Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

ManU vs Wigan

Pretty good match so far with ManU leading by one around the 30' mark, but Wigan has been showing some fight.

The one thing I've begun to notice is that it seems that a lot of the smaller clubs can stay with the bigger clubs for awhile, but the averages just seem to work themselves out during he course of the match.

As I type this ManU's Persie puts in a beauty of a goal, just a perfect example of ball handling and execution.

2-0 ManU @ half.

What a lovely goal from a deflection of a ManU free-kick just outside the 18 yard line.

3 nil ManU @63'

86' 4 nil.....it's the consistency of ManU. Wigan has some flurries but ManU just punishes them.

Final

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

Good to see you on the soccer bandwagon, Asbury.

So, the drama at Blackburn continues. Berg was sacked last week after winning only once in 10 matches. The owners keep opening their mouths as to when they'll make an appointment, and the deadline wasn't made again. The caretaker manager, Gary Bowyer, has done well as we've won both matches. In the first victory over Barnsley the fans were chanting 'No one's Blue and White Army' which I found to be hilarious.

Whoever gets hired will be the fifth manager this season. Madness. I hope whoever it is, it's soon, with the transfer window now open. If Shebby Singh is really buying the players then it could be another clash incoming. More of the vets are being pushed to the fringe. Robinson benched (well not even that anymore, he'll be gone shortly I reckon), Pedersen and Dunn can't sniff the bench at times and Givet is probably gone as he's been giving the owners trouble since they've arrived.

Edited by Old Bay

---------- Post added January-2nd-2013 at 05:49 PM ----------

I am watching Arlo White on Youtube right now

My goodness I can't wait for NBC to get the games

He is no Darkey but he shows similar enthusiasm! He's great!

It's like listening to a British Gus johnson :ols:

Suarez with another couple of goals today as Liverpool beat Sunderland 3-0.

They played really well today, and there would have been more goals but for a couple off-sides calls.

---------- Post added January-2nd-2013 at 11:01 PM ----------

Good to see you on the soccer bandwagon, Asbury.

Thanks, I've actually been coaching U6 and U8 soccer for a couple years, but now that my son is beginning to start committing to soccer I've figured that I should begin to learn the game better and more completely. It helps finding that we get the Fox Soccer channel, it's not HD but it is better than nothing for sure! I've known basics for awhile but I know now that I need more about the game to help his coaches and my son more.

Has their been a bigger fraud in premiership football over the last 10-15 years than Martin [redacted for fear of a lawsuit]?

Dude has done nothing with Sunderland and cried about not getting enough money at Villa despite him buying crap and spending the 4th most money in the league during his time there.

And to top it off, he said he didnt rate Zlatan for no reason which has lead to a generation of English fans not realizing how great a talent Zlatan is. They took it from a guy who has a British-based players only transfer policy.

---------- Post added January-2nd-2013 at 05:49 PM ----------

Told you Arlo White is a beast. He has a golden voice too.

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan

Must Be Seen to Be Believed: Kevin-Prince Boateng Kicks Soccer’s Racism in the Teeth

http://www.thenation.com/blog/172009/must-be-seen-be-believed-kevin-prince-boateng-kicks-soccers-racism-teeth

"Imagine for a moment banana peels raining down on the head of Miami Heat basketball star LeBron James when he takes the court. Picture Vikings running back Adrian Peterson having to hear fans sing songs calling for his death because of the color of his skin. It’s difficult to visualize in US sports* but such scenes have become a normal feature of European soccer."

**** this racism bull**** man.

---------- Post added January-3rd-2013 at 08:04 PM ----------

My favorite call of 2012 :)

Can't get it to work. Go to the 9min and 39sec mark.

Edited by boysetsfire

My hat is off to hm and his team, and it is awesome to see so many supporting his protest. It was just simply atrocious.

*watching FA Cup today*

I started watching the Chelsea v Southampton game, and out of curiosity I decided to play as Chelsea on my new FIFA 13 game on my iPad. Whn I started to play Southampton was up 1-0 . I beat Southampton 4-1, and shrugged thinking that there couldn't be much of any kind of an indicator about the game I'm watching.....well not so fast. At 66:45 Chelsea now leads 4-1.

I've never been that into reading the tea leaves via video game match-ups as indicators for games, but this just seemed funny.

Great...here goes the next round of how Suarez is a cheat. I wonder how many times we will see the handball goal and the handball that saved the goal in the World Cup.

but he is a cheat? if you want to get upset at someone, get mad at Suarez for cheating.

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan

Suarez is a cheater, and dont get mad at the media for talking about it.

