Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Tell me how the FA have decided against punishing THAT?

His name wasn't Mario.  Just a hunch.

Shawcross and Giroud were at each others throats the entire game. Same goes for Mertesacker and Crouch. Crouch elbowed Monreal in the head and made him bleed pretty badly. Typical Stoke ****e.

Giroud has little breathing room to complain, but he's the type of dude I'd love if he played for Liverpool.

Unfortunately I missed that one, could only monitor on twitter cause we were having a Go Diego Go marathon in my house.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/B7Esu6aCIAEo0EI.mp4

^

Tell me how the FA have decided against punishing THAT?

Additionally, weird that Sterling didn't get anything for his hit last week either.  Thought it was interesting.  We must be in an amnesty period or something.

Easily a suspension for me.

• Like 1

It's ironic you mention Crouch which brings me onto another big man. Andy Carroll.

I'll never forget playing Stoke in the 5th round I think it was of the 2012 Cup run. I wasn't going to bother with the game but decided on the Sunday morning to go and got a spare in the Kemlyn. Between the half way line and 18 yard box. Every, and I mean EVERY ball that was played up to Carroll had Andy going for the ball, and Shawcross not even looking at the ball but playing the man with an elbow into Carrolls back as he left the ground. I was directly in line with him and the lino was getting dogs abuse for missing it. Carroll nust of come off the park bruised to Hell that day. 

It just brought home, from a different position and perspective, just what a complete and utter thug Ryan Shawcross is in the Pulis manner. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Dat World Cup doe....

He gets sad when he thinks of that and looks over at Luca Modric.

Begovic kept them in the game in the first 20 mins. We could have been 4-nil up within that time period, easily.

gotta feel bad for Begovic. Pulls off some sick saves then he fingers in a dribbler on the line.

He'll gain confidence in time. Plus, Ox is playing out of his mind atm...well enough to keep Walcott on the bench.

Dude this ****ing guy HAHAHA

That dude on the right, though... :lol:

110813_vanilla_ice_465_ap.jpg

Confirmed. £ 4.7 million to Dubai.

Good business to all but double our money on a player that played a whopping SIX genes in 3 and a half seasons.

Hail.

Well, cats were getting $2 mil for their expiring contracts and we gave Suso away for free.  While he rots.  On the bench.  Just scoring goals 2 out of the 3 games he played this summer.

Well, cats were getting $2 mil for their expiring contracts and we gave Suso away for free.  While he rots.  On the bench.  Just scoring goals 2 out of the 3 games he played this summer.

I love Suso, but he wasn't going to force his way on the starting squad. It would either be him or Coutinho. I would much rather have Coutinho…he just needs to improve his goal scoring (and fast). I think it's a great move for Milan, Suso and Liverpool

I love Suso, but he wasn't going to force his way on the starting squad. It would either be him or Coutinho. I would much rather have Coutinho…he just needs to improve his goal scoring (and fast). I think it's a great move for Milan, Suso and Liverpool

That's the problem.  Coutinho is a CAM.  Suso is a RM or a winger.  Rodgers doesn't know his ass from his elbows anymore.

****ing Henderson is playing RW these days when Gerrard starts.

That's the problem.  Coutinho is a CAM.  Suso is a RM or a winger.  Rodgers doesn't know his ass from his elbows anymore.

****ing Henderson is playing RW these days when Gerrard starts.

Coutinho can't play CAM until Stevie moves to LA. Right now, Stevie is playing advanced with Lucas behind him. As I previously posted, I believe they will play Coutinho in a central advanced role with Can and Hendo behind him with Sterling and Lallana on the wings. Suso is not breaking in to that side. If they go 2 strikers one of those midfielders would sit…my guess would be Can or Coutinho with Lallana slotting behind the strikers. 

I think you and GHH are being too harsh on BR. I think he is actually turning it around. If Stevie G thinks you have a great mind for the game, who am I to disagree?

Do I like the system? No

Do I like always like his starting line up? No

Are they within striking distance of the Champion's League? Yes

Did they get here without their top two scoring threats (Sturridge and Lallana)? Yes

He has earned the right to manage this year without fear for his job. 

