Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Hope FSG are happy at not giving him a chance to strengthen a weak bench.

Two dropped points in a very poor performance against wank opposition. WTF Toure was doing is ANYONES guess. Defending 1-0-1. NEVER pass across your own box. Either pass it back or get rid. But a lot of that falls on BR for having his defenders play out regardless. There's a time and place to play. And there's a time to just get rid. Happened on WAY too many occasions over the past couple of years.

Bad Sunday. Onto Arsenal in a must win next Sat'day.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Home kit should be all red with a white trim.

Away kit should be white shirts with a red trim, black shorts, and white socks with a white trim.

With a yellow third shirt if needed. (Shorts and socks can be a mixture of the home/ away.).

'Keepers jersey should be green with the relevant home/ away shorts to match the other players.

All boots shoul be black. Anyone wearing blue boots should be publicly flogged in the centre circle at half time until he cries for his mom.

So I'm a traditionalist. Bite me!

That is all.

Hail.

Plus 1 on keepers wearing a green shirt unless it clashes with the opposition main colour. I also used to hate having to wear different colour shirts and socks to the rest of the team.

Edit - that should have said shorts and socks .....

Edited by MartinC
  • Like 1

My red friends, Liverpool's 2014 US Summer Tour. 

For those interested, this is the official website.

http://internationalchampionscup.com/

All dates and games are being confirmed tomorrow apparently but it looks like we have the following games:

26th July v Olympiacos (Chicago)

30th July v AC Milan (Philadelphia)

2nd August v Man City (Charlotte)

Then a potential semi-final and Final in Miami on the 3rd and 4th August.

Hail. 

• Like 1

My red friends, Liverpool's 2014 US Summer Tour. 

For those interested, this is the official website.

http://internationalchampionscup.com/

All dates and games are being confirmed tomorrow apparently but it looks like we have the following games:

26th July v Olympiacos (Chicago)

30th July v AC Milan (Philadelphia)

2nd August v Man City (Charlotte)

Then a potential semi-final and Final in Miami on the 3rd and 4th August.

Hail. 

I would consider going to Philly, but won't everyone be in Brasil?

vs City in Charlotte on 2 August?

Abso-****ing-lutely I'll be there!!!

Thanks, bro.

Well, still needs official confirmation tomorrow but that's the word.

That said I was told Boston was a definate against Roma so I've still some ass kicking to do over that.

Would be pretty cool though. I know it's not in Italy or Greece, but we have a great relationship with both Milan and Olympiakos (we're their English club); so the ex-pats should make both friendly affairs.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

So - very very good performance by Chelsea last night. They totally outclassed City in midfield and Mourinho out coached Pelligrino. 

I thought Hazard was different class and Matic looks a very very good buy (if you ignore that Chelsea had sold him and then bought him back for much more). City's 4-4-2 was exposed with Demichellis a liability both with the ball and without it. Chelsea outnumbered City in the middle of the field and then used the speed of Hazard and Willians (who also looked very very good) to break on City.

I still think Chelsea lack real quality up front and City will win the title - they beat City and Eto hardly had a kick. But if Chelsea can add a world class striker to that team and replace John Terry (I think I can turn quicker than Terry) for next season look out.  

Michael Laudrup sacked by Swansea. What say ye, GHH? IIRC, you wanted him as your manager a few years back over Rodgers.

I like Rodgers, but I'd take him in a heartbeat. One of the greatest European players ever who has the same philosophy he played with as a manager. Exceptionally dignified guy and a massive L'pool fan.

I hope Swansea go down with Newcastle and West Ham. Absolutely ridiculous sacking to go along with AVB, DiCanio and Malkay. (Have I missed anyone?.).

Hail.

I like Rodgers, but I'd take him in a heartbeat. One of the greatest European players ever who has the same philosophy he played with as a manager. Exceptionally dignified guy and a massive L'pool fan.

I hope Swansea go down with Newcastle and West Ham. Absolutely ridiculous sacking to go along with AVB, DiCanio and Malkay. (Have I missed anyone?.).

Hail.

Steve Clarke, IMO. 

It's amazing how quickly these clubs seem to forget.  I get that it's a business, but all things considered it's just poor form and panicky. 

Every team that manages to stay in the Premier League at the end of this year is guaranteed £60M minimum. Thats focusing minds and teams that are at the bottom end of the table or drifting there are certainly very aware of the location of the panic button.

Still if Mark Hughes can keep getting hired it should not take Laudrup long to get rehired.

Edited by MartinC

it's something I always wonder about... all these guys keep popping back in for different sides more owners need to take more chances with new names. Easy for me to say that I don't have 60M riding on the decision. The problem with guys like, and I'm picking on him, Sam Allardyce is that they're collecting a paycheck. Get someone young and hungry trying to make a name for himself. 

Steve Clarke, IMO.

It's amazing how quickly these clubs seem to forget. I get that it's a business, but all things considered it's just poor form and panicky.

Yes, Steve Clarke too. Another scandalously ridiculous sacking.

If only the Premier League had been around in '90 Ferguson would of been dead before that **** Mark Robins saved his ass the third round at Forest.

Mark Robins. Someone else I'll catch upto one day like Marcus Allrn.

There WILL be blood!

Hail.

Hail.

shoulda bought him when you had the chance

seriously tho, Laudrup always has bad second years and leaves. Not sure he is a good manager, tbh.

it's something I always wonder about... all these guys keep popping back in for different sides more owners need to take more chances with new names. Easy for me to say that I don't have 60M riding on the decision. The problem with guys like, and I'm picking on him, Sam Allardyce is that they're collecting a paycheck. Get someone young and hungry trying to make a name for himself.

My eldest son is being coached by a guy who played at Bolton under Allardyce - he speaks very highly of him in terms of how organised he was, the analysis he did on opponents and various game situations. He was one of the first coaches over here to use computer analysis - for example he had thousands of corners analysised to identify the area where the second ball would be most likely to fall both attacking and defending so he could place players in the best areas ..... He also was at the front of the wave of diet/nutrition and more scientific training methods.

The problem with Sam as per this guy though is he struggles to adapt during games if his plan is not working and players feel constrained within his system.