Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

13 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

You don't want to hear about the absolute cluster**** L'pool have put their members through over on-line ticket sales the past 3 days. 

Totally unacceptable isn't the word. 

Hail. 

Redskins do this kind of stuff with their videos, seems to be run by amateurs which is ridiculous for any of these organizations with that much money.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

20 goal season coming for Rooney. Think he'll prove a few doubters wrong.

Im not holding my breath, but would love it if you were right. Hopefully hes rejuvenated being back at Everton, I hope he stays fit.

Not much risk since he was free.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

Although I wouldn't believe Bild if they told me today was Thursday, saying we've opened up with a €65 million bid does connect things circulating as to both Keita and van Dijk progressing nicely behind the scenes. Just frustrating regarding the repeated speculation not really offering anything new with Liverpool going into a complete media blackout mode since the initial van Dijk clusterf*ck. 

Never lost on me either the more times a club feels the need to publicly say someone's not for sale, they are invariably worried he's gone and it's just a matter of price. And it's not like Rangnick hasn't got previous of the same with Mané and Southampton.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BILD_rbleipzig/status/885569283605934081

Hail. 

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

City getting Walker for 50mil. Cracking full back, crazy price. 

Great deal for Tottenham. I really don't see that significant a drop off between Walker and Trippier. 

Makes you wonder why City are so desperate to overspend so much this early? I know Alves has just jibbed them like but still. 

Hail. 

Start as you mean to go on 'boss' :D :

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/07/steven-gerrard-leads-liverpool-u18s-7-goal-victory-first-pre-season-friendly/

Teams for tonight at Wigan:

f05lWx-v_bigger.jpg

Melissa Reddy
@MelissaReddy_
·35m

Replying to @MelissaReddy_
#LFC 
first-half XI: Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Klavan, Flanagan, Henderson, Lallana, Woodburn, Salah, Coutinho, Firmino

Melissa Reddy
@MelissaReddy_
·33m

Replying to @MelissaReddy_
#LFC 
second-half XI: Karius, Gomez, Stewart, Lovren, Milner, Wijnaldum, Grujic, Chirivella, Solanke, Sturridge, Origi

Subs: Grabara, Kent

Looks like that might be a 3-4-3 2nd half but we'll see.

http://firstrows.xyz/soccer/xft-wigan-athletic-x-liverpool-fyz38ad18?l=1840562185

Now THAT was more like a pre-season game after the upbeat fun of Tranmere. 1-1 with some good play early that just lacked that final sharpness, but mostly a slow paced bore. Particularly second half. That said the lashing down rain cutting up a pitch that the rugby fella's had played on Wednesday didn't help matters. 

From the first half team: Woodburn sound as an 8 with his small space ability. Getting a good look inside where he's looked far better suited the 23's with his lack of pace. Coutinho, Firmino and Salah interchanging nicely. Let down by Firmino's wooden touch. Salah legging the Wigan LB from half way and being 5 yards or so clear the penalty area <RAPID> ..... Then scoring after neat play from the two Brazilians. Coutinho, Firmino, Salah ..... Goal. That could well be a theme going forward. Nobody defending the second ball from Wigans goal. Not often that happens ..... Southampton, anytime you're ready to end this charade we'd be appreciative. Ta. 

From the second half side: Uhmmmm, yeah ..... Gomez showing his versatility looking just as competent at RB as he does anywhere else the back-line. Although why Stewart was in the centre and Joe out the right was an interesting choice in the numbers game. Uhmmmm ..... Solanke lively again. Sturridge should have won it. Chirivela tidy again. And that was pretty much that. 

No injuries. Which wasn't for the lack of Wigan's tackles. More fitness. Onto Hong Kong. 

It is interesting to note Moreno hasn't featured at all in two games and 2 different 22's. And Markovic completely disappeared after he couldn't even cut it against a Conference side. Be surprised if Flanagan lasts the summer too. For as game as he is, he's just no pace and needs too many touches for the speed we play at now. 

Up the Glad I Jibbed It Reds!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

A FB signing! And the only reported one since the Fulham lad decided he was going nowhere:

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/07/liverpool-set-make-hull-city-left-back-andrew-robertson-3rd-summer-signing/

Much happier on him for buttons after reading a very informative piece a few weeks back: 

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017/07/andrew-robertson-why-liverpool-fans-shouldnt-scoff-at-interest-in-scotlands-starlet/

Hail. 

• Like 1

As much as I have a real strong feeling for Milan, if Lazio pipped them to something next year I honestly wouldn't mind in the slightest as I'd be absolutely made up for this man:

DE4X-K7XoAAs28j.jpg

This day seems to have been coming for the past decade but every year Lucas has survived and proved even more people wrong with another fully committed season to L'pool's cause. Last year being a prime example. He was gone Inter and then Galatasaray this time last summer. But he chose to stay at the place he's spent a third of his life and where he calls his home. He went into the season as what, 4th choice #6 and 5th choice centre half? Yet he went on to play 31 times, starting in 19 games. All in a non-European season of less games which just shows you how important depth is and how you never know when injuries will hit hard.

Liverpool's 'Brazilian' in the 21 shirt has been, to all intents and purposes, a proper home grown player. Coming as a 20-year-old back in 2007 from Gremio, he and his partner of the time, now his wife, have spent their entire adult life in Liverpool. His kids are born and bred Scousers. And I can't think of any foreign player, save for Jan Molby, who's fully embraced this unique City and it's people in every facet as much as Lucas Leiva has. Even down to speaking with a Scouse twang in his voice. To say he's a cult hero and idolised at the match would be an understatement. Which a lot of opposition fans, and come to that a lot of Liverpool fans not from Liverpool, struggle to comprehend that love for a player who's far from top bracket. But it's down to the fact he's not only given absolutely everything to the cause every time he's been on the park, but the fact that he truly is Lucas Leiva from Liverpool rather than Lucas Leiva from Brazil that he's loved so much. 

I really don't think people appreciate just what a void his departure will leave the squad. Not just as a reliable, top professional you can rely on if needed, but as the major voice in the changies. He's the one player who's always at the forefront of welcoming foreign players into the club and making them understand just how privileged they are to be here and what's expected. The South American guys look up to him so it'll hit them. The young lads are losing the best role model to do what it takes to survive at the very top level they could wish to have. And L'pool are losing one of the few veteran leaders within the changing room everyone respects that they have in our young squad. 

SO much than mere talent goes into the makeup of a football team which too many people tend to forget in today's age in their zest for the very best. 

Bought as a pretty unheralded player from Gremio for £5 million in 2007. A decade of stellar service through 344 games and 7 goals (proud to say I've seen every one of Lucas' rare strikes in red live), and 24 Brazilian caps, he departs for the exact same fee to what will be an absolutely alien life in Rome from the one this proper Scouse family have only ever known together. Not too shabby a bit of business at all. 

I'm honestly as sad about Lucas finally leaving as I am happy at Keita's impending addition to replace that void in the midfield group. 

All the best Lucas lid on your new Roman adventure. Not only have you been a superb servant to Liverpool Football Club but I'm personally proud to class you as one of my own. Thank you. For everything. You'll be sadly missed. 

Lucas Pezzini Leiva. Born in Brazil. MADE in Liverpool. A proper F-ing Scouser!

Hail. 

• Like 1

Awww superb bonus. The Wrap lads have put this out for free with him leaving that was just a TAW player subscriber only pod back in February. Absolutely boss listen that sums up exactly what Lucas means to the Red half of this City and exactly what we and the City means to him. I'm gonna' listen again before I turn in as I'm a nostalgic mood. 

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017/05/lucas-leiva-interview-listen-free/

Hail.