Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So is James O'Keefe (the ACORN pimp) still a right wing hero?

Destino

Like what, pray tell?

We had whole threads on this before, and it all amounted to bupkus. But you are free to try again, if you like.

the bupkus was all over those who actually defended this illegal organization. defend them again if you want to. even dems in congress won't touch them now.

the bupkus was all over those who actually defended this illegal organization. defend them again if you want to. even dems in congress won't touch them now.

They are political poison.

Now tell me exactly what nefarious deeds they did, if you can.

of course they are political poison.

and as you said, the thread has already been done - you chose to ignore what they did and that's fine. no need to :beatdeadhorse:.

You keep saying that they did all sorts of illegal, corrupt things. What were they?

Actually, I will point out that, way back when, it was revealed that in at least one state (Kentucky?) it's apparently illegal to pay someone to register voters.

I can only assume that ACORN was unaware of this law, since their defense against all of the lurid headlines the right wing spin machine were trying to manufacture against them was "these employees aren't following our orders, they're stealing from us."

But yeah, it does appear that they may have broken a law. They were paying people to register voters.

You keep saying that they did all sorts of illegal, corrupt things. What were they?

start in ohio and spread outward to many states.

predicto, we've done this thread before. pull it up if you want to.

and if you haven't noticed, my responses to most things the last several weeks have been shorter than usual - i sincerely apologize for the shortcomings. you are looking for a fight here. enjoy doing that with someone else.

You're right. We have.

And "whoregate" was the only thing ever produced, that didn't consist of people committing fraud against ACORN.

start in ohio and spread outward to many states.

I participated in that thread as ti went along. There wasn't anything there except empty accusations and soundbytes by conservative politicians. they fired up the voters, but had no basis in reality. Unless you got something new, you got nothing at all.

and if you haven't noticed, my responses to most things the last several weeks have been shorter than usual - i sincerely apologize for the shortcomings. you are looking for a fight here. enjoy doing that with someone else.

Fair enough. No one has to post if they don't want to. :cheers:

H_H, do a google search before you do the "liburls bad liars duh" knee jerk dance.

O'Keefe was praised to the high heavens on every show on Fox. He made several appearances on Glenn Beck, Hannity, Fox and Friends, Fox News Sunday, etc.

I forgot. You guys are still to thick-headed to realize that we're not all FOX-fed morons. But then that fact is inconvenient for you too.

Being on FOX =/= conservative hero. And frankly, it's rather sad that you continue to insult the intelligence of people like me with your ridiculous, continually disproven, and deliberately ignorant assumptions.

I forgot. You guys are still to thick-headed to realize that we're not all FOX-fed morons. But then that fact is inconvenient for you too.

Being on FOX =/= conservative hero. And frankly, it's rather sad that you continue to insult the intelligence of people like me with your ridiculous, continually disproven, and deliberately ignorant assumptions.

Just to point it out but, being a conservative hero does not equal being your hero necessarily. As Predicto showed practically every conservative that had a platform to shout from praised these guys.

That's not an attack on you specifically. You may not have fallen for their deception, but these two did pull the wool over many eyes and created a lot of ill will because of their deception and now proven crooked activities.

hero is a strong word. When he wanted to make a point about a dirty organization he did a pretty good job as an "investigative journalist." (I use that term lightly) As far as being edited, of course they were to make his point stronger but the fact is the workers still said those things to people who said that they were going to PIMP OUT FOREIGN UNDERAGE GIRLS!! so don't tell me they were fired unjustly.

http://ag.ca.gov/newsalerts/release.php?id=1888&

An investigation report by California Attorney General Edmund G. Brown Jr. released on April 1, 2010 found the videos from Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Bernardino to be "severely edited" and did not find evidence of criminal conduct on the part of ACORN employees, with the Attorney General stating "things are not always as partisan zealots portray them through highly selective editing of reality."

Brown's report found numerous faults with ACORN's activities in California, including:

- Failure to "recruit, train and monitor its employees to ensure compliance" with state law.

- Likely violation of state civil laws designed to protect personal information when employees of the San Diego office disposed of 20,000 pages of records in a dumpster. These violations could result in private litigation if any of the victims were injured by disclosure.

- Four instances of "possible voter registration fraud in San Diego in connection with the 2008 election."

- Failure to file a 2007 state tax return, an omission the Franchise Tax Board is pursuing.

- Sloppiness in its handling of charitable assets, although no misuse of those assets was found. The California Attorney General will monitor investigations into ACORN's overall finances by the IRS and Louisiana Attorney General.

Just to point it out but, being a conservative hero does not equal being your hero necessarily. As Predicto pointed out practically every conservative that had a platform to shout from praised these guys.

That's not an attack on you specifically. You may not have fallen for their deception, but these two did pull the wool over many eyes and created a lot of ill will because of their deception and now proven crooked activities.

So maybe "right-wing establishment" or "right-wing media" would have been more appropriate. But that's not what's being stated here. It's "right-wing" along with the usual tired and false accusation that we're all FOX lemmings.

It really gets tiresome. I see myself as a (slightly less reasonable) right-wing version of you. I really try hard to be consistent, and to evaluate issues that come up for what they are, rather than what the party line is. It's not easy. (As you know.) And it's not all that common. I guess that's why I tend to overreact sometimes when this kind of garbage is slung around.

Course, you have to ignore the fact that FOX, Beck, Hannity, O'Reilly and Rush convinced me to support candidate Obama. But if you're open minded enough, maybe you can do that.

(In retrospect, I wish I would've given them more credence prior to the election. Live and learn.)

Congrats. Doesn't change my belief (which I suspect isn't just my belief) that a large majority of neo-cons are and will continue to be.
Well there you go. Confusing Neo-Conservatives with Conservatives. There is a difference.

Archived