I'll paraphrase a man much smarter than me, "If you can't support him when he is struggling, don't support him when he's successful"

He will have my support (not blind support) until he is no longer the manager….YNWA

**edited for grammar and spelling, not content

Edited by jobaga
  • Like 1

Coutinho can't play CAM until Stevie moves to LA. Right now, Stevie is playing advanced with Lucas behind him. As I previously posted, I believe they will play Coutinho in a central advanced role with Can and Hendo behind him with Sterling and Lallana on the wings. Suso is not breaking in to that side. If they go 2 strikers one of those midfielders would sit…my guess would be Can or Coutinho with Lallana slotting behind the strikers. 

I think you and GHH are being too harsh on BR. I think he is actually turning it around. If Stevie G thinks you have a great mind for the game, who am I to disagree?

Do I like the system? No

Do I like always like his starting line up? No

Are they within striking distance of the Champion's League? Yes

Did they get here without their top two scoring threats (Sturridge and Lallana)? Yes

He has earned the right to manage this year without fear for his job. 

I'll paraphrase a man much smarter than me, "If you can't support him when he is struggling, don't support him when he's successful"

He will have my support (not blind support) until he is no longer the manager….YNWA

**edited for grammar and spelling, not content

That's all well and good but he's not got much wiggle room with me when he's the one who chose to bring in Rickey Lambert as his first signing with the Champions League money.

He's also not giving Balotelli a legit shot and then ****es that Balo doesn't fit his style.  When for 2 million more we could've had Wilfried Bony and for 6 million less we could've had Loic Remy.

He's also playing Can at CB - after spending almost 30 mil on Dejon Lovren.  A midfielder... at CB.

All of his problems save for the injuries are his fault, and he had enough money to address all of that and he did it poorly (I say mainly with Lambert and Lovren - I'm more than fine with the other signings).

And btw, half the BPL is within striking distance of the 4th spot.  That's not a mark of honor, that's the luck of the draw and a sign that the league is down save for two teams this year (City and Chelsea).

The Lambert signing was never supposed to be more than a late game replacement and the occasional league cup. Maybe they (whoever is on the 'transfer committee') should have anticipated Sturridge and Lallana's injuries (given their history with injuries) and loaded up on strikers and attacking midfielders. They do not have bottomless funds, so they aren't going to do that. While the Lovern signing has proven to be bad so far and I am not a big fan of playing Can at center back in a back three (which I don't like either), but I like his willingness to try new things. I like the fact that he is not going to keep putting Lovern out there. I like the fact that he benched Mignolet. I like the fact that he went with no striker because the strikers have been abysmal. He is piecing this team together. Balotelli isn't playing because he was selfish and lazy on the pitch. He wasn't making runs. He wasn't contributing out there. He has playing better as of late, but he is not being handed anything. I like that everyone has to earn their time. I agree that this is an off year in the league, but I am impresses that they are still in the hunt despite all the goals they have lost from Lallana and Sturridge. You don't have to agree with me, but I think he will get this team right.

We're good there than j because after Madrid, when he lost me, I don't intend supporting him however successful he may become. 

FWIW, I stand alone in actually wanting him out among fellow reds I know (although there are a lot of match going fans who have been openly calling for him to go Make of that what you will); but NOBODY I know is happy with his stubbornness in refusing to adapt his system/ playing players out of position/ playing players who scarcely deserve to play/ the utter embarrassing B/S he's been coming out with to the media on a weekly basis this year et all. 

As much as I'm calling for his head on here, here is where it stays in the main. You'd never get more than a 'oh **** off Rodgers will yer' shout at his latest mind baffling selection/ substitution from me. Openly calling for a manager to go at the game has never been our style is still not looked upon as the done thing. Even Hodgson never got that. He just never got any support. 

And I completely and utterly disagree on Balotteli. He's had chances my pasty white ass. He's had games. But he's been played utterly wrong in most all of them. The ONLY game we've clicked like last year, was Tottenham. Incidentally the ONLY game Sturridge and Mario have played together. And just about the only game Mario's had a partner to play off. The utter hypocritical B/S BR come out with before Chrimbo that Mario just doesn't fit the system was incredulous given he'd repeatedly ****ing stuck him out there to that point, in a role even the Italian openly admits he's never gonna' flourish in, with zero midfield support to boot. 

