Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

2 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

I mentioned both.

And you keep saying my critique is not founded.  well, this whole thing started with you saying I was wrong for my critique, then literally spouting off exactly what I said as your critique.  You mentioned the exact same player I did (Gundogan) and incorrectly mentioned where DeBruyne played.  The point is though, he DID play people out of position and got it tactically wrong.  It appears you only have a problem with my dislike for Pep and his need to either manage the most talented clubs or go to club that is willing to spend the most money to get him the most talented players.  Preferably both.  

Your point was "Pep can only win with the best players. He is going to ask for more players after this."

My point was, "Pep probably doesn't want more players. His issue is outsmarting himself."

Normally buzzing for the Derby. The one game you look for and want to win more than any other each season. 

Least arsed about this one as at any time in my life I can remember. 

Bigger fish ahead and all that.

Up the (hopefully) WELL changed Reds!

13 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Mad how a lad who is in effect a free transfer is Paolo Maldini. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Of course now that there's nothing left to play for we get to see a Pogba/Matic/Herrera midfield 8 months after they struggled in their first game together against the second best midfield in world football, with Can/Henderson/Ox occupying first place by some distance. 

No injuries the rain/ wet pitch. No strenuous workout. Job done and onto the serious matter of taking another step toward #6 Tuesday. 

And by God just HOW ****e are the Ev? That was like a training match for a L'pool B team today. In their Cup Final. The only bloody game they're arsed about each and every season with this season done as soon as it ended. The Hippo Head factor. And he managed England. NEVER forget that gem. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

The Manchester Derby has produced some classics since City hit the lottery, but I can't recall any derby game that meant so little in terms of standings or trophies being so symbolically significant. 

City should have put the game away in the last 25 minutes of the first half. Not because they ran United off the pitch from kickoff, but because once again Mourinho's United fell apart mentally. When a team is nervous and lacks composure in these kind of situations and it happens consistently you HAVE to look at the manager. Thankfully, Raheem Sterling put on a clinic on how to clear a ball and Mourinho got a new lease on life. Here's where I give him all the credit in the world. At halftime all the talk was about how the team needed a lambasting, but he FINALLY recognized that once again his side was a nervous wreck, and as I was shocked to learn yesterday, he instead chose to calm them down. That's pre-Madrid Mourinho and time will tell if that was an ah-ha moment for him or he'll revert back asap. Make no mistake though, this may have been the moral victory of all moral victory, but it was still just that. Is second place the end of the world? No, but with the players available to Mourinho there was no reason not to at least make the title race competitive. 

On to the second half. No idea what Herrera did to be in the dog house for so long, but that second half was a prime example of why he was undroppable last season. He was absolutely everywhere on the pitch and he's also a mean little p***k on the pitch which was a much needed attitude that had a trickle down effect in the second half. His presence allows Pogba and Matic to play their natural game and gives United a midfield that could be very hard to contend with. Their first game together wasn't great, but it was also the first time they played together and they were up against Modric, Kroos and Casimero. Forgivable IMO. We need more depth in midfield, but I honestly hope that's the midfield trio over the next few seasons. 

It was immense to say the least that it was Pogba that dragged United into the game after Pep's little press conference "slip". Loved the gesture to the fans after the game and loved that he told City's steward's to do one. Even considering how the match unfolded I was astonished at how devastated City's fans were considering it was ultimately a bump in the road on the way to winning the league. This is a club that was a relegation fodder a little over a decade ago, but United are so deeply woven into their consciousness that if you put A.C Milan or Bayern Munich gear on them you could swear you just watched the 1999 or 2005 CL finals. Always in their thoughts, always in their head, always the shadow hanging over them. Their vindication is not their own club, but the club from Salford that haunts them, and it was freaking glorious to see how much it meant to them. 

Here is the bottom line they will NEVER escape. If Liverpool and Man Utd exchange trajectories in 1993, the Mansours buy Everton, and this thread would be reality TV worthy. 

• Like 4

The thing that annoyed me the most about the first half was the seeming lack of desire of the United players. They were beaten to every second ball, outmuscled by the City players, and didn’t seem to have any conviction about them. Our players seemed so soft as if I was watching Arsenal. Of course us coming back to win in the second half was amazing but the point in the match when I was most proud of the players was the sequence of play when Pogba hacked down Otamendi in the middle of the park after Lingard was taken down. Generally not a fan of cynical tackles but I haven’t felt our players have shown that desire for a few seasons now and I absolutely

loved that and it fired me and I’m sure the players up.

Edited by haithman
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, haithman said:

The thing that annoyed me the most about the first half was the seeming lack of desire of the United players. They were beaten to every second ball, outmuscled by the City players, and didn’t seem to have any conviction about them. Our players seemed so soft as if I was watching Arsenal. Of course us coming back to win in the second half was amazing but the point in the match when I was most proud of the players was the sequence of play when Pogba hacked down Otamendi in the middle of the park after Lingard was taken down. Generally not a fan of cynical tackles but I haven’t felt our players have shown that desire for a few seasons now and I absolutely

loved that and it fired me and I’m sure the players up.

I'm not sure it's lack of desire TBH. They often look extremely nervous and agitated during games and they can't deal ebbs and flows of a game. (especially a big one) When a team's composure is so easily knocked of kilt IMO that's when you have to start asking serious questions of the manager, especially when the teams has shown it can play with anyone in England at the very least when their head is straight. It did really seem like they came together in the second half but it was a combination of them being galvanized and being set up in a way that put the best players in the best position. The question of why it took until there was nothing to play for for this to happen. 

Ander made a little messy on his way off the pitch unfortunately with his paying respects to the City logo on the way to the tunnel so I wouldn't be shocked if they slap a 3 gamer on him. Had the City stewards not stood in the way of United players celebrating with their supporters after the game I would condemn him, but F them anyway. 

• Like 2