Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Least favorite sports media personalities

ixcuincle

Lavar Arrington by a mile.

Most of the others mentioned in this thread can at least string their words together in a semi-coherent manner. Lavar spends half his show going "uh...uh..." searching for the correct word. Then when he manages to find it, he'll repeat himself 3 times. Not to mention he's a terrible interviewer. He has absolutely no business having his own radio show.

Sam Huff is up there too.

Cannot say I agree about LaVar at all. Love his show, interviews and perspective. I always tune on 106.7 the fan to listen to them on the ride home and I use to be a strict 101 fan.

Can we all agree that Sean Salisbury is the worst of all time?

Hahahaha I hate that guy

That guy always seemed so smug on camera...remember when he said something about walking back if the Redskins something something :ols:

Plaschke is great but I judge him more on his well-written LA Times columns than PTI appearances. If you want to talk about his columns then I don't see how you can dislike him because he writes perhaps the best opinions on the LA Times sports site

No one likes Mariotti for mysterious reasons

In fact I would say that nearly every journalist gets hate from fans, and it's yet to be explained why. "I HATE PLASCHKE I HATE SHAUGNESSEY"...I mean, if you hate Jason Whitlock or Drew Sharp or even Stephen A...I understand...but the list of hate for journalists should end there.

If you guys don't like 3/4ths of the people on ESPN, why do you watch it?

I don't. I watch CSN or NHLN pretty much exclusively now. ESPN is annoying especially once football season is over.

It's no analysis on hockey (big for me obviously), too much on basketball, and overall a lack of information.

I'd rather watch CSN that updates me in more detail on my local teams without going for the cheap laughs or glitzy shows.

If you guys don't like 3/4ths of the people on ESPN, why do you watch it?

Lol

ESPN gets a lot of hate but I am tolerant of most of their television personalities, as long as they aren't named Sean Salisbury, Mark May, Stuart Scott or Chris Berman. Everyone hated Stephen A. Smith when he was on ESPN but I always thought he was hilarious, especially when he hosted the Sunday Sportscenter.

Everyone also hates Bayless too but I find him humorous.

ESPN is the best at broadcasting sports though, have some of the best play by play men in the business. The complaints I have about ESPN are with Sportscenter and ESPN Radio on weekdays.

================

I can't stand Mike Tirico, I was watching the Youtube of the Vikings-Bears MNF game last year, he sounds so bored! Get excited! It's football!

Ever since MNF went to ESPN, the broadcasting crew associated with it has been a complete joke.

Well, this goes back to a guy who ain't around anymore but...

I was watching the game (MNF 1983) where Cosell made the statement, 'That little monkey gets loose, doesn't he?'

It was in reference to a reception by Redskin WR Alvin Garrett. And he refused to apologize for it. But did retire from football announcing at the end of '83 because he 'lost interest in football'.

I have not heard anyone with more arrogance or a more contemptible comment...ever.

But, it wasn't meant to be racially insensitive. It was a nickname he would use in reference to his grand kids, even.

There are names that myself and other coworkers would call each other at work that we would not do in public and definitely not not apply it to someone we did not know in front of several million people. He could have at least admitted to a poor choice of words considering the situation.

I was completely stunned and insulted when I heard him make that remark at that time. Let him burn.

Oh, it was a rotten choice of words; and considering the guy had a spectacular vocabulary it was especially surprising, I'm sure.

Offensive, though? Well, I wasn't around in 1983, so I can't really. I don't know if I would've been offended, personally. Cosell was getting up there in years and he probably just had a mental lapse.

Oh, it was a rotten choice of words; and considering the guy had a spectacular vocabulary it was especially surprising, I'm sure.

Offensive, though? Well, I wasn't around in 1983, so I can't really. I don't know if I would've been offended, personally. Cosell was getting up there in years and he probably just had a mental lapse.

And his choice of words in boxing in 1982 about referees stopping bouts which lead to referee Richard Greens suicide in '83? F' him.

And his choice of words in boxing in 1982 about referees stopping bouts which lead to referee Richard Greens suicide in '83? F' him.
Wait, what?

I should also add Siragusa. Just shut up you fat douche and stop talking.

Archived