Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Today: Without a Super Bowl, 'there is no tomorrow' for the Cowboys

tr1

You know what this reminds me of?...It reminds me of your typical Cowboys fan back in 2005 after Brunell and Moss destroyed their team on Monday Night Football in the last 5 minutes of the game. Afterwards, the prevailing sentiment among Dallas fans was that we acted like that was our "Super Bowl", that Gibbs and the players looked like fools for celebrating to much (just more "proof" that it was our Super Bowl)..and that the Skins got lucky anyway and the Cowboys will prove that when they met up again later in the season. Hell, even the media was saying the Skins got "lucky" and that Dallas would show they were obviously the better team when the two squads met up again.

We know what happened, of course lol :cool:...Dallas got it's ass stomped by those "lucky", "It was their Super Bowl" Redskins...who happened to go on and make the playoffs while the Cowboys did their annual season's-end nosedive and watched from their livingroom couches.

I love Cowboys fans arrogance. :thumbsup:

How come its Cowboys fans arrogance when Skin fans only go back so far to make their point. but the series stats up, lets go back that far?

Might be Cowboy fans arrogance but its Skins fan delusions that are far worse and scarier?

How come its Cowboys fans arrogance when Skin fans only go back so far to make their point. but the series stats up, lets go back that far?

Might be Cowboy fans arrogance but its Skins fan delusions that are far worse and scarier?

What's so delusional about saying Cowboys fans are arrogant? They are (and you keep proving that point, god bless ya)...

What's so delusional about saying the ridiculing of the Skins in 2005 by claiming their beating the Cowboys was their "Super Bowl" came back to bite Dallas in its pathetic ass? It did.

What's so delusional about a Skins fan pointing out that, for all of Cowboys' fans fake bluster about how beating the Redskins is no big deal, the Cowboys have stuggled over their last 10 games with the Skins to simply break even at 5-5? It's true.

Here's a tip, though: if you have to go back to the entirety of the two franchise's history together to make a claim that your team is somehow better, that means your team hasn't been doing anything recently to prove that point. That's what a lot of Redskins fans love pointing out to the more pathetically arrogant Dallas fans...that their team hasn't done jack **** against the Skins of late, so all their bluster about the Redskins being irrelevant ring extremely hollow and fake.

Oh c'mon. What is football without the hated rival(s) to root against?

The hope of beating the Boys in either wk 11 or 16 and rooting against them every other week, was the main distraction/potential source of enjoyment for many skins fans in trying to get thru a 4-12 season.

You seem to think, though, that doing that is somehow connected to the Redskins' record. Trust me, whether we're going 4-12 and last place in the division or going 12-4 and winning the division, we will always want to beat the Cowboys, will always cheer on their opponents and will always celebrate when they lose :thumbsup:...it's not simply to detract from any negative results the Skins might by having at the time. It's just that Dallas falling flat on it's collective inflated egos is a thing of beauty lol...Watching Romo sits to pee fumble that snap, watching Romo sits to pee bury his head in his hands while laying face down in the middle of the Eagles' stadium...ah, that will bring a smile on my face everytime. The Skins don't need to lose first for that to happen :cool:...

The arrogance is why people hate the Cowboys . The thing is they, the team, has done nothing to warrant this level of aloofness . They beat a beaten up Eagles team to win their first playoff game in 16 years .

That is hardly an indictment for the most talented team in the NFC .

What amazes me is the fans feel they are beyond caring if they beat the Redskins . The rivalry means nothing .

But this is not just the fans it is a attitude that previals into the team .

Fair enough .

The Redskins haven't been lighting the world on fire but I can tell you something . No matter how unrealistic I a want the Skins to destroy everyone they play .

And then you look at some of the great teams . The Pats, the Steelers, we have little history with those teams but in 2007 when we went up to NE they hated us . They wanted to punish us for simply existing . And they did . The Steeler fans hated us . They invaded our stadium and embarrassed us in 2008 .

The Cowboys fans ... meeh ... and despite how bad we have been as a team or as dysfunctional we have been as an organization we have split the last 10 games .

