Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

1 hour ago, TeddyKGB said:

For this season, probably 99% hazard stays.  We can sign him to any extension he wants but the problem is when real come calling there isn't much you can do unfortunately.  Costa is the one who is most likely off this summer, which is still a big blow.  

Cahill gets a lot of flak but in general you're pretty accurate with him.  Cahill and Moses are probably the two areas that need an upgrade the most this summer.  There will be quite the spending spree I imagine this summer at the bridge. After Diego costa and oscar and mikel ( and ivanovic) sold in January, we have loads to spend.  Personally I'd like to see Virgil can Dijk, Tiemoue Bakayoko, and 2 of Alexis Sanchez, Romelu lukaku, and Alvaro morata.  

the other teams you mention?  All losers!  :rofl89:Realistically, the end table is probably a pretty accurate representation for this year.  Next year I'd look for both Manchester teams to be better and a closer gap at the top.  Chelsea just had 30 wins in a season, something that hasn't been done in the premier league era...it will be very hard to top that with CL next year.  

Id like to see how the Liverpool contingent fares being compared to the eagles though.  

23 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

Id like to see how the Liverpool contingent fares being compared to the eagles though.  

Yeah- seeing as the eagles haven't ever won and Liverpool is one of the most decorated clubs in all of soccer- just fallen in hard times.  Kinda like the REDskins. 

Hopefully fortunes change very soon for both soon!

25 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

Yeah- seeing as the eagles haven't ever won and Liverpool is one of the most decorated clubs in all of soccer- just fallen in hard times.  Kinda like the REDskins. 

Hopefully fortunes change very soon for both soon!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

And in the context of a vile Goodison Derby atmosphere and the extra fume it caused that day, I stand by that. 

But you can continue to frame this out of that context if you like. 

Hail. 

I havent experienced that and really cant since I dont live in Liverpool, which is why I said agree to disagree. I cant fathom any time where I would be okay with myself rooting for someone to be injured or celebrating it and I will stand by that. It is a context I cant appreciate, but I also cant fathom that changing my viewpoint. In the end its just a game, not worth seeing someones leg broken over it.

Hah I guess Chiefs would be more accurate but again I'm still at novice level knowledge. 

I actually feel bad giving him the dysfunction of the redskins while getting a championship my first year watching. It definitely helped my DC sports curse blues though and I feel proud at least watching and latching from the beginning of the year. 

Oh yeah what's up with Arsenal? Are they as dysfunctional as redskin nation or does Wenger really suck that much? Also he looks like a catapillar in his big puffy jackets. 

Wenger has been riding his past reputation for the last five years. His tactics are badly out of date. He refuses to go for the big transfer signings and instead dumpster-dives, which suits his American owner just fine as 'eternal fourth' kept his investment firmly in the black. With Sanchez leaving, Arsenal are in big trouble offensively as Giroud is not an adequate replacement.

He probably would have done better this year if he has gotten Vardy to sign up; dude has the grit and graft that Wenger's teams have lacked for the past decade.

Edited by FanboyOf91
  • Like 1

On 21/05/2017 at 6:40 PM, DC9 said:

Just looking at yer mate Phil's numbers Sunday which were ridiculous again from deep just like West Ham:

7/7 successful take-ons
93/108 passes completed. 
3 of 5 shots on target with one great goal. 

Honestly, I don't think he's ever looked as comfortable as he has the last two games in a red shirt. Even more so than '13/'14 given he's matured and developed into an even better footballer now with the experience. If you'd said to me the last two games we'd play 2 up with a midfield diamond behind, I'd of had Phil at the forefront of that. But playing him 10/15 yards deeper than Lallana is just devastating. He's just gliding around and past people and completely dictating the whole play. How do you defend that? Middlesbrough and West Ham have tried getting tight and kicking him out the game and he's just dropped his shoulder and rode the tackles leaving him with the whole field ahead of him. Even if you do take him out with a couple of players, you're creating more space ahead with players left free. You sit deep and try cut out his passing lanes, and he's got all the space the World to come forward and shoot. It's like a combined Iniesta/ Messi role for Barcelona. Lads just can't get near him. 

Coutinho playmaking from deep with the whole field and even more quality options ahead of him ..... Man Europes gonna' be another fun filled ride next year.

Hail. 

• Like 2

A few personal 'bests' from this season:

Best trip of the Season: Mainz. Jibbing Barca at Wembley and going Saturday- Monday was an inspired move. Brilliant, relaxed weekend under the baking sun in a gorgeously quaint little German City by the Rhine. 

Best Home Game: Everton. 

Best Away Game: As a game of outstanding pure footie from both sides played at a ridiculous pace throughout, City. And Arsenal or Chelsea is the correct answer. But Palace was a mad day. 4 or 5 hours the Croyden Bear Festival, then rolling into Selhurst, literally, for a mad game of footie in a bouncing atmosphere. 

