Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

So the loaded midfield (that I wanted a couple of pages back) hid the defensive issues with possession on the ball.

The Markovic to Hendo to Sterling goal was the most patient I'd seen since Suarez and Sturridge last year.  Excellent movement and patience to bring everyone over to one side and find Hendo at the back post and Sterling late. 

A 52 pass build up no less:

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/liverpool/9611296/liverpool-the-pass-masters

Pathetic to ban Mario for a game. But this is the era and climate we now live in.

Hail.

• Like 1

Play a three in England, with either no natural attacking fullbacks/ wingbacks wide of them or no natural wingers who won't track back and defend; and you'll get ripped to shreds defensively.

You'll be great going forward, but equally as open at the back.

Best hope you're gonna' score more than the opposition and be prepared to concede a lot.

Exciting but risky.

Hail.

That's why you would play the possession game.  Sure it's risky.  If you get a lead you bring in Manquillo and Moreno or Johnson or Flanno or whoever and now your 5 back and can still play possession.

I run it in FIFA with Ibe and Yedlin, lol.  I think we could do it in real life but we would have to be willing to sit on the ball at the back a bit like we did a few times yesterday.  But we just get impatient so easily.  And I'm fully aware that Premier League sides would take us to task harder than Bournemouth did, but I honestly think this is the best formation for this group.

A 52 pass build up no less:

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/liverpool/9611296/liverpool-the-pass-masters

Pathetic to ban Mario for a game. But this is the era and climate we now live in.

Hail.

Unfortunately I can't access that in the US lol.  Don't want to share your greatness eh?

Brilliant move though.  When that went in I was just "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh". :lol:

Yeah, forgot Balo was out.  Hopefully he continues to build on the United performance against the fightin' Wengers

What in the World makes you think a striker will start Sunday?

The genius that is BR has already decided Sterling can play up on his own so we're apparently set.

Hail.

To be fair, does he really have a choice? Lambert and Borini isn't exactly SAS...

Because we all need cheering up:

First up, for our Arsenal friends, take 50 minutes or so, plump up a cushion, and enjoy your finest hour in winning, against all the odds on the night, the final game Championship decider at Anfield back in 1989:

Full second half and the Championship presentation. And note the WHOLE ground staying behind to applaud the team that just deprived us, on our own pitch, of another League and Cup double after all the trauma we'd been through that year. A young GHH stood on the Kop, crying, singing 'Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal' after. Tell me ONE other ground you'd pof gotten that? Never forget that boys when it comes to Liverpool FC and it's fans when we argue on here.  

And just to level it up, Cardiff 2001 and our second treble winning season. Completely and utterly played off the park by Arsenal (Henchoz playing 'goalkeeper' :lol:), but two late stunners from Michael Owen (THAT ball from Paddy Berger for the winner); and the best celebration ever. We OWED you that for '71, '87 and '89.

God I REALLY miss Cardiff finals. That stadium is just wonderful.

Good luck Sunday. Here's to a great game of footie.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Leeds and Forrest also in on the FFP embargo.  What do you think Morrison J, MartinC and that one Forrest fan I know is floating about?

http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2014/championship-financial-fair-play-season-201314-submissions-2144136.aspx

It really is such a corrupt system. Relegated teams coming down with pockets full are not effected one bit..

Leeds are in a total mess now as it stands. Relegation fears are getting more realistic by the week. 

Honestly no idea how this transfer embargo plays out but it's been made increasingly clear though to all Leeds fans that the Football League as an organization are as corrupt as they come. 

Bournemouth's losses as a % of turnover are higher than Leeds' so I struggle to understand how they escape free of any ban. 

Makes me wonder if the FL has some self interest in keeping the likes of Blackburn, Notts Forest and Leeds in the FL over other clubs such as Bournemouth. Probably the three biggest clubs in the Football League, providing viewing figures, revenue etc. 

• Like 1

A little harsh on some of those that still have time to develop but a very depressing picture overall.

Where do you currently stand on BR j, all things considered?

Hail.

I have mixed feelings. I think he is a good man manager and I like his free-flowing style. I don't like his team selection (but I don't watch the boys in training) I don't trust his eye for talent in the transfer market…But, he also isn't going after 30+ million worldies either. I'm not sure how many managers would be successful with this team (I understand that he had a lot to do with how it was constructed). He lost Suarez (who is irreplaceable) to transfer, Sturridge and Lallana to injury. That is the best player from last year and your two expected top scorers for this year. He sacrifices defense for offense with his tactics. They create chances, but can't finish. If they can't score their defense gets exposed. They need to start scoring again. I think he has earned the right to finish out the year. I think he can turn it around (they are definitely within striking distance of the Champion's League). He needs the full backing of FSG and a good January window (striker, keeper and central defender). He has earned the support of the fans and team. If he can't get back into the Champion's League and/or win some silverware, sack him at the end of the season.

Edited by jobaga

Here's another one (gossip):

"Liverpool are prepared to make a £50m bid for Real Madrid's French forward Karim Benzema, 26, in the January transfer window." WTH ?!!!!

LOL he's 27 not 26.

I saw that. They have been linked with every and any striker out there. I don't see them paying that much for anyone.

Here's another one (gossip):

"Liverpool are prepared to make a £50m bid for Real Madrid's French forward Karim Benzema, 26, in the January transfer window." WTH ?!!!!

LOL he's 27 not 26.

why do people think Madrid will sell Benzema? All he does is score and they have won the champions league with him leading the line. On top of that, he is a Perez buy and a big time Perez guy. Benzema is not going anywhere. Especially not in no damn January window lol.

This has been put out in some form for the last 18 months, and it makes no sense to me. Madrid doesnt have a Benzema replacement and on top of that, there arent that many top strikers that are better than Benzema available. (Why? because there really arent that many out there)

I am really tired of seeing "Benzema to..."

and that wasnt aimed at you FrFran, but to the rags who keep reporting this crap.

• Like 1

why do people think Madrid will sell Benzema? All he does is score and they have won the champions league with him leading the line. On top of that, he is a Perez buy and a big time Perez guy. Benzema is not going anywhere. Especially not in no damn January window lol.

This has been put out in some form for the last 18 months, and it makes no sense to me. Madrid doesnt have a Benzema replacement and on top of that, there arent that many top strikers that are better than Benzema available. (Why? because there really arent that many out there)

I am really tired of seeing "Benzema to..."

and that wasnt aimed at you FrFran, but to the rags who keep reporting this crap.

It's not the most ridiculous transfer rumor I have seen or will see in the future. Transfer rumors are fun, but most are a complete fabrication.

It's not the most ridiculous transfer rumor I have seen or will see in the future. Transfer rumors are fun, but most are a complete fabrication.

it makes no sense.

THe only way I can see them selling Benzema is if Aguero becomes available. Thats it. They dont want Cavani, Falcao, or any of these other pretenders.

And thats nt saying Benzema is even that great. I think he is a tad bit overrated, but if you look around the sport, top strikers are not as abundant as int he past. The ones that do are not attainable, even for Madrid.

• Like 1