You may not care about beating the Skins but **** it I know we want to beat you ... not because the Cowboys are like our Superbowl but we need to beat you on the way there ....and the fact you and your team thinks they have "transcended" the Skins tells me why they will always be the whine and cheese team of the NFL . You all need to get some passion .

thats the enjoyment thru any season, Skin fans think the SB is a game against the Cowboys, even when we sweep your team. Than the excuses fly, "well it wasnt by much" Or if your team win than its a perfect win. Get out of here with that. I sen more "We want Dallas" on this board than I see Cowboy boards that chant they want to beat teh Skins, Sorry your team isnt worth taht effort. Maybe our team is because this board chants it so much, but believe me from my personal point of view, beating the Skins isnt all that impressive.

Interesting... I think you're observing the difference between a fanbase consisting of mainly bandwaggoners, and one with true, passionate fans.

I have no problem going back to only last year:

The Skins sucked.

The pukes beat the Eagles 3 times ending up with their only playoff win in recent memory.

Oh, and then the pukes lost in a humiliating defeat to the Vikes against a qb who's probably been in the league longer than most of your fan base has been alive (I'm talking about the fan base size prior to a loss...because it's difficult to get a decent size evaluation on a fan base that's really not very loyal and is easily distracted by shiny, moving things).

:doh:

Congratulations, you beat the hapless, injury devastated Eagles in a playoff game!

:rotflmao:

Keep eating the cheese fellas...

It'll be lonely around here when you lose your fifth game eight games into the season.

I have no problem going back to only last year:

The Skins sucked.

The pukes beat the Eagles 3 times ending up with their only playoff win in recent memory.

Oh, and then the pukes lost in a humiliating defeat to the Vikes against a qb who's probably been in the league longer than most of your fan base has been alive (I'm talking about the fan base size prior to a loss...because it's difficult to get a decent size evaluation on a fan base that's really not very loyal and is easily distracted by shiny, moving things).

:doh:

Congratulations, you beat the hapless, injury devastated Eagles in a playoff game!

:rotflmao:

Keep eating the cheese fellas...

It'll be lonely around here when you lose your fifth game eight games into the season.

And along the way made YOUR Q.B, look foolish. Donovan looked pretty bad in those THREE losses last season while playing on an Eagles team that is far superior to anything the Skins will roll out this season. Wonder how he's gonna look now? :D HEY.....maybe he can do one of those funky little dances on the way out of the lockeroom like he did last season, right before he got humiliated for the 3rd time

You may not care about beating the Skins but **** it I know we want to beat you ... not because the Cowboys are like our Superbowl but we need to beat you on the way there ....and the fact you and your team thinks they have "transcended" the Skins tells me why they will always be the whine and cheese team of the NFL . You all need to get some passion .

:applause: :applause: :cheers:

While we both know that all the Cowboys fans talk of "not caring" about beating the Redskins is absolute bull****, you still nailed it there :thumbsup:...

And along the way made YOUR Q.B, look foolish. Donovan looked pretty bad in those THREE losses last season while playing on an Eagles team that is far superior to anything the Skins will roll out this season. Wonder how he's gonna look now? :D HEY.....maybe he can do one of those funky little dances on the way out of the lockeroom like he did last season, right before he got humiliated for the 3rd time

If you're thinking the Skins will come out passing 70% of the time like that other team McNabb played for... think again. ;)

finally, an actual prediction. With all due respect, I really doubt that Dallas will lose 5 of their first 8....but if they do I promise to be here!

How the hell would you know anything about history? You had to look up how many Super Bowls your team went to. You have no credibility. None. You are an embarrassment to any real Cowboys fan out there.

How the hell would you know anything about history? You had to look up how many Super Bowls your team went to. You have no credibility. None. You are an embarrassment to any real Cowboys fan out there.

This. DOTS didn't even know that they won a playoff game (finally!) last year. Any time he contributes to a thread, its already been lost, for Cowboys fans. But for those who appreciate good comedy, its a win every time :ols:

I don't think McNabb can be blamed for most of the problems in those losses...you might do some research and see who was hurt in those games and where they were played.

But, you're right...this is another year...and McNabb probably has some revenge on his mind.

Should be fun.

He doesn't seem to get much support from his puke pals...can't blame them, though.

