Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I probably won't/can't argue too vehemently against this, but it doesn't really matter when how good the technical ability is of the whole league is when the tactics don't showcase it and it doesn't bear fruit (see Arsenal, ha ha). The Italian teams seem to be on a down cycle in Champions League and not really sure what they are doing in the Europa League. When you get all that talent on the national team and they have a cohesive style, mindset, with great decision makers then they are hard to stop.

That is because tactics are king, and they have some of hte best in Europe. I prefer that then watching Tony Pulis, Big Sam, Marin O'[redacted] and the others of their ilk just go long ball all game and then throwing 11 behind the ball.

I hate to sound arrogant, but Serie A is more of a thinking man's league. Its not pleasing on the eye because of that, but if you like teams who have great game plans and good technique then its a great league still.

Also, if Juve can get a big time striker I think they can do damage in CL. Also Inter won the CL in 2010.

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan

I'd argue that the Spanish and La Liga, who's overall quality dwarfs any current League World Wide fro me; should stop laughing at that assertion, but meh, we don't want to get into another long line of debate again.

And that's from a guy who has more than a passing interest in the Italian game.

Hail.

I only agree in that when you get out of the top 4 in La Liga, the top 2 in Germany, the top 5-6 in England the technical quality really drops. I'm not sure where I can say the drop off is in Italy

That is because tactics are king, and they have some of hte best in Europe. I prefer that then watching Tony Pulis, Big Sam, Marin O'[redacted] and the others of their ilk just go long ball all game and then throwing 11 behind the ball.

Tactics ARE NOT king. Technique is much more important. There's no special tactics that the guys in the other leagues don't know that only Serie A knows.

I hate to sound arrogant, but Serie A is more of a thinking man's league. Its not pleasing on the eye because of that, but if you like teams who have great game plans and good technique then its a great league still.

What a load horse ****.

The local paper tonight was saying they expect the results back tomorrow on Lucas, but fear it's a torn thigh muscle that could well lead to him being out for two months or so. Apparently, he did it in the pre-match warm-up. Which begs the question why you'd risk it in the game.

Real unlucky for Lucas if it is after what he's been through, but at least we've quality cover this season. With the best will in the World, Spearing, as hard as he works, is little more than a Championship standard player.

Hail.

Ugh. Even worse for Lucas as it's expected to be 3 months after the results are back.

Sahin's gona' get an immediate chance to shine.

Hail.

Interesting that Blackburn have had a bid accepted for the exact same amount we had turned down by Huddersfield last January for Jordan Rhodes.

Excellent move OB, and one which could well fire you straight back to the big league. Kids a poacher. Plain and simple. Not blessed technically, but man does he know where the goal is. And where to be in the right place at the right time. That type of instinct is invaluable and can't be taught. The best I can equate him to ..... Johnny Aldridge. And he wasn't too shabby a goal scorer.

Real happy for you on this one.

Hail.

I'd argue that the Spanish and La Liga, who's overall quality dwarfs any current League World Wide fro me; should stop laughing at that assertion, but meh, we don't want to get into another long line of debate again.

And that's from a guy who has more than a passing interest in the Italian game.

Hail.

BTW, I'm forced to watch the game on tape delay via foxsoccer2go so my absence post game isn't my graciousness in victory (or abject cowardice). I probably won't see it until some time Monday.

Berbatov to Fulham...hopefully that's all the leverage needed to free Dempsey. I hope Liverpool offers 9 mil and sees who blinks first.

Gona' be quite the day tomorrow. I still have a feeling Carroll could depart in some fashion too by the deadline.

A good tracker on the madness is this: http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/clockwatch

BTW, I'm forced to watch the game on tape delay via foxsoccer2go so my absence post game isn't my graciousness in victory (or abject cowardice). I probably won't see it until some time Monday.

I shall refrain from posting any comment or result in case you happen on by my good man. Can't speak for others though, lol.

Good luck Sunday.

BTW, it occurred to me earlier I've seen Arsenal lift the title live (though I STILL claim Smith NEVER touched the ball on the first); and you've never seen them live. Circumstance, and life, is a funny ol' thing.

Hail.

