Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Wow. Maybe I was a bit premature handed Utd a 20th Championship a page or so back.

Blowing a 2 goal lead against the bitters? At home, with the trophy in touching distance? Just WOW.

And now it's all back in Citeh's hands. Win out, and they more than likely win it with the goal difference and opposition left.

Just WOW! I hate to say this, but COME ON CITY! (Lesser of two evils.).

And no Elessar, I don't think Barca's been 'figured out' for one minute. They won't be as profligate on Tuesday as they where at the Bridge and I fully expect Chelsea to get battered out there. your being a tad disingenuous to Madrid though. They fully deserved that last night and for once Ronaldo dominated a 'Classico' whilst Messi had an off day. If the lil' Argentine genius is saving it for the rent boys, it'll be worth the wait.

---------- Post added April-22nd-2012 at 08:58 AM ----------

Madrid has figured out how to stop Messi. Barca should probably think about getting another goal scorer.

They have the best forward in World soccer currently desperately trying to get fit for the Nations Cup this summer man in David Villa.

Him and Pedro's goals have been a big loss this year through injury. But then they've almost scored a 100 league goals this term so their hardly lacking in that department regardless.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

This, on the back of screwing up at Wigan the other week has left me utterly stunned RR.

Very happy I'm sure you'll appreciate, but utterly stunned.

Although that said it would be just typical of City to go screw up at Wolves now.

Hail.

Even if City blew it against the Wolves I'd still be pissed. This is the time of the year you bring your A game. We should be smelling blood at this point. How the heck you give up back to back goals in 2 mins is just unbelievable. At home no less.We shouldn't need other teams to fall on their faces for us to claim the trophy. We had a stranglehold on the league and than all of a sudden we decide now would be a good time to screw up. All of soccer/football teams are disappointing me right now. Man Utd trying to choke away the title, going up to DC to see DCU draw with MTL(wtf), and Richmond's team getting screwed on a PK last night. I'd do three facepalms right now if I didn't want the headache.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

West Brom's first win at Anfield in 45 years. Hodgson comes back and get's one over Dalglish. Yet another complete and utter disgrace.

Just as you think they can't get any worse, they play another league game and prove you wrong.

It's just peachy being a cup side who's league level is mixing it with the likes of WBA, Sunderland, Swansea and Norwich.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

And no Elessar, I don't think Barca's been 'figured out' for one minute. They won't be as profligate on Tuesday as they where at the Bridge and I fully expect Chelsea to get battered out there. your being a tad disingenuous to Madrid though. They fully deserved that last night and for once Ronaldo dominated a 'Classico' whilst Messi had an off day. If the lil' Argentine genius is saving it for the rent boys, it'll be worth the wait.

---------- Post added April-22nd-2012 at 08:58 AM ----------

They have the best forward in World soccer currently desperately trying to get fit for the Nations Cup this summer man in David Villa.

Him and Pedro's goals have been a big loss this year through injury. But then they've almost scored a 100 league goals this term so their hardly lacking in that department regardless.

Hail.

I hope I didn't come across as pooh poohing RM's performance. I thought they played well. My reaction was to the suggestion, and I don't think it was you btw, that Barca's been "figured out" . . . I think RM's game plan worked, well, as planned for once. But it's been a recurring case with Barca against good competition. They've managed to avoid being exposed for about 3 years now, but they run into teams that will hold them at 0-0 for awhile, but Barca always managed to prevail. The same is true with Spain, btw. Any of these close games, if the opponents converted the 1 or 2 chances they had then there'd be similar results.

It's the "truth" about Barca. Park the bus and try to hit 'em on the counter. But they're good and well prepared to try to break down a packed penalty area. But if you can hold, usually with equal doses good goalkeeping, luck, and poor finishing from Barca, then you have a chance to win with counter attack play. I think it was Jose that showed how to do it with Inter that one year. Two chances and two goals. They let Barca have all the possession they wanted and just waited for the counter.

Meh, it's all good man.

But would this be a good time to mention Liverpool's outstanding record against Barcelona? Not only are we the only English side to beat them in Barcelona (twice, drawing the other two); we've put them out twice in the semi-finals of the UEFA Cup (now the Europa League) and once in the quarter final of the Champions League.

They just LOVE the name Liverpool Football Club in Catalonia. (Hey, I'm indulging in a 'feel good' moment. Deal people!).

Hail.

Bad, bad loss by Tottenham to QPRs. They have the end of their schedule set up to pretty soft qualify for the champions league. Bad loss Saturday.

For one thing, they're imploding visibly. The other is that while they have the lower third of the table to play, all those teams are fighting to avoid relegation.

For one thing, they're imploding visibly. The other is that while they have the lower third of the table to play, all those teams are fighting to avoid relegation.

Yeah, deparate teams.

If they don't make Champions League, I think Bale is gone.

I'm not that up on my EPL news, I root for them from afar and DVR the games if they are on on Saturday mornings, but that would be a big loss if he's gone. He's a good playmaker.

---------- Post added April-23rd-2012 at 03:16 PM ----------

How about Chris Pontius from DC United. Hatrick baby!!

Anybody know if that Chelsea/Barcelona Semi's will be shown on ESPN or CSN?

I believe I saw that it will be on FX

---------- Post added April-23rd-2012 at 04:15 PM ----------

How about Chris Pontius from DC United. Hatrick baby!!
yea DCU played a hell of a game. welcome back Chris Pontius

His first goal was awesome. Glad to see them put up some goals on NY. Also it looks like Hamid has lost his starting spot for the near future. Go ahead, Joe Willis!

Oh yay.

Liverpool have now set a Premier League record for hitting the woodwork in a season of 30 times, beating Utd's 'record' of 28 in 2006-2007.

Does this mean we now hold the title for the least accurate/ most profligate/ worst finishing (add truthful slight here) side in Premiership history?

Hail.

I hear you GHH. This weekend's 'off the crossbar and the keeper' combo from Henderson (iirc) was especially nice.

If they don't make Champions League, I think Bale is gone.

I think there could be quite a few names leaving 'Spurs if they miss out on the Champions League money again. If Redknapp does end up with the England job, he could well leave behind a mess at Tottenham like he did at Portsmouth. He/ they have been spending WAY above their means the last few years. And the way Tottenahm have collapsed ever since the England rumors, there's a good chance they will miss out.

As for Bale, shy of City making a stupid offer, I doubt they'd sell him to another English club. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see Modric at Chelsea though this summer.

Hail.

Oh, never one to predict scores, but 3 or 4 nothing for Barca tonight.

I think there could be quite a few names leaving 'Spurs if they miss out on the Champions League money again. If Redknapp does end up with the England job, he could well leave behind a mess at Tottenham like he did at Portsmouth. He/ they have been spending WAY above their means the last few years. And the way Tottenahm have collapsed ever since the England rumors, there's a good chance they will miss out.

As for Bale, shy of City making a stupid offer, I doubt they'd sell him to another English club. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see Modric at Chelsea though this summer.

Hail.

Oh, never one to predict scores, but 3 or 4 nothing for Barca tonight.

I just don't want him going to Real or Barca (or United). I don't see anyway Chelsea wins tonight. I am pulling for Bayern tomorrow.

---------- Post added April-24th-2012 at 02:20 PM ----------

I went without Ren (she wussed out). It was ****ing cold but so worth it to see NY get their ass handed to them.

when is she going to change her signature? (unless she is from Honduras)