Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

you were almost "lucky", Dan Snyder wanted to buy Leeds.

With the number of years we had under Ken Bates, Dan Snyder honestly would have been welcomed with open arms back then.

Now we've been in talks about a takeover for over a year and the club is a total shambles once again. Got a nice streak of losing five in a row at the moment. Seriously, supporting the Skins is tough but supporting Leeds is just depressing to levels I can't even describe. 

Small time Bournemouth ****heads!

Photo ID required and no pubs opening until 12:30 on the day of the game.

They sure know how to embrace the magic of the Cup!

A CRACKDOWN on drinking has seen police officers given extended powers to confiscate alcohol from anywhere in Bournemouth for a 72 hour period starting from Friday afternoon.

Concerned by a threat of drink-related football disorder prior to the weekends big game, councillors are making the entire town an enforcement zone.

Currently, several separate areas of Bournemouth are covered by a Designated Public Places Order (DPPO), including the town centre, Boscombe and Charminster.

But the council has now extended the DPPO to cover the entire town. The move will allow the council to confiscate alcohol anywhere in the town, although police insist they will only tackle irresponsible drinkers attracted to the town for the FA cup match v Liverpool. The measures include a policy of over 25s entry into all drinking establishments and a 100% check of photo ID.

Paul Lundy, manager of the Red Rooster public house said that his team will be firm but fair, and open as usual to normal customers but has requested non regulars carry photo ID.

Hail.

Laughing at what? Not valuing him at £ 40 million?

Hell, at least I said he was quality. Unlike Gary Neville who questioned not only £ 35 million but how he was going to fit in without completely changing the system.

You laughing at him too?

I like Mara. A lot. But I wouldn't pay that. And Utd have more pressing positions of need. Smacks of a panic buy as he's not been able to attract anyone thus far. And is now over paying for Mata.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

That's hilarious. Twice Chelsea's player of the year before Mourinho came back, regular squad player for Spain and a consensus word class player, moves to United and he's not that good.

Chelsea were awful in the premiership both years. Never forget that.

And he is a regular squad player for Spain, sort of like Santi Cazorla is a regular squad player (Cazorla even plays more than Mata).

Mata is not worth that much money, but United are desperate.

This smacks of a world class player being available and a club in huge need of a boost correctly spending the necessary money to attain him. I'm laughing because you're calling it a panic buy the squad needs strengthening and one of the best players in the world was on the market what in the world were they supposed to do, pay 35 mil for Andy Carroll?

Edited by SJValleySkinz

Chelsea were awful in the premiership both years. Never forget that.

And he is a regular squad player for Spain, sort of like Santi Cazorla is a regular squad player (Cazorla even plays more than Mata).

Mata is not worth that much money, but United are desperate.

Doesn't take away from the fact that he was, until a couple of hours ago, considered one of the best players in the world.

Spain might have the deepest talent pool in the world so to get into their squad for a major tournament further validates my first point. Also he plays in Iniesta's position so of course he's not going to be a first 11 regular.

World class players are worth that money. United needed to strengthen their squad and they did. How is that desperate?

Well buying Carroll for 35 million cost a bunch of people their jobs and did not improve the club (even if they did win a lesser trophy). We'll see how it ends up for United. I have see rumors (take that for what it's worth) that Madrid is looking to add Rooney...

I definitely think Mata would immediately become one of United best players. I'll let everyone else decide if that's because United's team lacks real quality or if Mata is world class...

Edited by jobaga

Doesn't take away from the fact that he was, until a couple of hours ago, considered one of the best players in the world.

I can assure you he was never considered that.

He wasnt even a the best player in the premiership.

I am not saying Mata is garbage, but you dont spend 40 million on really good players. You spend it on special talents. I dont think Mata is all that special.

Well buying Carroll for 35 million cost a bunch of people their jobs and did not improve the club (even if they did win a lesser trophy). We'll see how it ends up for United. I have see rumors (take that for what it's worth) that Madrid is looking to add Rooney...

