Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Insider: Shanahan noncommittal on O.J. Atogwe

flexxskins

Awwwww man . . . way to bring up some bad memories that most of us have tried to completely block out.

Atogwe >>>> Archuleta.

And I'd give him whatever his asking price is cause he'd automatically be the best safety on the team. He's a ball hawk, which is something this defense majorly lacks. It's not like he's asking for an outrageous number I'm sure. I'm alll for signing O.J. Really, really good player.

Remember the last Rams Safety we thought would be a beast on this team?

The organization has finally put in place a front office that can properly evaluate talent. Haslett said he wants ball hawks and turn overs. I don't think anyone can actually argue that we currently have someone who plays in that capacity. And Atogwe, stat wise, is better than anyone we can currently start at FS.

Remember the last Rams Safety we thought would be a beast on this team?

I was about to post exactly what pj just did:

Wow, I see a trend here. This is the same thing you said in the Otogwe thread in the ATN. Can you add anything more of substance or are you just going to stick to your "Remember Arch Deluxe" comment? You can say that about any position. We've signed alot of busts over the years and we'll probably sign more. It's the nature of the game. Just because one Ram didn't work out, doesn't mean another won't. Fletcher was a Ram. He worked out.

You've gotta back up your posts with more logic than that, Missin Meast. Especially if you're going to basically spam threads with the same posts.

That was the first thing that I thought of when I pictured O.J. on our team also.

Great minds.:)

Imagine having a legit coverage safety up top, and Landry crowding the line with a front 7 that already includes Haynesworth, Orakpo, Fletcher, and McIntosh.

I'm not sure if anyone remembers, but Hall's first interception as a Skin came as a result of a rare Landry blitz.

edit: Sorry, it was McIntosh.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/washington-redskins/09000d5d80c8ec6a/Redskins-Defense-Highlight-WK-11-vs-Cowboys-2008

Imagine Landry doing that, only more often.

You've gotta back up your posts with more logic than that, man. Especially if you're going to basically spam threads with the same posts.

His post seems plenty logical to me. He's exactly right. What more do you want? London Fletcher was a good addition. Archy wasn't. Randle El didn't quite work out here. Should we not go after trading for Steeler's in the future? There are plenty of examples, should he list them all? He's not spamming threads. He's just making a good point. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see you doing that.

His post seems plenty logical to me. He's exactly right. What more do you want? London Fletcher was a good addition. Archy wasn't. Randle El didn't quite work out here. Should we not go after trading for Steeler's in the future? There are plenty of examples, should he list them all? He's not spamming threads. He's just making a good point. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see you doing that.

You must have thought I was responding to pjfootballer, and I wasn't. I was agreeing with him. Because the guy I was responding to, made none of those points you just made. He was implying that since Arch didn't work out, O.J. wouldn't either, and he was spamming that same type of post, with no support or deeper thought, in multiple threads on this topic.

EDIT: I can see where you might be confused. I edited to make it obvious who I was directing my last comment towards.

hmm.. is atogwe any good? not that ive watched him extensively, but he's never struck me as an impact player at the safety position. He seems incredibly mediocre and solid, which doesn't scream "sign this guy now!" to me.

Solid is Way better then we have now

If this dudes so great, and for the record I'd be more than happy to have him on side, why is he still on the open market?

The way he's been lorded over by many on here, one would think he'd of been snapped up from the get go.

Hail.

He's probably asking for a Rolle-sized contract, or near to it. And most of the teams who are going to spend that kind of money, already did in FA. Who knows...

Atogwe >>>> Archuleta.

And I'd give him whatever his asking price is cause he'd automatically be the best safety on the team. He's a ball hawk, which is something this defense majorly lacks. It's not like he's asking for an outrageous number I'm sure. I'm alll for signing O.J. Really, really good player.

I wouldn't want this FO to give anyone any amount of money they are asking. I hope that ideology died with the last regime.

I would love to get him, if he passes a physical, but at a reasonable price, which I highly doubt he is looking for. He is looking to make more than he is worth. Which I don't blame him, but I don't want to be the team to open Ft Knox for a player, as we have in the past.

A FS coming off a shoulder injury is not a sure bet. I am VERY happy how our FO is handling this off season. Such a refreshing feeling.

Atogwe wants a large contract and the Rams ownership is not giving out these contracts since they have to sign Bradford.

Is Atogwe better than our other free safeties? Yes.

Is Atogwe a guy that is going to be a major difference maker for 2010 at the salary he is looking for?

The answer to that may very well be a qualified NO, and that is why the Redskins are not after him.

The longer this goes on the more I feel like I have no clue what till happen. Either we are waiting for his price to drop day by day or we really have no interest. I would like to think that if we have no interest its because our 6/7 round Safties are going to be more then servicable and not a case of Haislett saying please please please and allen saying no no no. Allen doesnt spend any money. Not that thats a bad thing but remember when we were in the bidding war with Tampa Bay they were like 40 million under the cap and stunk. So I'm not totally sold on this approachjust yet. While I love being more frugal than Vinny I'm just not sure if some times you can be too frugal.

The longer this goes on the more I feel like I have no clue what till happen. Either we are waiting for his price to drop day by day or we really have no interest. I would like to think that if we have no interest its because our 6/7 round Safties are going to be more then servicable and not a case of Haislett saying please please please and allen saying no no no. Allen doesnt spend any money. Not that thats a bad thing but remember when we were in the bidding war with Tampa Bay they were like 40 million under the cap and stunk. So I'm not totally sold on this approachjust yet. While I love being more frugal than Vinny I'm just not sure if some times you can be too frugal.

That's an interesting take. I sort of thought Allen was hog tied by the owner of Tampa Bay, who never spends money. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Archived