Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Santana Moss received HGH from accused Canadian doctor, sources say

JimmiJo

Perhaps if sport in America was actually interested in trying to stop drugs in sport they would punish the cheats with a 2 year ban for a first offence and a lifetime ban for a second offence rather than just pay lip service to the problem with a 4 game ban. A 2 year ban would make an athlete think twice about juicing. 4 weeks is more like a vacation not a punishment.

I just hope it's just press rumours that Santana is involved. There has been enough rubbish in the press this off-season about the skins, I hope this is just more of the same.

After reading this quote from Moss and some from Portis in recent days I think we can safely conclude... the entire English dept at the University of Miami needs to be suspended or fired. I mean goodness gracious... these are college educated people?

:ols: Why are you people shocked by this? There football players for crying out loud. Some of them care about how they sound but just cause they went to college doesnt mean there gonna talk like they graduated from Harvard. Hell, they could be mentally retarded for all I care as long as they score some damn touchdowns Im good.

:logo:

Forget suspensions. Players caught using performance enhancing drugs should be forced to wear a caution orange jersey for the remainder of the season. That way fans and everyone else are always aware of who the cheater is and players to carry the weight of poor judgement. No one is going to sign a sponsorship deal with a guy sporting a scarlet letter for 16 games.

just cause they went to college doesnt mean there gonna talk like they graduated from Harvard.

I don't think people go to Harvard to learn how to string sentences together. In fact I'm fairly certain that unless you're a foreign national command of the English language is expected in order to be admitted in most cases.

The source said that he asked to meet the doctor at a hotel in DC but it never said that he was give any treatment. All of this is being reported by JLC who knows nothing about the Redskins. His sources haven't been right since Vinny Cerrato was fired. So until they come out and say that he is guilty he is innocent. If they have a source then provide it. A "according to two sources familiar with the investigation" is not a creditable source. I could say that JLC is this or that "according to two sources familiar with the investigation" but that doesn't mean that what I say is credible. So why believe this moron?

If it was used, I believe it was to treat injuries and not in a performance enhancing way, to get him on the field because Lord knows that there was nobody behind him on the depth chart who would scare anyone. Be that in 2007 or any year for that matter. If he gets suspended, it'll suck because I really see him thriving in this offense and with McNabb @ QB.

Moss is a good Redskin, if this ends up being true and the treatment was to be on the field, I can't say I'll lose that much respect for the man.

Wow, it's unbelievable how many people here still pretend to be shocked that there are professional athletes who may not have taken advantage of the education part of their collegiate careers.

Yes yes he used double negatives. Yes yes he went to college.

Sheesh.

If this is true, Moss should be embarrassed for being so mediocre.

That's what I thought.

*sigh* When it comes to sports and doping/cheating I am not surprised anymore. Thought Santana was better than that. Of course all speculation, but it doesn't look good for him.

Moss using Performance Enhancing Drugs?

He should be cleared of this accusation. His performance has been anything but enhanced the last few years.

Pwnd. We should just cut him when he's suspended...no need to have him take a roster spot if he's suspended 4+ games.

Pwnd. We should just cut him when he's suspended...no need to have him take a roster spot if he's suspended 4+ games.

that would be nice.. he's so inconsistant.. some times he's hot and catches everything....but theres those games where he cant catch nuthin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if that will actually happen. He never actually recieved or consumed any banned substance (in this particular case anyway). It never made its way to him!

Well I mean legally speaking you'd be right, but the NFL has its own set of rules, and I'd say even TRYING to obtain HGH, whether you actually get it or not, would be a punishable offense and Goodell would do something about it.

Considering that Brian Cushing received a 4 game suspension for a POSITIVE test and Moss is only reported to have been a client of Galea one would think they're gonna need a whole lot more evidence to suspend Moss.

Cushing didn't test positive for HGH or any steroid. Just an unknown banned substance. There's a lot of non-steroid stuff on the list too.

Archived