Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

17 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Ajax or Hoffeinham looking the only decent trips right now. Sighs. 

Don't want to come back to France (Nice) ? :)

4 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Particularly if it's true he favours PSG. 

I'm wondering where he is going to wind up ? Monaco will not sell him to rival PSG, Real is targeting Dembélé and CR7 doesn't want him, Man City's £220m summer spending spree puts them back on Uefa FFP watchlist.

Edited by FrFan

4 hours ago, FrFan said:

Don't want to come back to France (Nice) ? :)

When I posted that the games were still going on and Ajax were 2-1 up. (Although I had made a school boy error in the fact they'd of been seeded had they won so we couldn't have played them anyway. :mellow:.). 

Nice, Hoffenheim, Bucharest, Istanbul, Berne would be my preference. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

And it's not exactly like Neymar was lacking playing time or moving to PSG to be a more prominent member of the team, heck he's the #3 goal scorer behind two of the best players on the planet! 

seems like he wants to be recognized as the best in the game and it wont happen playing next to Messi. It probably won't happen anyway, but I can't begrudge a player who has ambition. if he somehow gets PSG a champions league crown, the conversation changes a little

• Like 2

Just now, StillUnknown said:

seems like he wants to be recognized as the best in the game and it wont happen playing next to Messi. It probably won't happen anyway, but I can't begrudge a player who has ambition. if he somehow gets PSG a champions league crown, the conversation changes a little

Messi is in the discussion for the greatest soccer player OF ALL TIME...Neymar is fighting to be the greatest right now? I get ambition, but this seems more like a money move to me. I can't fault him for that either, but if it's that then it's not about his place in history.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Messi is in the discussion for the greatest soccer player OF ALL TIME...Neymar is fighting to be the greatest right now? I get ambition, but this seems more like a money move to me. I can't fault him for that either, but if it's that then it's not about his place in history.

its definitely about money, its nonsensical to think otherwise.  

Money and ambition seem to line up in this case though. its all dependent on the champions league crown , if he wins going through Messi & Ronaldo, and others, I think he receives more credit to his legacy than he would if he stays at Barca and collects more trophies

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

Way to take a MASSIVE step down in your career Neymar. 

With Messi and Suarez both in their 30's, you'd of got the individual limelight all to yourself at a truly big club in a few years. Instead of taking the money to step down to a no-mark club, who are only currently relevant down to Qatari money. 

But hey, you'll be even richer and be able to massage your ego dominating in a no-mark league you could walk through in your sleep where the entire spotlight will be on you. 

Good job. Jackass.

Hail. 

• Like 3

Well Hell. That's gratitude for yer! Yer mates sending photies of what I imagine is a boss night currently in Dublin. Whilst you're stuck at home. Having spent most of the day sorting their frigging travel and accommodation out the qualifier! 

Mates. Who needs the ****ers! HUMPH! :angry:.

On 24/07/2017 at 11:01 PM, MisterPinstripe said:

Hajduk Split huh? There's a blast from the past. 

Need to up it a fair bit from the nervy tedium of the last round. Job done like but those were two pretty darn woeful games.

Kind of half want yers to qualify the groups for a kid at work who's 22 and has literally never had the opportunity to go away in Europe with Everton. He's pig sick watching Liverpudlians coming back with great tales so it'd be nice for the likes of him to finally experience.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

So Neymar's move is certainly about money.  He made more in bonus money alone from signing wih psg than he did last year in contract with Barca.  His father from what I understand also gains massively from the deal.  

BUT!  If I may play devils advocate here.  If Neymar does have ambition to remove himself from shadows of the best players in the world and establish himself as the best, what better platform than PSG?  A talented squad with no true superstars that is guaranteed CL football year in year out.  And pretty much guaranteed the ligue un hardware. He is immediately the face of PSG which is, due to Qatari money, an absolute monster of a club now.  THey will pay for their fans, players, and eventually European championships.  I think there's a massive underestimation of how good a deal this is for them.  THey essentially gained an entire continent of followers due to this move. 