*Edit* Oh yeah, GO DCU TONIGHT! Kick some NY ass and win that series!

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Watching the UEFA awards and Champion's League group pickings right now.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2013/draws/index.html

LOL at the lady who kept asking Christiano Rondaldo about his 'agonizing' loss.

I HATE Utd. Trips to Braga and Istanbul I'd kill for around now damn it. And City too. That's a boss group with trips to Amsterdam, Madrid and Dortmund.

Don't so much care for Chelsea's group. Highly expensive trip to Russia. And Turin which is NO fun. Same with Arsenal. Kiev's a biatch with cost and visa's. And Zagreb could be VERY naughty for anyone travelling.

But the two Manc clubs .....

Humph!

Hail.

Holy crap, City never catch a break during the group draw! Madrid, Ajax, and Dortmund is tough

Are you a City fan? If so, I'll congratulate you now because you are the FIRST city fan in America I've met in 34 years. This is what Neil Armstrong must've felt like.

Holy crap, City never catch a break during the group draw! Madrid, Ajax, and Dortmund is tough

Tough, but if your a City fan planning on travelling, brilliant. a few days in Amsterdam and Madrid just ROCKS! And Dortmund, whilst not as attractive, is a great place to drink.

But yeah, football wise, that's a BIATCH of a group.

Hail.

I HATE Utd. Trips to Braga and Istanbul I'd kill for around now damn it. And City too. That's a boss group with trips to Amsterdam, Madrid and Dortmund.

Don't so much care for Chelsea's group. Highly expensive trip to Russia. And Turin which is NO fun. Same with Arsenal. Kiev's a biatch with cost and visa's. And Zagreb could be VERY naughty for anyone travelling.

But the two Manc clubs .....

Humph!

Hail.

Group D (Real's group) is going to be fun to watch. Ajax and Dortmund surely aren't in the same class but they can definitely get results that will mess with the standings.

Are you a City fan? If so, I'll congratulate you now because you are the FIRST city fan in America I've met in 34 years. This is what Neil Armstrong must've felt like.

Yeah, I've come out as a city fan on this thread before.

Before you call me out as a bandwagon fan I started watching the EPL in 2006 when I was immediately attracted to City and I've been follwoing them faithfully ever since. City has a huge following in NYC too

*Resists urge to joke on finding a Utd fan in Manchester .....

We found a Wimbledon season ticket holder once in a bar at Euston waiting for a train home from West Ham. He even got his book out as it was at the time to prove he was, lol. It was surrealy bizarre and funny as all heck at the same time.

Thought I'd share, shrugs.

Hail.

Didn't catch the humor in your post, that's funny :ols:

---------- Post added August-30th-2012 at 02:00 PM ----------

*Resists urge to joke on finding a Utd fan in Manchester .....

We found a Wimbledon season ticket holder once in a bar at Euston waiting for a train home from West Ham. He even got his book out as it was at the time to prove he was, lol. It was surrealy bizarre and funny as all heck at the same time.

Thought I'd share, shrugs.

Hail.

I don't believe this happened without a pic :pfft:

Didn't catch the humor in your post, that's funny :ols:

---------- Post added August-30th-2012 at 02:00 PM ----------

I don't believe this happened without a pic :pfft:

Yes, trying to be funny but also sincere. Nasri is a douche (even when he was with Arsenal) but City have a good group. Don't like Balotelli, but the guy can play. But seriously you're the first City fan I've "met".

I live outside of PIttsburgh now, Steeler fans are like ****roaches, they are everywhere in the US and around the world. You can find Steeler bars around the world.

Yes, trying to be funny but also sincere. Nasri is a douche (even when he was with Arsenal) but City have a good group. Don't like Balotelli, but the guy can play. But seriously you're the first City fan I've "met".

I live outside of PIttsburgh now, Steeler fans are like ****roaches, they are everywhere in the US and around the world. You can find Steeler bars around the world.

Nasri is a good player and he hasn't done anything too bad while at city (yet) but from his behavior on the international level it's clear that he can be a real douche. It appears most french players have an element of douchiness to them.

So what are the team allegiances here? GHH=Lverpooll, El= Arsenal?

Edited by oscarsandman