Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rainbow Gathering

GoSkins561

Never would have thought of you as one of those gay rights types. Really glad to see I was wrong, and I apologize for lots of awful things I've probably thought of you for some time.

Its not about gay rights, it's more about world peace.

Basically 20,000 hippies gather in the woods for a few days in an effort to promote world peace.

1) I don't get the impression that anybody in here knows a thing about these things.

2) You're description is reminding me of a comment I'd heard:

If you remember Woodstock, you probably weren't there.

Interesting, I and likely most people would assume it had something to do with gay pride or gay rights . So it's a fantasy gathering?

It's actually been around for a long time, I use to read about The Rainbow Gathering in a certain magizine, when I was in high school and college.

I was reminded of the Rainbow Gathering by an older retired gentleman I met, by the name of Bubba Love.

So here's the story...

This week a soldier was brought home to Frederick and people organized on Monday to lined the streets of Frederick with flags to honor his arrival and service. I went and found my spot on a bridge on Opposumtown Pike. I was standing there and the gentleman I was standing next to, mid 60's, retired, holding an umbrella in one hand, and a small flag in his other, said, "have you ever heard of the Rainbow Gathering"? I replied "yes" I use to read about it all of the time in ____ _____'s magizine. I told him I had always thought it looked like fun, and enjoyed going to Dead shows just to hang out in the parking lot. He replied with his real name and said, "my Rainbow festival name is Bubba Love". :ols: hand me the duct tape. ;)

Bubba Love use to own a rolling skating rink in Frederick by the name of "Skate Haven", him and his wife ran the rink for years, sold it and retired happily. Since his retired he told me all of these great stories about his visits The Rainbow Gathering, and The Burning Man.

So after our fallen hero passed by, he said, "if you're interested in visiting the Rainbow Gathering, come to my car and I will give you a DVD to watch", I went and got the DVD, he said, "if I give you this, the only thing I ask is to watch it, and pass it on with in 10 days". I agreed.

So I watched the video tonight, very interesting to say the least, the pictures in -blank- magizine, didn't do it justice. :ols:

The Rainbow Gathering is a complete hippy festival,relaxed, no one is fighting, everyone joins together and has a good time, camping in the woods.

This year it's suppose to be in West Virginia on the weekend of July 4th, in typical hippy style, the location hasn't been picked yet.

The Burning Man sounds very cool as well.

My father was doing his thesis back in the 80s so he interviewed some of the "family" while they were at the Allegheny National Forest for a gathering and I went with him.

If it's still similar, expect to see lots of bad nudity. 70 year old topless women bad. More smoking than a Dead concert ever had and lots of gawkers.

I will be meandering around the shakedown area with a guy that looks like Moses with dreadlocks. :ols:

:ols: hilarious.

Even though I am not a hippy, and I don't agree with many of the things they are about, I think they are fun and cool to be around.

You will probably find me at the drum circle wearing my sarong.

I'm sorry but it's hard to imagine anything less influential to the state of world peace than a bunch of hippies getting stoned and playing music in the woods.

Yeah ... some people called Woodstock a revolution, but no revolution was ever won by sitting stoned in a muddy field.

Archived