Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I'd like that 2 hours of my life back please.

What a terrible game to watch. Why bother playing that way? Both sides didnt care.

Gonzales was as good as I thought he would be. EJ was terrible. Other than that, it could have been my kids rec league game.

Did I just see David Beckham in an Arsenal kit?

He is just training with them to build up his fitness - no suggestion of any kind of deal where he would play any matches.

Meanwhile to return to the Jack Butland discussion - he has turned down a move to Chelsea as he wants regular first team football. Good move by Chelsea and also I think the right move by Butland - he needs regular Premiership football to continue to improve.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21258729

I can't help but hear that and at the same time hear that Balotelli wasn't going to be dealt from ManCity after the fight.

Nah two very different things. If City had come out and said Balotelli was finished at City and was on his way out it would have meant they would have got a lower fee for him than they did. Beckham really is just training with Arsenal and there is no prospect of him signing with them. Never say never I guess buts its very very (VERY) long odds against you seeing Beckham in an Arsenal side.

I can't help but hear that and at the same time hear that Balotelli wasn't going to be dealt from ManCity after the fight.

ASF, you've just earned your full soccer supporter badge! In such a short time you're filled with the cynicism that took decades for most of us to acquire. I assume it's from being a Redskins fan.

I was "joking" to a fellow Arsenal supporter yesterday that Wenger was quoted that Arsenal are nowhere close to signing anyone—which I interpret to mean that we have 4-5 blockbuster deals on the table. These guys are like politicians, when their lips are moving they are lying.

---------- Post added January-30th-2013 at 08:26 AM ----------

Nah two very different things. If City had come out and said Balotelli was finished at City and was on his way out it would have meant they would have got a lower fee for him than they did. Beckham really is just training with Arsenal and there is no prospect of him signing with them. Never say never I guess buts its very very (VERY) long odds against you seeing Beckham in an Arsenal side.

Strange that he'd be training with Arsenal. Is he persona non grata at United? I know he has history with Ferguson. But London is also where the top UK plastic surgeons are, which is more convenient for Victoria's maintenance surgeries. Isn't that why they moved to LA?

Strange that he'd be training with Arsenal. Is he persona non grata at United? I know he has history with Ferguson. But London is also where the top UK plastic surgeons are, which is more convenient for Victoria's maintenance surgeries. Isn't that why they moved to LA?

They are London based when they are in the UK - dont think Manchester is quite Victoria's cup of tea! Makes sense he would want to train with a London based club. God knows what he sees in Victoria - talk about high maintenance on multiple levels!

Edited by MartinC

I thought the Beckhams had said they wanted to stay in LA a few years ago but I guess things have changed. Now that mini Becks is old enough, I'm pretty sure they'd rather have him taking his shot at youth programs in Europe rather than sticking with the Galaxy.

Good God there's a 'mini' Becks? :(

Ism't one over hyped, limited talent media whore enough for a generation?

Hail.

ASF, you've just earned your full soccer supporter badge! In such a short time you're filled with the cynicism that took decades for most of us to acquire. I assume it's from being a Redskins fan.

LoL! I didn't know we got badges! I woke up to see Beckham in the Arsenal kit on Fox Soccer news there was talk of him "only training" then in the next breath they announced that Balotelli had been dealt even after all that was said about him staying. Needless to say my doubt meter went off.

I was "joking" to a fellow Arsenal supporter yesterday that Wenger was quoted that Arsenal are nowhere close to signing anyone—which I interpret to mean that we have 4-5 blockbuster deals on the table. These guys are like politicians, when their lips are moving they are lying.

I have caught on to the politicing and maneuvering that the clubs do all the time, makes it kinda fun to watch the game off the pitch.

Beckham has just signed for PSG (Paris St German). Paris makes sense - keep his wife happy (to the extent she ever appears happy that is). Not quite sure why PSG are in the market for a 38 year old midfield player but then I dont know that much about French football.

Beckham has just signed for PSG (Paris St German). Paris makes sense - keep his wife happy (to the extent she ever appears happy that is). Not quite sure why PSG are in the market for a 38 year old midfield player but then I dont know that much about French football.

That's not true. She's happy but physically unable to smile any more.

PSG is just "collecting" now. Ligue 1 shouldn't be a terribly difficult domestic league to win annually and get the guaranteed Champion's League spot (top 3) and all the money that comes with it. If you had money for a club to buy players why go somewhere with a lot of competition? EPL? La Liga? Serie A? Bundesliga, maybe but the money is handcuffed there, I think.

Butland's joined Pullis and his band of thugs at Wimbledon. Ermmm, Stoke.

Good step up for him. Trick missed by a lot of bigger clubs.

Hail.

Decent move for Butland, its a stepping stone move for him. I assume he has a reasonable release clause in his contract and that in a couple of years he will be moving again to one of the top 4 or 5.

To be fair Chelsea did try to sign him but credit to Butland and/or his advisors for realising he is better served going somewhere he can get regular Premiership first team football out of the gate. I assume he wil be loaned back to Birmingham for the rest of this season.

Dear fans,

I leave D.C. United after many special years. I would like to thank everyone connected to the club for everything that has been done to help me and my family since I joined the academy years ago. The staff at D.C. United has done more than I could have ever asked to get me to this point in my career, and it is with great pride that I tell people D.C. United made me the man I am today. I must thank Dave Kasper, Will Chang, Jason Levien and Erick Thohir for understanding my childhood dream to play in Europe. A special thanks to my coach Ben Olsen and all of his staff. I came to D.C. United and chose #14 because I wanted to follow in his footsteps. He has been a great coach and more importantly an excellent role model for me to learn from. My teammates have cared for me like a little brother during this journey and I wouldn't have been blessed with this chance without their hard work. Most importantly, I would like to thank the fans of the Club. From day one when I signed as a young man, they have supported me in tough moments and enjoyed the good times with me. I wish the club the best in the years to come and hope to be able to play in front of you all one day in the future.

May god bless you all,

Andy Najar