I definitely think Mata would immediately become one of United best players. I'll let everyone else decide if that's because United's team lacks real quality or if Mata is world class...

He was world class until this transfer popped up. What's changed?

I can assure you he was never considered that.

He wasnt even a the best player in the premiership.

I am not saying Mata is garbage, but you dont spend 40 million on really good players. You spend it on special talents. I dont think Mata is all that special.

Not being the best player in the Premiership isn't exactly a knock on a player, but he's in the top 10 in the best league in the world, and he is special.

Not being the best player in the Premiership isn't exactly a knock on a player, but he's in the top 10 in the best league in the world, and he is special.

lets step back and take a look at this, shall we...

Bale, Cronaldo, Messi, Iniesta, Zlatan, RVP, Yaya, Ribery, Robben, Cavani, and lets throw a bone and say Suarez.

Obviously that list isnt in any order, but really? Mata is up in that class? really? nope.

lets step back and take a look at this, shall we...

Bale, Cronaldo, Messi, Iniesta, Zlatan, RVP, Yaya, Ribery, Robben, Cavani, and lets throw a bone and say Suarez.

Obviously that list isnt in any order, but really? Mata is up in that class? really? nope.

Zlatan and Cavani are on Mata's level. Just because they're bigger names and score lots of goals in Italy and France doesn't make them better players than Mata, but then again I've always thought those two were overrated.

How does this effect his status as a top 10 player in the Premier League? You mentioned three Premier League players. Also Mata is only 25 and he absolutely has the ability to go from just under the tier of player you listed to that tier. 

Edited by SJValleySkinz

How does this effect his status as a top 10 player in the Premier League? You mentioned three Premier League players. Also Mata is only 25 and he absolutely has the ability to go from just under the tier of player you listed to that tier.

my bad, I thought you were still on that "Mata's one of the best players in the world" argument which you have now stepped back from.

If Mata had that quality, he would still be at Chelsea.

I mean he top 10 in the premiership, but it was for an under-performing Chelsea side.

Edited by JoeWolf990

my bad, I thought you were still on that "Mata's one of the best players in the world" argument which you have now stepped back from.

If Mata had that quality, he would still be at Chelsea.

I mean he top 10 in the premiership, but it was for an under-performing Chelsea side.

Stepped back. How could "a top 10 player IN THE BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD" be more straight forward? If Chelsea had hired any other manager they would have scoffed at any offer from United, City, Arsenal or Liverpool for Mata.

Stepped back. How could "a top 10 player IN THE BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD" be more straight forward? If Chelsea had hired any other manager they would have scoffed at any offer from United, City, Arsenal or Liverpool for Mata.

is it really? or is it what Sky, and the English media, tells us?

Especially in terms of top tier talent.

Edited by JoeWolf990

Since when was the Premier League the 'Best League in the World?'

It's the most exciting, no doubt. Mainly down to the fact nobody can defend. But it's by NO means the best.

'World Class' is such an oft over used term these days. Mata's a quality player. But he's not 'World Class.' By that assertion, he'll be starting for the World Champions this summer huh? Instead of just hopin to make the squad.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Since when was the Premier League the 'Best League in the World?'

It's the most exciting, no doubt. Mainly down to the fact nobody can defend. But it's by NO means the best.

'World Class' is such an oft over used term these days. Mata's a quality player. But he's not 'World Class.' By that assertion, he'll be starting for the World Champions this summer huh? Instead of just hopin to make the squad.

Hail.

He's not better than Iniesta. My lord he must be rubbish then.

is it really? or is it what Sky, and the English media, tells us?

Especially in terms of top tier talent.

In terms of depth of competition it is. Admire Atletico Madrid much as I do La Liga is a two team league. The Bundesliga is great to watch and I had hope it would be on the rise but I forgot Bayern are the only club in the world that get to cherry pick off of their closest rivals. Who's left?