With that beating Romo sits to pee took at the hands of the Vikings, you would know what turf on the helmet looks like...

from the eagles game right to the Vikings game. I tell ya, you guys are all politicians, keep redefining the subject. Dallas fans talk to Eagle fans "we got ya in the playoffs" here comes a Redskin fan with lots of time on his hands, "but you lost to the Vikings" So true, but that wasnt the argument. Here comes the Redskins rebuttal, "you guys suck"

"Good boy, those english classes are not being lost on you"

Dallas fan talking to the Giants fan "hey you got us good, played great, but how did you fail to make the playoffs? Here comes a Redskin fan, BUT you lost to the Vikings" "true silly, but that wasnt the talk, stop redefining everything"

Who said it last year, but I dont see any sigs with it I think it was Collingsworth "Giants owned the Cowboys, Eagles owned the Giants, Cowboys owned the Eagles and everyone owned the Redskins"

Sounds like the Tony Turnover we all know. :ols:

sounds like one of the worst offensive line performances in recent memory. the cowboys line sucks. Romo sits to pee has to avoid so many would be sacks every year and still gets taken down a lot. they HAVE to spend almost the entire draft next year on the offensive line.

from the eagles game right to the Vikings game. I tell ya, you guys are all politicians, keep redefining the subject. Dallas fans talk to Eagle fans "we got ya in the playoffs" here comes a Redskin fan with lots of time on his hands, "but you lost to the Vikings" So true, but that wasnt the argument. Here comes the Redskins rebuttal, "you guys suck"

Dallas fan talking to the Giants fan "hey you got us good, played great, but how did you fail to make the playoffs? Here comes a Redskin fan, BUT you lost to the Vikings" "true silly, but that wasnt the talk, stop redefining everything"

Who said it last year, but I dont see any sigs with it I think it was Collingsworth "Giants owned the Cowboys, Eagles owned the Giants, Cowboys owned the Eagles and everyone owned the Redskins"

I'm not redefining anything. A comment was made about McNabb having revenge on his mind for the loss to the Cowboys, to which VCDefector made a snarky comment saying that it was turf on his mind, to which I made the equally snarky comment about how much Romo sits to pee was hit/sacked/on the run against the Vikings.

And considering that the Cowboys went right from the Eagles game to the Vikings game, there's really no problem here about commenting on it.

Oh, sorry, I forgot. Here on the Redskins message board we can only talk about how good the Cowboys are and the wins they have. My bad.

Dallas fan talk, stop redefining everything"

i thought you said the cowturds hadn't won a playoff game :whoknows:, please only post wiki comments because this bores me....and its the only way to ignore the fact that you are a homer

i thought you said the cowturds hadn't won a playoff game :whoknows:, please only post wiki comments because this bores me....and its the only way to ignore the fact that you are a homer

once again redefining, but i dont expect you to keep up and ill be proud to point out any little fact you might forget, unless you keep everything you ever think of on these cell phones and ipads and what have you. you know, does the thinking for you so you dont go and offend everyone else.

I'm not redefining anything. A comment was made about McNabb having revenge on his mind for the loss to the Cowboys, to which VCDefector made a snarky comment saying that it was turf on his mind, to which I made the equally snarky comment about how much Romo sits to pee was hit/sacked/on the run against the Vikings.

And considering that the Cowboys went right from the Eagles game to the Vikings game, there's really no problem here about commenting on it.

Oh, sorry, I forgot. Here on the Redskins message board we can only talk about how good the Cowboys are and the wins they have. My bad.

McNabb is not going to have revenge on his mind. He is not the simpleton on the street making 7 50 an hour with only revenge on his mind. THe guy is a pro, he got beat and he got beat legitely, he didnt go after the refs, he didnt cry and he thought his team was going to stand behind him, which they didnt.

Hes on a new team, hes not 6 years old, hes not looking for revenge, hes looking to help his new team and thats it.

So that doesnt float, come on, you think he's sitting in his house caring that he lost to the Cowboys, he's beating us so many times it doesnt affect him like that.

The comment was on the Eagles and just should have stayed there, all i keep seeing is 1 arguement redefined into another. Or some posters only go back to where it suits their argument.

Your better than that, so the comment wasnt directed personally at you, but its still shown. Maybe we all do it, but it runs rampant a lot.

Archived