Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

You're missing the point too.

Name one bigger name player we've signed at the time of signing?

That was the point.

Hail.

I don't know how you can even be excited. 

By transitive law he is 1/3 the price of Andy Carroll so he must be 1/3 the ability :D

Sites have built in translations.  They do the the same for facebook and such. 

yeah, but it's bad translations. 

My French and German are super rusty as I have no one to speak with regularly but I can muddle along the news websites to get enough meaning. 

You're missing the point too.

Name one bigger name player we've signed at the time of signing?

That was the point.

Hail.

OMG you're right...just checked out you're signings over the last 30 years....Balotelli could be the biggest name....and he ain't world class by a million miles....Sturridge is better and he isn't world class either.

Fair enough.

Because one team took it serious.  Real treated it like a friendly as did the manager.  Ronaldo played less than half the match.  Anyone watching could tell Real wasn't treating it like a real match.

They took the league seriously didn't they? I know they took the CL final they barely won with 2 of Atletico's best players out seriously. Until proven otherwise Real is a better collection of players but I don't know that they're a better team and you don't know too much about Real if you think they weren't taking a derby seriously.

Behave will yer.

Henry was FAR from a World renowned name when Arsenal signed him. Van Nisyelrooy was certainly becoming far more noticed at PSV when Utd snapped him up but he wasn't as established as Balotelli is right now.

That was the point.

Hail.

How established is Balotelli? If you want to count Alexis Sanchez as a winger he's the 6th best forward in the league. (Dzeko, Aguerro, Rooney, RVP, Diego Costa not in any specific order) Still a very good signing that should do great things in the attacking system Liverpool play.

Well, we really felt that we should have won last night's match against the county directly South of us, but with such a young Junior Varsity team I suppose s 1-1 draw is acceptable.

My son is playing really well and folks are constantly amazed that he's only 12 and playing this well against high schoolers. We've actually been asked for him to play on a U-13 Select team, but in all honesty the skill level is a HUGE step backwards for what he's playing now and they don't do any keeper specific training. So I doubt that Select is happening this year.

Here he is 2v1 trying to clear the ball, he ends up smacking it instead of punching it which then results in a quick score for the opponents.

Oh well live and learn.

15001800801_3581b10baf_b.jpg

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 2

How established is Balotelli? If you want to count Alexis Sanchez as a winger he's the 6th best forward in the league. (Dzeko, Aguerro, Rooney, RVP, Diego Costa not in any specific order) Still a very good signing that should do great things in the attacking system Liverpool play.

FAR more established World wide than either of those two greats where when they arrived in England.

Diego Costa has had ONE game in the Premiership so doesn't come into ANY reckoning as a totally unknown quantity.

From the rest, there's only Aguero I'd hand pick over Balotelli. He's equally as good as any of the others when he's on bis game. Plus he's younger.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I feel like it would be pretty weird being a fan of a La Liga team. Aren't most of their news and fan sites in Spanish? How do you get news regularly?

I feel like it's easy with EPL because the language is basically the same...to a point lol

If you use firefox you can use the add-on google translator, despite the few translation mistakes you'll be able to get most of the articles. Here is the link to Kiosko which is a best of the world's newspapers (translation button on the upper right).

I'd advise in favor of him finding some GK training. To improve his effectiveness but, more importantly, so he learns how to protect himself. 

What area of the country are you in? I can try to find you one, if you're interested.

We're just South of Lexington, KY.

I'd love to get him some GK specific training. I would much rather pay for that then pay for a Select team where the skill level is drastically reduced.

"He must comply with the code of conduct of the club like everybody. His last chance? At the highest level, yes. It's all or nothing. Mario is 24 years old. No more age excuse, he is not ready to be a leader. With Steven Gerrard, Mario will be tutored and will play at his best. Mario needs to remove that pressure, " Mino Raiola.

You get a three/ four week break (or longer dependent on when your Country went out) after the WC and in that period you lose your fitness or are too tired to start the new season? Do me a freaking favour E.

Today's players have it WAY better than anyone

EVER did 'back in the day.' They have the best experts available to them. They have the best diaticions makin sure they refuel properly to the bodies maximum. The best medics: physics and masseuses. They play on bowling green picture perfect pitches all year round. And get paid millions for the privilege.

Young men in the prime of their health but they are too tired and unfit after the summer to make the start iof the season? All from massive squads when half of them can't even play two games a week without complaining of being 'tired!'

#overpamperedmoderndaywusseswhodontknowtheyreborn

Hail.

FIFA did a study a decade ago comparing the amount of distance covered in the 1966 WC and the 2002 WC and players covered 50% more per game in 2002 than they did in 1966. 

FIFA did a study a decade ago comparing the amount of distance covered in the 1966 WC and the 2002 WC and players covered 50% more per game in 2002 than they did in 1966. 

Yeah, the modern games gotten way quicker. Not necessarily technically better in a lot of cases. But way quicker. Players are as fit as they've ever been. You have players from back then playing against players now and the old guys would be dead after 10 minutes. (They'd probably keep the ball those 10 minutes but still.). 

But that's offset by perfect pitches, lighter balls and boots, squad rotation, the best off field care et all. 

MUCH easier professional life today when most everything is perfect and taken care of for you. 

Hail. 

"He must comply with the code of conduct of the club like everybody. His last chance? At the highest level, yes. It's all or nothing. Mario is 24 years old. No more age excuse, he is not ready to be a leader. With Steven Gerrard, Mario will be tutored and will play at his best. Mario needs to remove that pressure, " Mino Raiola.

Another 'celebrity' agent who thinks the World needs to hear him. 

Brilliant. 

Good luck Leicester and Everton today. I now need to go flog myself as penance for the last part. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I've BEEN on high school teams that finish better than this Newcastle side :lol:

Would love to see Chelsea drop points here, but a pipe dream at best.

Actual recording of Jose Mourino's half time talk.

- NSFW for some language

Yeah, the modern games gotten way quicker. Not necessarily technically better in a lot of cases. But way quicker. Players are as fit as they've ever been. You have players from back then playing against players now and the old guys would be dead after 10 minutes. (They'd probably keep the ball those 10 minutes but still.). 

But that's offset by perfect pitches, lighter balls and boots, squad rotation, the best off field care et all. 

MUCH easier professional life today when most everything is perfect and taken care of for you. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

They took the league seriously didn't they? I know they took the CL final they barely won with 2 of Atletico's best players out seriously. Until proven otherwise Real is a better collection of players but I don't know that they're a better team and you don't know too much about Real if you think they weren't taking a derby seriously.

Ronaldo wouldn't be playing like 40 mins in regular game.  James was a beast and they took him off at half time.  Atletico should be given all the credit for playing the game as a trophy match.  Real you could tell didn't treat it as serious.  Outside of maybe Ramos.  Like I said the manager didn't even.  Though I think Real needs someone along with Benezema.  Lewandowski would have been a great add.  I see them targeting Reus. 

Ronaldo wouldn't be playing like 40 mins in regular game.  James was a beast and they took him off at half time.  Atletico should be given all the credit for playing the game as a trophy match.  Real you could tell didn't treat it as serious.  Outside of maybe Ramos.  Like I said the manager didn't even.  Though I think Real needs someone along with Benezema.  Lewandowski would have been a great add.  I see them targeting Reus. 

I see them targeting whoever sells shirts regardless of how the player fits on their roster.