Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I don't know why anyone would think that Klopp (or any other top European manager) would want to come to Pool.

This isn't anything against the club, but look at the reality. They had one good season last year, and followed it up by coming in 6th (barely). They thought folks like Lambert and Balotelli would make up for Suarez. Wrong.

They are right now where they are supposed to be with this talent - just above mid-table. Barely scraping into Europa league and no real future to move up, now that ManU have sorted themselves out and will spend whatever it takes to stay 4th. No seasoned European coach would go there when there are so many other jobs open that will involve CL football.

I keep telling myself that there are a lot of parallels between Dortmund and Liverpool. That he would want to be the manager that resurrected Liverpool. That he doesn't need massive transfer kitties to be successful. Truth is, most managers will use Liverpool to get more money from the club they really want to manager.

Of all the teams to support, why did I choose Liverpool???

Edited by jobaga

So you can sing and dance to the Kolo song as he's just been handed a years extension.

Think big Liverpool. Think big!

Hail.

I have a feeling that this is going to be a very disappointing transfer window followed by an equally disappointing season. To compound the disappointment, Rodgers will keep his job through January. By the time FSG makes a move Klopp will be managing another team and will be very successful...

You could be Spurs fans....

At least they have Harry Kane and Under Armour...

Kolo renewed his contract, GHH. You can rest easy now that the back line is secured.

He did indeed my friend. The legend lives on!

Makes sense as an experienced head for both depth/ emergency purposes and a great vet. pro to have in the squad. 

To the damning detriment to the rest of them, Kolo is still the ONLY defender we have who has positional sense and talks and organises the rest. The problem now is he no longer has any pace. He shouldn't be allowed ANYWHERE near a Premier League game. 

But as a cheaper, experienced option that can spell players in the cups and Europa League I have no problem with. 

Can't attend to everything in one summer and boy do we have some major holes to attend to.

Hail. 

FIFA Officials Arrested on Corruption Charges; Face Extradition to U.S.

ZURICH — Swiss authorities began an extraordinary early-morning operation here Wednesday to arrest several top soccer officials and extradite them to the United States on federal corruption charges.

The charges allege widespread corruption in FIFA over the past two decades, involving bids for World Cups as well as marketing and broadcast deals, according to three law enforcement officials with direct knowledge of the case. The charges include wire fraud, racketeering and money laundering, and officials said they targeted members of FIFA’s powerful executive committee, which wields enormous power and does its business largely in secret........

The Soprano's 2.0

FIFA Officials Arrested on Corruption Charges; Face Extradition to U.S.

ZURICH — Swiss authorities began an extraordinary early-morning operation here Wednesday to arrest several top soccer officials and extradite them to the United States on federal corruption charges.

The charges allege widespread corruption in FIFA over the past two decades, involving bids for World Cups as well as marketing and broadcast deals, according to three law enforcement officials with direct knowledge of the case. The charges include wire fraud, racketeering and money laundering, and officials said they targeted members of FIFA’s powerful executive committee, which wields enormous power and does its business largely in secret........

The Soprano's 2.0

Apparently "Swiss federal prosecutors opened an investigation into the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups, which were awarded to Russia and Qatar, respectively."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/05/27/409925096/6-top-world-soccer-officials-arrested-in-switzerland-on-u-s-corruption-charges?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20150527

Not seeing that confirmed anywhere here. 

FWIW, I heard a radio debate with the general consensus from Utd fans they didn't want any more attackers until the defensive mess was sorted out. 

Hail. 

From the Sky Transfer Centre:

UNITED AGREE £21M GAITAN DEAL

Manchester United have agreed a £21m deal to sign Benfica midfielder Nicolas Gaitan, writes A Bola.

And the Red Devils will finalise a transfer for the Argentine after Benfica's Portuguese Cup final against Maritimo on Friday.

Apparently "Swiss federal prosecutors opened an investigation into the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups, which were awarded to Russia and Qatar, respectively."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/05/27/409925096/6-top-world-soccer-officials-arrested-in-switzerland-on-u-s-corruption-charges?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20150527

GO USA WC 2022 ! It would be great.

• Like 1

'Spurs apparently want Ings too.

That joint Arsenal/ Tottenham North London spy hut outside Melwood is back up and running again huh ..... ?

Hail. 

*Edit* £ 12 million bid breaking on Sky. For that they are welcome to him. Wouldn't pay that. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Wenger was asked about Arturo Vidal:

He said: "If I tell you I like him, you will announce the transfer just after that. If you want me to say I like Arturo Vidal, yes I like Arturo Vidal. Are we in a transfer mode? I say, no."

The guy that broke the Alexis deal said that the Vidal deal is done so I think he's coming