Messi I would say has 3-5 more years at the absolute top of his game.  Suarez maybe 3.  That would put Neymar at 28-30 by the time they are both gone... not a lot of time left at that point in his own career to cement himself as an all time great.  While Messi is still at Barca, no one will supplant him as alpha dog on the pitch.  He is their golden boy unlike any other player we have ever seen.

psg just sent a massive message to the rest of world football 

Edited by SkinssRvA
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Uh...:kickcan:

I have always said Chelsea did similar.  It's fair to say though psg and even man city are spending at different levels than even back in 2003 for Chelsea.  But the difference is Chelsea was coming into prominence before roman got here (kinda)!  they had already been top four and qualified for CL before he bought the club. 

But yea roman is essentially the reason for ffp, no argument from me 

20 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

I agree I give him kudos for trying but I don't think he's anywhere near what he or half the footballing world thinks he is.  He's certainly not enough to put PSG over the top.

He's never been the best player for any of the silverware winning sides he's been a part of.... Barcelona it's almost always been Messi or Suarez and even for Brasil this past summer at the Olympics it was Luan.

He's not a killer.

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

If Neymar does have ambition to remove himself from shadows of the best players in the world and establish himself as the best, what better platform than PSG? 

I believe that too, he wants to be the one and only one star of a team. By the way who wants to keep on living as number 2 when one has the potential to be crowned has the new king ? Only time will tell.

If I were him I would have choosen another club to do it, Al Khelaifi has proven his incompetence. I also believe you build a winning team like a house, you start with rock solid foundations. Marquinhos has reached his ceiling, Silva is a crying diva, Alves is no spring chicken, and I won't mention the Sideshow Bob experience.

Last but not least of course it was also about Mo' Money !

24 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

Chelsea was coming into prominence before roman got here (kinda)! 

image.jpg

Just now, FanboyOf91 said:

Remember, German Super Cup btw Bayern and Dortmund at 2:30 PM EST today.

LFC vs Bilbao in Dublin, kicks off in about an hour.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DC9 said:

I agree I give him kudos for trying but I don't think he's anywhere near what he or half the footballing world thinks he is.  He's certainly not enough to put PSG over the top.

He's never been the best player for any of the silverware winning sides he's been a part of.... Barcelona it's almost always been Messi or Suarez and even for Brasil this past summer at the Olympics it was Luan.

He's not a killer.

there was that stretch when Messi went down with injury that he was clearly the best on Barca

17 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hajduk Split huh? There's a blast from the past. 

Need to up it a fair bit from the nervy tedium of the last round. Job done like but those were two pretty darn woeful games.

Kind of half want yers to qualify the groups for a kid at work who's 22 and has literally never had the opportunity to go away in Europe with Everton. He's pig sick watching Liverpudlians coming back with great tales so it'd be nice for the likes of him to finally experience.

Hail. 

Had two from the Blue half under me on this deployment.  One was thick as **** physically and mentally.  I remember walking up to him after he arrived and saying "I heard you're a Scouser," and he looked up and said "Yeh."  I said "Red or blue," and he acted like I was giving him a word problem before coming back with "Blue."  So I said "are you sure about that?" while laughing a little bit.

Anywho, I grew soft on them over the spring/summer.  Nice enough dudes.

And we should all be counting our blessings that you stayed home from this Dublin trip.  Remember what happened last time?

9 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

there was that stretch when Messi went down with injury that he was clearly the best on Barca

To each their own.  Neymar's never done it for me and I'm about as Pro-Brasil as they come on this board.

Edited by DC9
  • Like 2

@DC9 financially Chelsea were in a bad spot that's clearly documented.  But they had a very good spine of players already in place and finished fourth that year, needing a win against the mighty reds to secure it!  In fact, Liverpool had the opportunity to essentially keep roman from buying the club, all they needed to do was beat chelsea.  

5 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

@DC9 financially Chelsea were in a bad spot that's clearly documented.  But they had a very good spine of players already in place and finished fourth that year, needing a win against the mighty reds to secure it!  In fact, Liverpool had the opportunity to essentially keep roman from buying the club, all they needed to do was beat chelsea.  

Is that what you guys talk about in the echo chamber?

And top 4 is now "prominence" when you have no history at all?

Lampard and Terry were both good players in their day.