Rodgers forte supposedly is that of a coach. A tracksuit manager. Well to me, regardless of who actually bought the players, a good coach adapt's his system to fit the players at his disposal. NOT continue trying to fit square pegs into round holes which he did until things got SO bad he was left with little option but to change to the current tactics. Which even then he can't resist but play players TOTALLY out of position. 

Like DC9 say's, most all of this season's problems are of his OWN making. Last year is looking more and more like the exception with the goals of Suarez and Sturridge covering his major flaws. I'm sick of hearing from many 'he's earned the right to another year after last season' ..... like 1 good season out of three makes everything better. Last year was last year. Doesn't matter if we'd won the league last year. It matters little when the new season rolls around and everyone starts on the same level footing. Yeah, we're on an unbeaten run and are closing on the European places. But have ANY of those games filled you with confidence that we've turned the corner? 

He's going nowhere until the summer at least. If we win the League Cup he'll of bought himself another year. I know that. You know that. 

But that's not gonna' stop me calling for his head game on game in here. 

Hail. 

when is sturridge back?

i'd like to see what that partnership brings with mario so that we know what we have or don't have in mario.

in terms of transfers for the reds, we spread our suarez cash over a ton of young up and coming players with potential. i don't want to see us spend $30m on three players ($10m each)- i'd want to see us spend that $30m on one stud that draws the attention of the opponents. we need quality now and not quantity (and i know rodgers needed more players to handle champions league play). i'm not sure who that quality is (higuan?)...

How was Shawcross? Who is by far and away the dirtiest, most underhand thug in the entire league. 

Stoke have been this way since Pullis instilled the attitude. They are the modern day Wimbledon. Hughes has them playing more football but the thuggery still remains. 

Hail. 

Blackburn were considered by some to be somewhat thugish under Hughes (at least were generally leaders in cards).  I don't think he minds.

And I completely and utterly disagree on Balotteli. He's had chances my pasty white ass. He's had games. But he's been played utterly wrong in most all of them. The ONLY game we've clicked like last year, was Tottenham. Incidentally the ONLY game Sturridge and Mario have played together. And just about the only game Mario's had a partner to play off. The utter hypocritical B/S BR come out with before Chrimbo that Mario just doesn't fit the system was incredulous given he'd repeatedly ****ing stuck him out there to that point, in a role even the Italian openly admits he's never gonna' flourish in, with zero midfield support to boot. 

Hail. 

While we will disagree on BR and Balo, we both agree on Sturridge. Daniel makes this team much, much better. He has the pace, movement, creativity and finishing that this team desperately needs. Balo isn't a lone striker in this pass and move system. He doesn't move or pass that much (I don't care if he doesn't pass that much). When he does move, it is to drift of to the side to get more space…not making runs for his teammates. So that begs the question: Who can you pair him with besides Sturridge? The answer is: No one on this team. Not Lambert. Not Borini. Not any of the midfielders forced to play striker. He is a two striker player without a partner. I think you will see him at his best (for Liverpool) when Sturridge comes back or if they add a partner in the window (don't hold your breath). 

You think BR is stubborn. I would say he's exactly the opposite. He is willing to change his formation and sit 'big' signings if it is needed. He loves his philosophy of pass and move and generally sticks to it, but I have seen him go more direct (maybe not as much as soon would like). While I don't like Can playing centerback, I do like him playing. I hope he eventually displaces Lucas. No one likes Hendo on the right, but I know you don't want Glen out there and Manquillo is still learning. Just curious: What do you see as their best line up?

I think you will see the team that you wanted to see (and expected to see) very soon. When Daniel comes back and Lallana gets fit, you will see a very attractive brand of football and a team that will scare other teams. Keep the faith!!

when is sturridge back?

i'd like to see what that partnership brings with mario so that we know what we have or don't have in mario.

in terms of transfers for the reds, we spread our suarez cash over a ton of young up and coming players with potential. i don't want to see us spend $30m on three players ($10m each)- i'd want to see us spend that $30m on one stud that draws the attention of the opponents. we need quality now and not quantity (and i know rodgers needed more players to handle champions league play). i'm not sure who that quality is (higuan?)...

I agree, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a new striker (outside of Sturridge and Origi). I hope to see a keeper and a defender in this window. I expect a push for a big transfer in the summer as a replacement for Stevie G Edited by jobaga