Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sleep Number Mattresses

method man

My parents had one that last several years and they were happy with it. My dad's had 2 back surgeries and needs a harder mattress than my mom...which what the reason they got it. I think they are in the process of buying a new one now. So I guess if they have stuck with theirs, they'd recommend it.

Mine has helped my back tremendously. The adjustability feature is great: I can adjust my side to compensate when my back is flaring up, or for when I gain/lose weight, and never wake up with a sore back.

That said, it's not for everyone. Because it's designed with a soft foam separator between the two sides, you both tend to roll toward the center of the mattress; and IMO it's not the best mattress in the world for 'conjugal festivities'. ;)

I'd recommend giving it a good tryout before purchasing.

We have one and love it. It is nothing more then a glorified air matters but damn it works. My wife had a hip problem and the bed has helped.

I would recommend one over a traditional mattress. There is not much difference between the sleep number and a good traditional

I've known three different people that have had them and they all got rid of them fairly quickly. Based on what they have told me, I would never purchase one.

Interesting. Anything in particular you can recall?

We are due for a Mattress in the next year or so, and was starting to read up on these. My wife doesn't like it as firm as me.

I have a full(not just the pillow top, the whole thing) California King memory foam mattress, with "cool comfort technology" I love it. I have the best sleeps and have noticed a difference in energy after sleeping on it for a while. I recomend a memory foam mattress.

Interesting. Anything in particular you can recall?

We are due for a Mattress in the next year or so, and was starting to read up on these. My wife doesn't like it as firm as me.

I wish I could help more. One couple got the matress for the same reason you are interested and neither liked it. I just talked to them a couple of days ago about it, but don't remember specifics. If I talk to any of them soon, I will ask for their opinions.

I do remember one of my friends saying that it made his back feel worse, but that is contrary to what was written above.

Actually, I do remember one person telling me that it kept losing its firmness. Now that was due to a defect in the product, but they said they would never buy another one because they did not like it.

Is there any way you can try it out before purchasing?

Archived