Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Yeah, I'm told Kenny looks a real promising talent at RB and is athletic/ rangy enough to be a wing back. Quite a few mates would like to see him given a **** and feel he's ready to step up but the word is the Martina signing will keep him down the 23's. 

I like Holgate a lot and like Gomez at L'pool I think he'll be a centre back ultimately. 

Hail. 

Maybe, I would definitely rather see Kenny get playing time than Martina, hes not super impressive. I havent seen enough of Kenny myself to be able to comment outside if I prefer to develop youth.

I agree, Holgate could do well at CB and can see him taking Jags spot be that as the 3rd CB in a 5 back-line or behind Keane and Williams until Williams moves on. He will be forced to play RB due to the injury to Coleman though.

This month is going by so slowly, cant wait to start watching some Everton and Redskins games pretty soon.

• Like 1

@SkinssRvA Going mad over here with numerous guys saying a fee of €90 million (Around £79.5 million/ $105 million) has been agreed with Madrid. 

And that Sandro isn't dead with Matic key to Chelsea's leverage with Juventus. (Which is a double whammy to piss Utd off after Lukaku.).

Make of it all as you will. 

Hail. 

*|Edit* The Telegraph's Matt Law, who's normally **** hot with Chelsea news, is now saying Morata's done. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Matt_Law_DT/status/887699761536487424

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

@SkinssRvA Going mad over here with numerous guys saying a fee of €90 million (Around £79.5 million/ $105 million) has been agreed with Madrid. 

And that Sandro isn't dead with Matic key to Chelsea's leverage with Juventus. (Which is a double whammy to piss Utd off after Lukaku.).

Make of it all as you will. 

Hail. 

Was just coming to say this as well.  That's an outrageous fee for him.  but, I think he's better than Lukaku (or at least fits Conte's profile for striker better) so the fee isn't too unreasonable given Lukaku's price.  I hope he bangs in a hat trick against Mou. 

The Sandro deal is interesting.  It's been reported it's dead, alive, done, never happened...literally all over the place.  I think he would be a fantastic upgrade to Alonso who I think had an underrated season...

Conte just signed a new 2 year contract.  Something tells me Roman guaranteed him some new toys :rofl89:

Edited by SkinssRvA

4 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

Was just coming to say this as well.  That's an outrageous fee for him.  but, I think he's better than Lukaku (or at least fits Conte's profile for striker better) so the fee isn't too unreasonable given Lukaku's price.  I hope he bangs in a hat trick against Mou. 

Agreed. Lukaku's the better goalscorer right now. (Just not against any top 6 side ..... ). But Morata's a far better footballer who's movement fits way better with Conte's Chesea than Lukaku ever would have. 

Put it this way. I'd of not been too happy if Utd had got Morata. Lukaku ..... Meh. Shrugs. Seriously don't see him fitting under what Mourinho requires or upgrading to any significant degree. Just a like-for-like replacement for Zlatan but not as good. 

I'm personally just happy nobody is bringing Aubameyang into the PL. Seriously think he'd score for fun in this league. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

http://www.chelseafc.com/

Lesser fee than Lukaku (by mere margins) so essentially...if the papers are to be believed....Utd got our first choice striker and we got theirs.  

Something tells me these twitter ITK guys know absolutely nothing.  

5 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

So this is kinda' mad: WATCH: The Leicester v West Brom 'ABBA' penalty shootout | Football News | Sky Sports

Really don't see what's ever been wrong/ unfair with the straight 'you take one, we take one' format. 

Hail. 

Gotta be the fault of the millennials!   

• Like 1

Dowell has me excited, think he could be a really good player. We have a decent number of youngsters that look to have some real quality.

9 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Would rather take my chances with Morata over Aubamayang if I want to win trophies.

Aubamayang can miss some sitters, but if he cost 20+ million less I would definitely take him. We wouldnt be on his rader, but I would have no problem paying 70 million for Auba, of course I think he also fits Koemans style better than a forward like Lukaku.

• Like 3

Seeing the fee for Morata is somewhere around 60m pounds.  Sorry, don't know how to mark the pound, silly american.  That's 15m less than lukaku.  If true, much better business than i initially thought.  

As far as Auba goes, he's a fantastic talent.  But there's a couple things to consider: he's 28 so there's less sell-on value.  Next, he fits a very certain play style, and requires good service.  He relies on his pace, which is great he's got loads like Desean Jackson, but at some point that's going to go.  IMO he doesn't fit the playstyle of a lot of BPL teams, many of whom require someone for link up play and some back to the goal prowess, which PAE doesn't really have.  All that said yea in this market 70m for him isn't the worst.   

28 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Would rather take my chances with Morata over Aubamayang if I want to win trophies.

Really? Personally, think PEA was the best available striker the market this summer. Top notch proven quality already who's just about to come into his prime. 

I like Morata a lot from even the limited games I've seen him and think he's a fine footballer who when he consistently adds the goal numbers (I know, he started last year but there's so many easy picking in La Liga I struggle to take much of Real and Barca's crazy stats seriously), will be right up there. But for me Aubameyang is the complete package already. 