Where did I say that I am mad about it? I just know its coming. Given his history, we will hear a lot about it. You can call him a cheater all you want, it won't make me angry. I'm also pretty sure you would love to have him on your team. It's strange how we want our opponents to be gentleman and the players on the team we support to be winners. Suarez may not always do it the right way, but he wants to win with every ounce of his ability and will do whatever it takes to win...

USMNT January Camp

Forwards: Agudelo, Bruin, Buddle, E. Johnson, Wondolowski

Midfielders: - Beckerman, Bedoya, Davis, Diskerud, Evans, Feilhaber, Gatt, Zusi

D - Beitashour, Beltran, Besler, DeLaGarza, Gonzalez, Lade, Morales, Morrow, Parke

GKs - Hall, Hamid, S. Johnson

Where did I say that I am mad about it? I just know its coming. Given his history, we will hear a lot about it. You can call him a cheater all you want, it won't make me angry. I'm also pretty sure you would love to have him on your team. It's strange how we want our opponents to be gentleman and the players on the team we support to be winners. Suarez may not always do it the right way, but he wants to win with every ounce of his ability and will do whatever it takes to win...

I wouldnt. He needs hundreds of chances to score, and he is too much of an individual player.

And no, he is a cheater. Why do you want to defend him? He handled the ball to score the GW goal against a 5th division side.

Most players want to win with every ounce of ability, but most of those players are not cheats like Suarez.

---------- Post added January-6th-2013 at 03:05 PM ----------

USMNT January Camp

Forwards: Agudelo, Bruin, Buddle, E. Johnson, Wondolowski

Midfielders: - Beckerman, Bedoya, Davis, Diskerud, Evans, Feilhaber, Gatt, Zusi

D - Beitashour, Beltran, Besler, DeLaGarza, Gonzalez, Lade, Morales, Morrow, Parke

GKs - Hall, Hamid, S. Johnson

who do the US play this month?

Just back from Mansfield, so I haven't seen the incident on TV. But I sure as heck saw it in the ground as it was bang in front of me.

Three things. Firstly, was it ball to hand? Or hand to ball? Sure as heck hard to tell in live action. If it's the former, the rule has the goal standing regardless. This wasn't Henry against Ireland. Secondly, I defy ANT player, pro or amateur, to hold their hand up and admit the goal they just scored is invalid. Even more so with an instinctual striker who's first thought is to put it in the back of the net. It's the job of the officials to spot infringements. Not the players. Hell, there's FOUR of them. Obviously the 4th official saw no problem to not bring the refs attention to it. And thirdly, I will say Suarez looked REAL sheepish in almost expecting the goal to be disallowed. But they deemed it legal, so what's he to do?

I did fell Mansfield deserved a replay for their second half efforts, but you don't always get what you deserve in this game.

But regardless. it's Luis Suarez. A dirty South American racist. (Yeah, I have trouble not rolling my eyes, yawning and keeping a straight face at English hypocrisy too.). The same English hypocrisy that would say jack if it were a current English International this had happened to.

But it's a dirty South American racist. From those low life Scousers who don't play ball with their independent thinking and standing up to the English Establishment. Hell, they don't even consider themselves English. Why can't they follow like sheep like the rest of us and accept all the **** thrown our way? From Militant to the Toxteth riots through their 23 year fight for justice taking on all our institutions when anyone else would of done the honorable English thing and accepted what our 'great' Police force and Government told us. Their just a bunch of agitating.,work shy ***** who have had the temerity to dominate on the soccer field home and abroad. **** them, and stoke up the fires to burn the horrible, racist, dirty South American at the stake. They deserve each other.

I'm being somewhat flip in the above of course, but it's not too far from the truth when it comes to this Country and their attitude toward the City of Liverpool.

As will be exemplified in the new media Witch Hunt this week over a goal, or non-goal, missed by four so called professional officials.

Hard not to feel everyone's against Suarez and his club.

Hail.

Barca feature on 60 min right now. Amazing to see them sing the anthem.

Som I serem

---------- Post added January-6th-2013 at 07:53 PM ----------

Amazing to see the Barca fans and the soccer, what it means to them. You can't have that type of passion in America towards soccer. You just can't.

And no, he is a cheater. Why do you want to defend him? He handled the ball to score the GW goal against a 5th division side.

?????????

---------- Post added January-6th-2013 at 08:34 PM ----------

I dont care about diving at all, until a coach or fan tries to pretend their players dont do it or make an excuse for it. Thats when I comment. The sanctimoniousness of it all.

And I wish Arsenal players dived more, we rarely get any penalty calls despite having the most touches in the penalty area every year,

I guess its all relative...

Edited by jobaga

I wouldnt. He needs hundreds of chances to score, and he is too much of an individual player.

Most players want to win with every ounce of ability, but most of those players are not cheats like Suarez.

---------- Post added January-6th-2013 at 03:05 PM ----------

who do the US play this month?

