Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

1 hour ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Big clubs?

Worry about how you're going to get 50 mil for Barkley :ols:

8 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

Saw that too.  Bit of a prick move if you ask me if he actually did do this the DAY BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS.  And he's not even fit to play.  

The censored version... I am completely ashamed of Coutinho right now.  Gutted.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Big clubs?

Worry about how you're going to get 50 mil for Barkley :ols:

Hahaha, poking at you all a bit. I figured that would get a reaction. :D

Hey, I'm hoping Barkley stays around once he realizes no one values him as much as he thinks.

7 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Unfortunate because although I'm not following their news closely, it seems like liverpool and Klopp especially have done nothing but be effusive about their desire to keep Coutinho.  I see FSG is saying he still won't be sold which brings me to my next point....

When a player hands in a formal transfer request you almost have to sell them at that point.  The season will be a complete nightmare for the player and club.  Fans may stop supporting him, bad games will always be down to the fact that he's lost desire...you can make him enemy #1 essentially and there's no point carrying on.  Contracts hold almost no water anymore it's a wonder why they are even still a thing in world football

29 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

Saw that too.  Bit of a prick move if you ask me if he actually did do this the DAY BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS.  And he's not even fit to play.  

Really disappointed in Coutinho TBH. Don't blame the club in any way, shape or form here. They're still doing all they can to keep him. But to drop this on the eve of the season is real shoddy. He's young. He's the Champions League for the first time under Jürgen who took him and a far weaker team past some top notch opposition to a European final 12 months or so back. And he knows full well Barcelona would be back next summer as he's not replacing Neymar long term but Iniesta in that setup. He could well of given another season but so be it if that's what he wants. We aren't lacking with the Salah signing as great a player as he's on his way to becoming. 

Honestly, don't know what to think here. 

Said all along that the only way he'd possibly leave this summer is if he himself agitated for it. Which he's now done. (An e-mailed TR BTW this dinner time? WTF is all that about to go around things?). 

I'd normally never advocate keeping any player who didn't want to be here (Suarez is a law unto himself and would give everything if he playing his kids the garden), but then what good is the money at this point? Although I don't think he'd not be professional like, but keeping someone who doesn't want to be here just doesn't sit well. Really tied but I'd sway toward getting every last penny out of Barcelona. The club still hold all the cards unless he goes into full self-sabotage mode like van Dijk has given his new contract and no release clause to do what they want. (Even if again I'd personally rather get rid of a player who wanted out.). 

The very LAST thing you need on the eve of a new season. 

Hail. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

That's all I'm gonna say.

The problem for me is the leipzig (outside of last season) and Southampton aren't clubs with huge ambition.  They are going to get poached either way, a few disgruntled players aren't going to shake things up so much.  

You are talking here about a 100m rated coutinho at a club/manager seeking to energize their fanbase, not demoralize them.  

45 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

The problem for me is the leipzig (outside of last season) and Southampton aren't clubs with huge ambition.  They are going to get poached either way, a few disgruntled players aren't going to shake things up so much.  

You are talking here about a 100m rated coutinho at a club/manager seeking to energize their fanbase, not demoralize them.  

If you're a club with huge ambition, you don't let a player **** you, period.

Praying for Newcastle to win the league.

Interesting story today from the English Championship where Birmingham manager Harry Redknapp complains about the transfer market and said he will refuse to pay inflated money in the current transfer market.....

How ****ing ironic is that, old back hander 'Arry isn't happy.....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DC9 said:

Dont disagree with the general principle DC, but this has been on the cards for weeks, all this 'day before the season thing' is an aside. He's wanted out by the looks of things, Liverpool getting nailed over here for not sanctioning his move earlier.

Again, don't disagree with the principle.........

Danny Ings scored 10 mins into his comeback game after nigh on 2 straight years out the 23's first League game the season at Swansea. Real nice strikers finish too from a nice knock down from Brewster. Climbed well. Got through the first half unscathed and that's his night done. 

Long, long way back. Just great to see him starting out on that road on a football pitch again.

Hail. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

On the contrary, clubs like Southampton and Leipzig are going to have a harder time signing up and coming players by the way they've dealt with Keita (in particular) and van Dijk.

Liverpool have a bit of a leash cause we've won it five ****ing times.

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Dont disagree with the general principle DC, but this has been on the cards for weeks, all this 'day before the season thing' is an aside. He's wanted out by the looks of things, Liverpool getting nailed over here for not sanctioning his move earlier.

Again, don't disagree with the principle.........

Asked myself a month ago... what would it take for me to let Coutinho go if I'm Klopp?

None have anything to do with the other, but if I get VVD and Keita over the line he can go.  Lallana's knock and the timing of it are unfortunate, though, cause that was our other ball playing attacking mid.

It's going to look ugly the first few games.  I'd almost drop Bobby into the 10 and start Solanke instead of Wijnaldum.  Let Henderson and Can roam the CM area and do more of a 4-2-3-1.... Salah and Mane are going to give Bobby miles of space.  Built this whole thing to give Coutinho several targets to spray to.  If he wants out then it is what it is. 

But I'm not letting him go on Barca's terms, he's going on mine. 

That's the only point I'm disagreeing with you and the English press on.  I want MY price to be met, and MY price is not 90 million pounds, it's about 125.  If Lukaku is going for 80 then that's a bargain.

31 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Danny Ings scored 10 mins into his comeback game after nigh on 2 straight years out the 23's first League game the season at Swansea. Real nice strikers finish too from a nice knock down from Brewster. Climbed well. Got through the first half unscathed and that's his night done. 

Long, long way back. Just great to see him starting out on that road on a football pitch again.

Hail. 

Just missed in the 4th minute.

He's trying his ass off isn't he?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hail. 

Yep. Looking to loan him out aren't you...you heard that or not ?

7 minutes ago, DC9 said:

On the contrary, clubs like Southampton and Leipzig are going to have a harder time signing up and coming players by the way they've dealt with Keita (in particular) and van Dijk.

Liverpool have a bit of a leash cause we've won it five ****ing times.

Southampton make their own to be fair.

Leipzig are loaded. They will be fine IMO.

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Yep. Looking to loan him out aren't you...you heard that or not ?

He's the odd man out.  Haven't heard anything specifically on Ings.

The line is long for Ojo and Kent but I think we keep them for the cup squads and send them off in January.  Kent has been fantastic this preseason and might do well for the first team with Lallana out (off the bench).

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Southampton make their own to be fair.

Leipzig are loaded. They will be fine IMO.

They are still getting credit for Gareth Bale.  They didn't make Lallana or van Dijk or even Lovren for that matter.

They do have phenominal scouts and I wished we'd just buy one or two of them.

19 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Ozil's gonna score/assist the gamewinner, isn't he?

Edited by DC9

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Yeh but that's just the crap that wants to play for Liverpool :movefast:.............:)

Who have they produced the last three or four years?

Not really anyone since we gave them over half the Suarez money for Lallana and Lovren.  They haven't had to.

They are doing an outstanding job finding cheap players in obscure leagues (with all do respect to our Scotties on the board).

That's all I'm saying.

20 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Yep. Looking to loan him out aren't you...you heard that or not ? ......

Ings? Nah mate. That would be utterly pointless. Nowhere near ready for competitive first team football. 

He'll be brought back steadily the 23's under our supervision as he works to getting his strength and fitness back. Maybe he'll be ready the Cups at some stage. 

This year is all about building himself;f back up. not holding out great hope but he certainly deserves all the luck going. Seems a genuinely nice, honest, hard working lad who's had absolutely horrendous fortune with two ACL's both knees the last two years. 

Hail.