Maddest Celebration: Everton and Mané ruining their Chrimbo in the cruellest but utterly greatest of ways! Best. Celebration EVER!

Best vocal at a Game: Away the League Cup at Burton. That was an old school, throwback night stood up with 90 minutes constant song after song where we went through the whole back catalogue. Boss to see a lot of the younger lads knowing the words to songs that hadn't been sung in years too.  A brilliant night that.

Roll on Berlin!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017/05/manchester-liverpool-love-heartbreaking-arena-attack-matters-merseyside/

Every single word of that! Superb, from the heart piece. 

People not from the North West, Hell, most people not from England, who are L'pool or Utd fans are conditioned to hate the other set of fans down to the rivalry. They listen to YouTubes, or read fan posts, and it's 'Them Scouse ****s!' this. 'Them Manc ****s!' that. When in truth, if you take the football out of it, we're pretty much cut from the same cloth and get along sound in the main. The past 24 hours I've read absolute imbeciles, to be kind, unhappy at the support that's come from L'pool to Monday night's horrific events. Grating with them that Scousers are there to help. Because of the frigging football hatred that's conditioned into them. When in truth they both align as football clubs and football supporters with each other more than any other club as much as people don't like to admit it. 

Football drives the hatred. Which isn't there in normal day-to-day life. There's a heck of a lot of good people in both City's that go into making both City's as great as they are. Who get on sound with one another. Had some boss nights out in Manchester. Been to some great gigs. Worked with some great lads from there. Because when you boil it down, we're pretty much the same. 

Sadly, some people just can't see life past the football.  Which with a human tragedy such as this, is the saddest and most disgraceful part of it all. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Long n Left said:

^^Thank you! Thank you!

Wonderful start to my day.

Ajax Gan!

Talking of .....

Given Ajax are finally back in a European final tonight for the first time in 21 years, seems a good time to say Giorgino Wijnaldum is my player of the year. The correct answer to that is Mané or Phil of course. But Gini's become one of our biggest cult heroes at the match and I've FULLY bought into that watching him up close haha! 

Gini deserves a lot more recognition than he gets from fans and pundits. He's been superb in the main from his first game. And not just weighing in with 6 goals and 10 assits his first season in red either. He does all the grafting to allow players like Phil, Lallana, et all to flourish and do their thing. For someone that came with a reputation of being a typical #10 with the ego's they invariably carry, with Newcastle fans telling us 'he wasn't a team player/ would go missing away from home/ was lazy et all', he's been one of, if not the most selfless player on both sides most every game we've played this year. He's way stronger than I ever imagined he was. His passing and touch are typically Dutch sublime. He's always playing off the front foot and is on the turn when he receives the ball so the space is already created. Get's forward brilliantly to support the attack. And his work rate is absolutely phenomenal. He allows Henderson/ Can and even Milner to bomb forward at times by just dropping in and doing the donkey work protecting them. He's just a real tidy, intelligent, top ability footballer who keeps everything ticking over. 

I think the reason he goes under the radar is you probably have to be at the match to fully appreciate what he does. You're not going to get him picked out on MOTD as a focus. He's strong in the tackle, keeps everything ticking over with his passing, his intelligence at always being open to receive and play is brilliant. He is Ronnie Whelan. And just like Ronnie Whelan, he's going under appreciated by many who still say 'I don't know what Gini Wijnaldum does?' because he's not blaming them in from 20 yards or up there topping the assists. (Although his goals and assists, not least in big, difference-making games, have steadily increased the longer the years gone on.). But nobody protects the football better in that aesthetically lovely Dutch way. Not just protecting it and keeping it. But protecting it and going forward. This new, deeper role Klopp and co, devised for him this season has suited him completely down to the ground. 

He's one of the most vital cogs of all to me in this side and like the aforementioned Whelan, it's when he's not in the side that you suddenly realise and appreciate just what you're missing.

When we add Keita or whomever to the mix of Phil, Lallana, Gini, Can, Henderson and Grujic, with eager quality youngsters like Ejaria and Ben; the midfield rotation and options game-on-game are as strong as anything in this league. 

And Gini Wijnaldum is a MASSIVE part of that.

Hail. 

• Like 2

On 5/21/2017 at 10:40 PM, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I don't think Kane is great by any stretch. But 29 in 30 shouldn't be downplayed by anyone. 

He'd have bagged 35 in a full season and if he was wearing red you'd be pushing for first not third and fourth.

With 2 or 3 hattys in there against some pretty blah sides.  I wouldn't take him over plenty of 9s in the PL.  I'd certainly have him over Origi at the moment, but Div has scored bigger goals than Kane has, so we'll see if he can iron out that inconsistency.

6 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Maddest Celebration: Everton and Mané ruining their Chrimbo in the cruellest but utterly greatest of ways! Best. Celebration EVER!

