Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

please remove this thread (apology accepted, but thread will remain open for now)---MET :)

anar-k21

im listening to the new Exodus cd...pretty jammin.....

ok i cant wait to see how bad i get made fun of for that 1!!!!!!

let the heckling begin

Exodus has been around forever. I started listening to them in the mid-80s or so, though I really haven't heard their new stuff.

Exodus has been around forever. I started listening to them in the mid-80s or so, though I really haven't heard their new stuff.

different than the old stuff.....obviously....lots of guitar and very long songs lol but i like it..which probably means its wrong:silly:

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dGcYH6Fwj8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dGcYH6Fwj8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

:D

That song is actually a very clever satire (but it starts to grate on the ears after a while).

Dude. Seriously? That seems a bit much, I have to admit.

Not really. Last summer there was a case that was in the news around here about a body being found beaten to death in a patch of woods. Turns out he was in a gang that worshipped ICP. If I remember correctly he left the gang and 2 of the remaining gang members murdered him.

EDIT: Link to one of the news articles on the case.

Not really. Last summer there was a case that was in the news around here about a body being found beaten to death in a patch of woods. Turns out he was in a gang that worshipped ICP. If I remember correctly he left the gang and 2 of the remaining gang members murdered him.

EDIT: Link to one of the news articles on the case.

Well, that reminds me of the fear about black and death metal, too. The media always blow any sort of musical connection out of proportion, especially if it is fringe music -- it becomes sensationalized. (BTW, I read the article and some of the comments, too, some of which indicated that it wasn't so much about ICP . . .)

I have a feeling there were other problems at the root of these kids' violence. But the music -- rap, metal, whatever -- always gets the blame.

There are always idiots who take things too far. Heck, look at Charles Manson and the song "Helter Skelter."

different than the old stuff.....obviously....lots of guitar and very long songs lol but i like it..which probably means its wrong:silly:

I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip.

And don't worry. you are the not the first person that has made a misstep around here. Heck, look at my signature. :-)

Don't worry about it, just watch what you post.

So, I thought it odd that someone would cite Nickleback as a group with good lyrics - since everything I've garnered about this band leads me to believe they... umm... suck. So I googled their lyrics and picked a song at random. Can't say it proved me wrong. If anyone wants to tell me this is not a good example, I'm all ears. But if this is the best they can do, sheesshh... they're actually overrated in their sucktidude.

I like your pants around your feet

I like the dirt that's on your knees

And I like the way you still say please

While you're looking up at me

You're like my favourite damn disease

And I love the places that we go

And I love the people that you know

And I love the way you can't say no

Too many long lines in a row

I love the powder on your nose

Ooooh

And now I know who you are

It wasn't that hard

Just to figure you out

And now I know who you are

It wasn't that hard

Just to figure you out

one way or the other your sig is funny rincewind..i know how ya feel there!!

ya know Baculus i really dont think saying "i like this band" is such a misstep... i just couldnt believe how many people would spend time talking about stuff they dont like instead of stuff they like.... and im kinda a negitive person!!!! but man that just seems very negative to me ... but whatever makes ya'll happy!!!!!

if ya want we can turn this into "bands i dont like" thread???

Anar, I like:

Yonder Mountain String Band

moe.

Todd Snider

James Brown

The Digable Planets

Blackalicious

Dexter Grove

Lotus

Bob Dylan

Pink Floyd

Kimya Dawson

Bruce Hornsby

Euforquestra

The Talking Heads

The Gourds

Jerry Garcia (whoever he was playing with at the time)

John Hartford

Tribe Called Quest

Just to name a few. So there ya go... Enjoy your music!

very cool rincewind!!!! i like the old pink floyd alot too ..... quite alot of that i never heard of .. but ill give some of it a spin..... i listen to alot of different types of music too

i especially like blues...like B B , hendrix blues album, Robert Cray stuff like that

Archived