I believe we have a friendly against Canada at the end of the month, then go to Honduras for the real thing.

Just back from Mansfield, so I haven't seen the incident on TV. But I sure as heck saw it in the ground as it was bang in front of me.

Three things. Firstly, was it ball to hand? Or hand to ball? Sure as heck hard to tell in live action. If it's the former, the rule has the goal standing regardless. This wasn't Henry against Ireland. Secondly, I defy ANT player, pro or amateur, to hold their hand up and admit the goal they just scored is invalid. Even more so with an instinctual striker who's first thought is to put it in the back of the net. It's the job of the officials to spot infringements. Not the players. Hell, there's FOUR of them. Obviously the 4th official saw no problem to not bring the refs attention to it. And thirdly, I will say Suarez looked REAL sheepish in almost expecting the goal to be disallowed. But they deemed it legal, so what's he to do?

I did fell Mansfield deserved a replay for their second half efforts, but you don't always get what you deserve in this game.

But regardless. it's Luis Suarez. A dirty South American racist. (Yeah, I have trouble not rolling my eyes, yawning and keeping a straight face at English hypocrisy too.). The same English hypocrisy that would say jack if it were a current English International this had happened to.

But it's a dirty South American racist. From those low life Scousers who don't play ball with their independent thinking and standing up to the English Establishment. Hell, they don't even consider themselves English. Why can't they follow like sheep like the rest of us and accept all the **** thrown our way? From Militant to the Toxteth riots through their 23 year fight for justice taking on all our institutions when anyone else would of done the honorable English thing and accepted what our 'great' Police force and Government told us. Their just a bunch of agitating.,work shy ***** who have had the temerity to dominate on the soccer field home and abroad. **** them, and stoke up the fires to burn the horrible, racist, dirty South American at the stake. They deserve each other.

I'm being somewhat flip in the above of course, but it's not too far from the truth when it comes to this Country and their attitude toward the City of Liverpool.

As will be exemplified in the new media Witch Hunt this week over a goal, or non-goal, missed by four so called professional officials.

Hard not to feel everyone's against Suarez and his club.

Hail.

It was hand to ball (very quick reactions, though). I want players like Suarez who will do whatever it takes to win. I will not apologise for him and I don't care what other people think about him...

**edit** I do believe the Handball was unintentional, I think he tried to get to the ball and it hit his hand. I still don't have a problem either way....

Edited by jobaga

It was hand to ball (very quick reactions, though). I want players like Suarez who will do whatever it takes to win. I will not apologise for him and I don't care what other people think about him...

**edit** I do believe the Handball was unintentional, I think he tried to get to the ball and it hit his hand. I still don't have a problem either way....

Completely agree, on all counts.

Our end was pretty quiet when he put the ball in the net, as everyone had seen it hit his hand and expected it to be chalked off. As did a sheepish Suarez. But the officials didn't (BR even asked the 4th official who said the ref saw nothing wrong with it); and the subsequent witch hunt yet again is beyond ridiculous.

The suggestion in the media that Luis was mocking Mansfield by kissing his wrist is scandolous. He does that regardless after each goal as his daughters name is tattoed there. Credit to Mansfield and their manager for saying he would of expected his players to do exactly the same thing and would gladly of taken the goal.

But apparently, the dirty racist South American is the first player in football history to handle the ball .....

Hail.

And the Bradford City fairy tale rolls on.

Team from the English 4th tier, having already toppled Premiership Wigan and Arsenal to reach their first major cup semi in over 100 years since they won their only major trophy, the FA Cup back in 1911; now stand 90 minutes away from the League Cup Final after beating Aston Villa from the top flight 3-1.

Magnificent. Again. All the best in two weeks. I'll certainly be rooting for yers.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Suarez is a cheater, and dont get mad at the media for talking about it.

Interesting, I'm watching the dvr of the Westhampton United v Manchester United game (FA Cup) one of the Westham defenders visibly got his hand on the ball inside his own penalty box, the refs didn't catch it therefore no PK awarded yet not one comment from the announcers calling for the defender to fess up to to the handball. Strange at he double standard I hear in the criticisms of Suarez.

Interestingly, I have noticed how many actual former players have supported Suarez saying that it is not his job to call the foul, it's the ref's job.

BTW, ManU wasted so many opportunities in this WesthamU match, Westham does stack their defense, but ManU acted like they just expected the seas to part for them, to bad Westham didn't get that script. :ols:

BTW that assist to Van Persie in the 91st minute was a thing of beauty, kicked half the pitch and it was as perfectly placed as a touchdown pass, just a beautiful assist!

-----then a amateurish shot in the 93rd minute just outside the box that sailed so far and wide that I could have kicked it better, all by himself set up perfectly and bleh......what a let down.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan