Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Any news on Benzema....this silly season business makes my head spin. Especially being an Arsenal fan.

Also...Galaxy vs Sounders tomorrow should be a good watch.

Up the G's, up the Gunners!

A source who is rarely wrong tells me Arsenal are close to the signing that would make them genuine contenders. We shall see...

SoccerSouls @SoccerSouls   Karim Benzema spotted at @HeathrowAirport..... Is this for real?????? :o#Arsenalarsenal.png

CL8_fBDW8AEyxJy.jpg

This one made me ROTFL:

Benzema has revealed to Giroud that he is very happy to join Arsenal. #KB9

They can't stand each other !

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

Ok, better late than never, the big boys are coming out to play .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKPMfD5wpTI

First game of the post Gerrard era .....

Utd already laid down their marker for 4th. (And Chelsea dropped 2 home points already too. Championship? Hey, it's the first game. International law decrees you're obliged to dream BIG.  :P .).

One thing's for darn sure. L'pool can't afford to start with a loss after what happened in that ****hole the last day of last term or else the **** really will hit the fan, the pressure intensify, and the atmosphere against Bournemouth (absolute disgrace on the PL and Sky that that's on a Monday night) will be ugly. 

Fearing the worst, but going with that excited, first day of the season feeling in anticipation of just how exciting our attacking play could/ should be this year. 

Oh yeah, and did I mention .....

The man, the myth, the living LEG-END that is Joe freaking Gomez is making his debut!  :D.

WE ARE LIVERPOOL!

*Good luck West 'Am at Arsenal.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

If i may be honest...i would much rather spend a few extra coin to go after Pogba...& by a few, i mean another £30mil or so. I think Arsenal have options up front, & i don't believe that Giroud can't get us there, but rather that he can't do it alone. Not too comfortable (yet) with Walcott as a striker, but Sanchez can fill in there in a pinch, & Akpom is not too far behind real PT.

Still...quality depth is what wins the big trophies nowadays. It isn't good enough to have a great starting 11, & a couple of good subs. At least not anymore....& especially if you're competing deep into 3 tournaments/leagues.

Even the Götze rumor sounds more beneficial, if you ask me. I still would prefer Pogba, or even one of the Bender bros., but Benzema would still do nicely either way.

All said, i really think Giroud is underrated for what he does to keep the cogs in the machine working at peak performance. It's not a skill so easily overlooked. Alas...if he goes down (which...as an Arsenal supporter, this is all too familiar a reality), or you find yourself in a match where you need players to create from thin air, then Benzema should satisfy.

Edited by nemocystem

If i may be honest...i would much rather spend a few extra coin to go after Pogba...& by a few, i mean another £30mil or so. I think Arsenal have options up front, & i don't believe that Giroud can't get us there, but rather that he can't do it alone. Not too comfortable (yet) with Walcott as a striker, but Sanchez can fill in there in a pinch, & Akpom is not too far behind real PT.

Still...quality depth is what wins the big trophies nowadays. It isn't good enough to have a great starting 11, & a couple of good subs. At least not anymore....& especially if you're competing deep into 3 tournaments/leagues.

Even the Götze rumor sounds more beneficial, if you ask me. I still would prefer Pogba, or even one of the Bender bros., but Benzema would still do nicely either way.

All said, i really think Giroud is underrated for what he does to keep the cogs in the machine working at peak performance. It's not a skill so easily overlooked. Alas...if he goes down (which...as an Arsenal supporter, this is all too familiar a reality), or you find yourself in a match where you need players to create from thin air, then Benzema should satisfy.

I agree about what you said about Giroud, but not about KB. You all know how much I dislike him :), that said, he's more a player who is benefiting from others efforts rather than making the efforts for the others. He never fights back after he commits a turnover.

He also dislikes Giroud with a passion. Here, I wonder if Giroud would make him pay for what he did to him with team France ?

Arsenal will be so much better with Pogba instead, but it's not going to happen, the dices are loaded.

Cavani would have been great, he's got a big motor, never quits, and opposed to KB he always fights back. That's also his major defect, sometimes he's wasting too much energy helping on defense.

He's going to be disgruntled again, Blanc promised him to make him play more at the tip of the offense. Now with Di Maria in, Blanc is playing him on the right side, which he clearly dislikes.

If KB signs at least you'll get discounts on Rihanna's tours ;).

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

With the talent we have in the back four we shouldn't continue to give up the goals that we have. That's a coaching issue for sure. Keep having lapses. Oh well, I was expecting a loss against a newly promoted side per usual, so I guess there is that. :/

I am so happy the EPL is back.

With the talent we have in the back four we shouldn't continue to give up the goals that we have. That's a coaching issue for sure. Keep having lapses. Oh well, I was expecting a loss against a newly promoted side per usual, so I guess there is that. :/

I am so happy the EPL is back.

Stones possibly on his way to Chelsea, I read.  No Leighton Baines...

When you guys have been firing under Martinez, it's been because of possession and movement.

I take it back... GO HAMMERS!

FourFourTweet @FourFourTweet 1m1 minute ago

BREAKING: Real Madrid have received a €70m bid for Karim Benzema from Manchester City [@tancredipalmeri]

CL91wMpWoAA1p-y.png

Ya'll better not let Benzema get to City...

Stones possibly on his way to Chelsea, I read. No Leighton Baines...

When you guys have been firing under Martinez, it's been because of possession and movement.

I take it back... GO HAMMERS!

For sure, but when we don't have that movement the back four should be more solid. I was reffering more to this being a continuation to last year. We didn't have Baines yesterday but I thought the kid played well. Coleman and Baines are great outside backs, Stones is a great CB, and Jags I guess is average. Not a big fan of his. But last year too many lapses. Same starting the year off yesterday.

If we do sell Stones we better be spending all of that money and then some to bring in some good players. Need more depth and talent across the board, but especially at CB if he's gone.

We played much better in the second half offrnsively, but need to start being more consistent.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

We played much better in the second half offrnsively, but need to start being more consistent.

Don't watch a lot of ya'll, but two things stood out to me.  1) Neismith needs to be in the 11.  Possession is always much better with him.  2) Outside of the screamer, Barkley was awful.  Selfish and a terrible touch/shot, all game long.  I was about to tweet a mockery of Everton saying they wanted 60 mil from Liverpool for him right before he hit that goal in.

You guys always do seem to have a talented back four and Howard looked pretty good yesterday all things considered.

Don't watch a lot of ya'll, but two things stood out to me. 1) Neismith needs to be in the 11. Possession is always much better with him. 2) Outside of the screamer, Barkley was awful. Selfish and a terrible touch/shot, all game long. I was about to tweet a mockery of Everton saying they wanted 60 mil from Liverpool for him right before he hit that goal in.

You guys always do seem to have a talented back four and Howard looked pretty good yesterday all things considered.

I would agree. Naismith was always the butt of jokes under Moyes because he was out wide, but once he was moved centrally or forward he has looked rather good. Definitely helps the attack greatly. Barkley seems to be forcing it at this point.

If I had to choose between the two centrally right now I too would have Naismith starting. You can see the change when he comes on.

Any news on Benzema....this silly season business makes my head spin. Especially being an Arsenal fan.

Also...Galaxy vs Sounders tomorrow should be a good watch.

Up the G's, up the Gunners!

Benzemas agent is in Manchester today. The blue part.

• Like 1

That changes City's fortune for me, obviously.  Top 4 might be just out of reach if they land him...

meh…He's not better than Aguero. Are they going to play with 2 strikers? City needs a Yaya replacement and (central) defenders.

• Like 1

meh…He's not better than Aguero. Are they going to play with 2 strikers? City needs a Yaya replacement and (central) defenders.

Agree with you - assume he's cover for Aguero or part of a rotation. Can't see them playing 2 up top.

Meanwhile its 40 minutes in in the Arsenal/W Ham match - is Ozil on the pitch? Arsenal knocking on the door anyway ...