I'd rather Chelsea not be replacing Costa with Morata. (Looks the perfect fit to grow into what Conte requires. So versatile and his movement makes Lukaku being their top want a real head scratcher. Along with having great faith in Conte for having great faith in him a Juve.).  But I'm darn happy personally Aubameyang isn't going to be in the PL anytime soon. DARN happy. 

Hail. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Skip the first half. Palace just packs it in, sometimes with all 11 in the defensive third. More things change, more they stay the same... Can't believe they'd play like that an exhibition though.

Second half cracker from Solanke off a nice layoff from Origi. Grujic with a howler from way out made the keeper work, and Kent almost snuck one in off a nice slicing run. Origi gets the second when it falls to his foot after Phil cuts up the Palace defense.

Liked what I saw from Kent. Needs to tidy up some, but he's a talent. Flanno has no place on this team, unfortunately for the local lad, he's just not talented enough for this level, IMO. Red's depth showed, as they outclassed Palace second half when they finally started subbing out. That with no Mane too!

Because I just aren't as laconic as you and I'm currently bored at work .....

So, having got around to watching the Palace game yesterday evening, a few observations:

Pretty slow paced game outside of a few notable flashpoints. But that's understandable I guess with such ridiculous heat and humidity that they have in Hong Kong, even at night. (Couple of long water breaks middle of each half). Along with a pitch that was far from the best after all the monsoon like rain the past 3 or 4 days. Palace be Palace regardless of the manager. Sitting in for virtually the whole game and defending deep in their new 5 at the back system. In a friendly. Nothing like trying to entertain your hosts. de Boer has a massive job on there to change that mentality. The rules of the Asia Cup are a bit extreme for the summer. Only 22 men squads. The weird new penalty situation. And only being allowed 4 subs at a time. (10 in all). I get that through the game to stop big, disruptive changes. But when you want to play to outfield teams each half it leads to the mad situation, like L'pool id, of 4 on HT, 4 on 2 mins later, and another 2 on a few minutes after that. The orange kit is actually quite sharp and Barca-esq. Not half as bad as first feared. 

And a special shout out to the Hong Kong Reds for the Lucas tribute. It's always great when you see far flung fans trying to take on as much Scousness if you like that they can to feel connected. But for the to organise, on short notice, a standing ovation tribute on 21 minutes with the Lucas banners was great to see. Boss fans whichever part the World. Who as you'd expect dominated virtually all the stadium. 

On the pitch:-

First Half. 4-3-3. Few noticeable standouts- 

The Man, The Myth, The Living LEG-END Joe MF Gomez: Ok, only a friendly and Palace were more defensive than offensive but the partnership between him and Matip (who interestingly was on the left side with Joe the right) handled them and Benteke as well as well we have in living memory. And man has he bulked up! (Without losing any of his pace or ability on the ball.) He looks like a tank! Back to looking like the ridiculous prospect we signed before the injury now he's fully healthy again. Which is a massive boost as Klaven shouldn't be anywhere above 5th choice next year after a new guy is signed and down to limited games. 

Henderson's passing has been sorely missed. Spraying it all over first half. Long may he stay on the park. 

Noticeable they looked for the outlet of Trent all half rather than Moreno. Really taking the chance to shine with both hands whilst Clynes' carrying the knock. And he had a real good test in the excellent Zaha he came out of well. 

Ben Woodburn deeper inside again for the third game. He's also noticeably grown and filled out since last year and is looking the part with his technique, vision and quick thinking inside. His games should double this year at least. 

Mo Salah ..... Is f-ing RAPID! Obviously SO much more to him. But the way he's burning lads off with ease ..... WHOLE new dimension to have that coming at you twice over next year. 

Second Half. As far as I could tell, switched around from 4-3-3 through 4-2-3-1 through 4-4-1-1 at times with Dom Solanke in behind Origi

Dom Solanke looking like a real promising addition. Big, strong, always moving and more importantly, a natural finisher. One touch/ turn, bang. Which resulted in his great first goal. 

The pace picked up a lot with the introduction of Phil and Milner. Phil already looks in league sharpness/ shape. 

And Ryan Kent another very good outing the right. There might just be a career at Anfield for him yet with this kind of a leap from last summer. 

Oh, Gruijic needs to control his aggression. Again his overall half was decent but he does like to a leave a foot in a little too hard at times. Taking out the breaking Zaha that cynically would have been a red in the league. 

Mignolet played the full game. Next to nothing to do bar one decent save. But still flapping at crosses and putting the fear of God in you. Hopefully, Karius is far more commanding Saturday Leicester. 

Up the Red

Hail. 

Monaco updated its asking price for Mbappé : €190 mil ! :rofl89:

Latest rumor saying ManC ready to pay + €50 mil to Monaco for Mendy.

This is getting outrageous and ridiculous.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, JWB said:

Not a Liverpool fan, but really hope they hold on to Coutinho, a true joy to watch when is is operating at full strength.

Coutinho is onf of the true top talents in the EPL.  There are only a few out there in the EPL where the teams that own their rights need to be worried about the big spanish giants coming and buying them.  Two of them are goal keepers...and outside of them I'd really say there are only 5 or 6 left.

Coutinho 

Hazard

Jesus (not yet, but he's got the potential to get there)

Dele

Bellerin

Pogba

With Coutinho and Hazard being the oldest of the bunch they are in that stage where literally every window Chelsea and Liverpool should be worried.