're FAR worse than that. 

But let's go buy that Delph fella', The 'creative' force behind the Villa goalscoring machine .....

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

I know we talked about patience and not expecting too much from him immediately. I know he will have poor touches and equally poor attempts on goal. I know I shouldn't let my emotions get the best of me.

.........But, I have decided to give my brain a rest and go with my heart on this on. Welcome back Mr Sturridge!!! Now go win us some games!!!

There was massive disappointment in the ground yesterday that he didn't start. Dudes like Messi. He's always come back from injury like hes never been away and hit the ground running. The lift when he came on was palpable. 

Interesting debate on Rodgers after. When my initial idea of hiring Tony Soprano's guys to take care of him had been quashed, we all agreed that should he not make the Champions League nor win a trophy, which would be three years trophyless and only one shambolic Champions League season; we'd still give him year 4 BUT if it was as poor at Christmas next year, he wouldn't see the year out. 

None of this 5 year bunkum. Next year he HAS to start producing and winning things, 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Interesting debate on Rodgers after... we all agreed that should he not make the Champions League nor win a trophy, which would be three years trophyless and only one shambolic Champions League season; we'd give him year 4 BUT if it was as poor at Christmas next year, he wouldn't see the year out.

None of this 5 year bunkum. Next year he HAS to start producing and winning things,

Hail.

agreed. i know the players bought this past summer that will take a while to produce and aren't instant stars, but that's on him and his voice in the transfer committee. they should have sold the players they had no intention of keeping and used that money plus manquillo's, balotelli's, and markovic's fees to get an immediate difference maker to replace suarez. even if he were in perfect health and of iron constitution, just having sturridge wouldn't be enough in today's premiership.

water under the bridge now...

moving forward, rodgers needs to have the team get its swagger back and needs to win. Now.

• Like 3

hey look, Michael Oliver just produced a Red Card for Bertrand - who just went over the ball and into Barrow from Swansea.

So, he does have them for Liverpool players as well as Southampton players.  Maybe he hates the color red??

Bottom line - it's another testy match.

But let's go buy that Delph fella', The 'creative' force behind the Villa goalscoring machine .....

Well to fair to him. Delph saved you the future embarrassment by staying loyal and extending his deal at Villa.

Otherwise, he would have been a Liverpool player in the Summer.

Well to fair to him. Delph saved you the future embarrassment by staying loyal and extending his deal at Villa.

Otherwise, he would have been a Liverpool player in the Summer.

I think Emre Can is the future of that position, Jordan Henderson will be the immediate replacement for Gerrard.  Midfield for LFC is fine, imo.  Lots of ball movement and young talent that gets better every match.  We need finishing and another reliable CB so that we can eventually move Can back to his normal position in the midfield.

Anyone have any bold predictions for today?

There was massive disappointment in the ground yesterday that he didn't start. Dudes like Messi. He's always come back from injury like hes never been away and hit the ground running. The lift when he came on was palpable.

Interesting debate on Rodgers after. When my initial idea of hiring Tony Soprano's guys to take care of him had been quashed, we all agreed that should he not make the Champions League nor win a trophy, which would be three years trophyless and only one shambolic Champions League season; we'd still give him year 4 BUT if it was as poor at Christmas next year, he wouldn't see the year out.

Hail.

I've been preaching this for weeks!! I guess you just needed to hear it in scouse. I'm just glad someone finally talked some sense into you!