Bobby at Selhurst after the chip.  Had his shirt off and was running towards you before the ball was over the line lol.

Not even close for me.

On 5/23/2017 at 4:28 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Just looking at yer mate Phil's numbers Sunday which were ridiculous again from deep just like West Ham:

7/7 successful take-ons
93/108 passes completed. 
3 of 5 shots on target with one great goal. 

Honestly, I don't think he's ever looked as comfortable as he has the last two games in a red shirt. Even more so than '13/'14 given he's matured and developed into an even better footballer now with the experience. If you'd said to me the last two games we'd play 2 up with a midfield diamond behind, I'd of had Phil at the forefront of that. But playing him 10/15 yards deeper than Lallana is just devastating. He's just gliding around and past people and completely dictating the whole play. How do you defend that? Middlesbrough and West Ham have tried getting tight and kicking him out the game and he's just dropped his shoulder and rode the tackles leaving him with the whole field ahead of him. Even if you do take him out with a couple of players, you're creating more space ahead with players left free. You sit deep and try cut out his passing lanes, and he's got all the space the World to come forward and shoot. It's like a combined Iniesta/ Messi role for Barcelona. Lads just can't get near him. 

Coutinho playmaking from deep with the whole field and even more quality options ahead of him ..... Man Europes gonna' be another fun filled ride next year.

Hail. 

He's made for the 8 and he's been a boss.  If we got a Lacazette or a Luan or a channel running forward opposite Mane (Timo maybe) then he's going to be vicious from back there.

There was a stat flashed up on the screen about the 75' on my broadcast and it showed number of passes completed for Liverpool was in the 700s, and it was in the 100s for Watford.  That is atrocious. 

For me, Keita has to be the number one taget this offseason.  I think van Dijk is probably you number 2.  Then get some depth up front and a left back.

On 5/22/2017 at 3:12 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

He's the only one I'm hearing from people I trust that's now done after we clinched the top 4 yesterday. 

Take that as you will. 

Hail. 

Came out that he committed a couple of weeks back so long as we'e top 4.

Not sure I'm going 50 mil for him, but it's not my money either.

On 5/22/2017 at 1:40 PM, SkinssRvA said:

For this season, probably 99% hazard stays.  We can sign him to any extension he wants but the problem is when real come calling there isn't much you can do unfortunately.  Costa is the one who is most likely off this summer, which is still a big blow.  

Cahill gets a lot of flak but in general you're pretty accurate with him.  Cahill and Moses are probably the two areas that need an upgrade the most this summer.  There will be quite the spending spree I imagine this summer at the bridge. After Diego costa and oscar and mikel ( and ivanovic) sold in January, we have loads to spend.  Personally I'd like to see Virgil can Dijk, Tiemoue Bakayoko, and 2 of Alexis Sanchez, Romelu lukaku, and Alvaro morata.  

the other teams you mention?  All losers!  :rofl89:Realistically, the end table is probably a pretty accurate representation for this year.  Next year I'd look for both Manchester teams to be better and a closer gap at the top.  Chelsea just had 30 wins in a season, something that hasn't been done in the premier league era...it will be very hard to top that with CL next year.  

You're so new at this it's adorable.

Tell your mom to save me a plate.

51 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Came out that he committed a couple of weeks back so long as we'e top 4.

Not sure I'm going 50 mil for him, but it's not my money either.

Agreed. But then Sakho plus cash sounds a lot better though. 

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

Bobby at Selhurst after the chip.  Had his shirt off and was running towards you before the ball was over the line lol.

Not even close for me.

*Fan celebration. Our end was just a mass of entwined limbs with fella's kissing fella's and all sorts of crazy ****. (LEAVE IT!)

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Agreed. But then Sakho plus cash sounds a lot better though. 

*Fan celebration. Our end was just a mass of entwined limbs with fella's kissing fella's and all sorts of crazy ****. (LEAVE IT!)

Hail. 

Oh I agree with that then.  Those were some great scenes :rofl89:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

You're so new at this it's adorable.

Tell your mom to save me a plate.

All requests to sit at the table actually go through Conte.  

7 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Sky's just panned round a square in Stockholm and every (generic) flag had every place bar anywhere in Manchester on it ..... 

Must

Resist

Urge .....

Hail. 

What a tragic event over the weekend.  Didn't post in the thread that's already up about it but it's a nice touch to see all the clubs hold a moment of silence prior to training. And when you read about the children involved...just heart wrenching stuff.  

• Like 2

I'm not familiar with Manchester arena size but my thought immediately was oh please don't be old Trafford or etihad because I could only think of in a stadium like that the toll could be. 

On that note I hope Utd channel this into a win. Bayern maybe family but Utd I grew up with with the Giggs, Ronaldos, etc. Many of my buds skipped work to go watch (I couldn't.)